Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cheesecake Transportation

So, I've got a little bit of a thing I'm trying to find a solution for.

We're doing miniature cheesecakes in espresso cups for our wedding cake. That's fine an all, but two problems: 1. It's in August. 2. It's at a state park, which is a half hour drive from the nearest relative.

So, anyone have any advice for transporting close to a hundred tiny cheesecakes in heat?

Re: Cheesecake Transportation

• Can you freeze the cheesecakes & then put them into tupperware containers & then put them into a cooler for transporting. May do a trial run with a small batch to see how they look & taste after being frozen & then also put them into a cooler & check after two hours what the condition of them is. Are they still frozen, are the ready to eat, or are they warm? Love the idea of what you are doing. With the cheesecakes in containers, you can always put ice then into the coolers to add extra chill without the ice touching the cakes themselves.

• Purchase a couple of those under the bed plastic storage containers and put them on ice.

I'm curious though - what are you doing with your other (possibly perishable) food? Does your reception venue not have refrigeration? 
    *********************************************************************************

• Dry ice in insulated coolers. I was going to say ice packs, but being August, probably not a good idea. They'll start melting pretty quickly, especially if they're not frozen. Are you making the cheesecakes yourself? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards