Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

reply cards

kellebelle12kellebelle12 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
edited March 2015 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
 so I"m doing our reply cards for the wedding, and my  wedding in june 13 2015 and when should i ask for them to reply it by?
also do u send it to the Bridal party?

Re: reply cards

• Options

so I"m doing our reply cards for the wedding, and my  wedding in june 13 2015 and when should i ask for them to reply it by?

When do you need to give your final numbers to the caterer?  That's typically 1-2 weeks from the day of the wedding, so you would make your RSVP date about a week before that date.

• Options

When does your venue need a final count? For a June 13 wedding, assuming you need to hand in your final numbers by June 3rd, I would have an RSVP due date of May 20. Very often, there is a need to track down the few stragglers that forget to RSVP. You should not do that until the RSVP date has passed, and then allow for an extra day or two.

It is important to receive an RSVP from every guest attending. That includes not only everyone in your bridal party, but you and your FI as well. As absurd as it sounds, numbers and meals often get messed up because the bride and groom forgot themselves in their final count!
  • Options
    thank you all, your very helpful
  • Options
    Check with your venue, we have a 30 day out meeting which is when we need to give them the count. I thought that was ridiculous (and still do), but that's how it is there. I have scheduled the meeting as close to June 13 as possible, but it is still about a month before. All that said, because of that, ours are due May 1st. 
  • Options
    aphrodite0869aphrodite0869 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2015

I sent mine out in Feb for my April 25 wedding and needed them back by March 25, a month before our wedding.  I did have to constantly remind people to send them back or ask them if they were going as they said before.  I would just ask your venue when they need the info.  My count can change up to the day before, but they still needed a close count a month before to ensure they envision my day as I want it as far as set up and stuff.

You will need to send them to the bridal party as well.  If they have plus one's or family you wll need to know how many.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards