Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

What did you do for your groom?

Hi there, I may post this in a few other spots as well. 

I realized I have been spending a lot of energy figuring out how to make our wedding weekend special and memorable for all the people involved from guests to parents and our bridal party...but what about my AMAZING groom? 

I would really love to think of some special surprises to have planned for him throughout the weekend. Be it activities, gifts or whatnot...

I would love to hear what other brides did to make their man feel super special?

Thanks!

Re: What did you do for your groom?

• My groom was just pleased to not have to be anywhere near the bridesmaids getting ready!  LOL

He and his guys played a round of golf, compliments of my dad, the day of the rehearsal.  We exchanged our gifts to each other at the rehearsal dinner; I had made him custom cufflinks out of new pennies from the year we got married. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_what-did-you-do-for-your-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:4cb523aa-599a-4335-a57a-58d83ad41a19Post:df137402-7ae6-4af6-bf73-82770e018830">Re: What did you do for your groom?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My groom was just pleased to not have to be anywhere near the bridesmaids getting ready!  LOL He and his guys played a round of golf, compliments of my dad, the day of the rehearsal.  We exchanged our gifts to each other at the rehearsal dinner; I had made him custom cufflinks out of new pennies from the year we got married. 
    Posted by melissagh10[/QUOTE]

<div>Aw! That's vvery sweet, I like the penny idea! Ya, haha, I am sure my groom would say the same thing about avaoiding the girly mayhem. He is also playing golf and I was thinking of having cigars waiting at the 18th hole or something like that....</div>
  • I took boudoir photos for him. He's always asked and I was uncomfortable. So I got my head into the game and had a fun day. I bound the photos in a leather book and had them delivered morning of.
  • Nothing other than a nice card. We were both so poor after paying for the wedding that there was no way we could afford gifts for each other. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • We did not do gift for each other after we spent a lot of money on the wedding and HM. We exchanged cards on the morning of our wedding and wrote letters to each other inside of them. I really enjoyed opening his card and reading his message to me before I walked down the aisle.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Surprising him with a groom's cake at the rehearsal dinner.
  • I married him Tongue Out

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• edited May 2012
    The day before, H got to take all of his family and mine on base to see the plane he flies (he's a Naval Aviator). He was sooo excited and proud to have some attention on just him for the day. He was pooped afterward but I could tell that he appreciated escaping the crazy wedding stuff that I was busy taking care of, to just... be himself. 
    The night before (that night), my H had his GMs stay at our place and I stayed with my aunt. It was perfect. We wanted to be apart the night before because we thought it would be a fun build up, and he was able to spend the night making jello shots (we had champagne jello shots at our wedding in our wedding colors, lol.. fo rthe younger crowd)   and playing video games. 

Ultimately, I knew that he didn't need any special gift... Our wedding was all his idea. He was thrilled to plan it with me and deal with all the crazyness.. but he loved having the day before all for him and I was more than happy to give that to him :) 
    I also surprised him with my garter. It was a Georgia Tech garter, which is the college he went to. :) 

• Our guys had their pictures done about an hr & 1/2 before the wedding then they had about 45 mns to just sit in the air conditioning to chill and talk. They didn't have to help do anything or deal with chores. They appreciated the down time!
  • I'm going to write a letter to him that will be delivered the day of.  Also, his groom's cake will be at the rehearsal dinner:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_what-did-you-do-for-your-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:4cb523aa-599a-4335-a57a-58d83ad41a19Post:5920ec8b-046a-4d8a-b2a7-bafe6403dfb2">Re: What did you do for your groom?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nothing other than a nice card. We were both so poor after paying for the wedding that there was no way we could afford gifts for each other. 
    Posted by TaraW1979[/QUOTE]

This. I read somewhere on here where the bride wrote a cute little note and tucked it away in the pocket of the groom's tux. I think she texted him or something telling him to check his pocket and he found the little note and it was the cutest thing. I'll probably do something like that.
  • I will be having a groom's cake for him at the reception and I did a boudoir photo shoot. I'm getting a photobook made and will give it to him when we get to the hotel on our honeymoon.
  • Oh, I love the idea of boudoir photos?  It woulld be quite something, as I am rather modest - was it easy to get into the mood and have fun during the shoot?
  • It was a little akward at first but then was a lot of fun after a few minutes.  My photographer was great, and a female which I think helped make it more comfortable. If you are camera shy try having a glass of wine or something before to loosen up lol!
  • I got him a groom's cake that was present to him at the reception.  He always says that the order of love is me, our dog, and his car, so I had a grooms cake made of his beloved Cadillac STS-V.  He absolutely loved it and it was a huge hit at the wedding.
  • I wrote him a love letter and I put together a "Groom Survival Kit" which he loved!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_what-did-you-do-for-your-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:4cb523aa-599a-4335-a57a-58d83ad41a19Post:277cbfa5-7ce3-411c-aa41-52aac47f7019">Re: What did you do for your groom?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did not do gift for each other after we spent a lot of money on the wedding and HM. Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Us as well
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_what-did-you-do-for-your-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:4cb523aa-599a-4335-a57a-58d83ad41a19Post:df137402-7ae6-4af6-bf73-82770e018830">Re: What did you do for your groom?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My groom was just pleased to not have to be anywhere near the bridesmaids getting ready!  LOL He and his guys played a round of golf, compliments of my dad, the day of the rehearsal.  We exchanged our gifts to each other at the rehearsal dinner; I had made him custom cufflinks out of new pennies from the year we got married. 
    Posted by melissagh10[/QUOTE]

Awww that's so cute! I love the penny idea. I was thinking of doing custom cuff-links as well!
  • I did very classy, more "pin-up" like boudoir photos. I loved them, I had fun doing them and my husband LOVED them! He will call me up at work and tell me "Where is my present, I can't find my present?!" My phtographer made me feel so comfortable and therefor I was able to just let loose and be myself and have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're not married yet, wedding's 6 months away, but I'm planning a few things for him already. His dad and brothers are all surprising him with a round of golf the day of, which he'll love and he'll be out of the way, lol. I'm making a special groomscake that he won't know about until the reception. And while he's in the grooms suite getting ready, his sister, my MOH is going to deliver a watch I'm having specially engraved for him.
    I LOVE the idea of a surprise letter in his tux pocket, I might steal that one from you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards