Chit Chat
Options

Missing shower invites. WWYD?

My FI's aunts are graciously throwing me a shower in a few weeks. They send out invites maybe two weeks ago based on a list I gave them. It was mostly just family/bridesmaids. I mentioned to the BMs a while back that they were going to receive it, but no pressure to come because I'm already having another shower in the town we live in and this shower is about an hour and half away in our hometown.

I hadn't heard anything from any of the BMs except my MOH, who said she can't make it. I thought it was kind of strange that they didn't bring it up so I asked if they received it. (Again, I didn't expect them to come, but I figure they would mention receiving it you know?)

Anyway, I asked one and she said no, she didn't get it. So I asked two more and same thing. 

I'm assume that some of the invites got lost in the mail. I'm not sure what to do here. I don't want to go around asking everyone because that seems like not place. I know I shouldn't be involved. But I also I don't want them to think my friends are rude for not replying. And I hate that they didn't even get the invite. I mean none of the three can come, which is fine and what I assumed. 

Should I say something to his aunts or just leave it alone? I kind of lean towards leaving it alone. I don't want to be rude or make them feel bad. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Missing shower invites. WWYD?

• Options
    I'd just leave it, especially if they said they can't come anyway and are going to your other shower (I'm assuming?).

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    I would mention to my aunt that so and so said they didn't get their invitation. Even if it's not the bridesmaids, other people could have not received theirs too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would probably mention it to the aunt. Maybe she changed her mind on how many people she wanted to host and cut them from the list, maybe the invites didn't go out when she said they did, or maybe they got returned. When you get closer to the RSVP deadline you can offer to help call up any stragglers.

• Options
    I would let the aunt know so she can check with others she sent it to and see if they've all been lost or whatever.  I'd hate to host something and be waiting around for replies when someone knows that the invites haven't been received and just chose not to tell me.  I would want to know there may have been a problem (wrong postage, issue with envelope, mail merge gone wrong, etc)
  • Options

I would probably mention it to the aunt. Maybe she changed her mind on how many people she wanted to host and cut them from the list, maybe the invites didn't go out when she said they did, or maybe they got returned. When you get closer to the RSVP deadline you can offer to help call up any stragglers.

She was asking me if there were more people I wanted to invite when I sent her the list so I can't imagine she would just cut people from the list. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kvruns said:

I would let the aunt know so she can check with others she sent it to and see if they've all been lost or whatever.  I'd hate to host something and be waiting around for replies when someone knows that the invites haven't been received and just chose not to tell me.  I would want to know there may have been a problem (wrong postage, issue with envelope, mail merge gone wrong, etc)

Yeah I definitely think something went wrong. I feel like I would want to know too, but I wasn't sure if that was overstepping. I'm thinking now it makes more sense to say something though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    littlepep said:

She was asking me if there were more people I wanted to invite when I sent her the list so I can't imagine she would just cut people from the list. 
    Then yeah I'd definitely mention something like "hey, friend 1 and friend 2 mentioned they didn't get their shower invitations. Should they have gotten them by now? Let me know if you need help getting in contact with anyone."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards