Budget Weddings Forum

Help !

In need of 100-150 silver charger plates for my diy budget wedding. 

Re: Help !

• Search the classified boards
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • And check out Michaels.  They always have silver chargers.  Add in some coupons and it won't be a lot of money out of pocket.

• If you are having a DIY budget wedding I suggest skipping the chargers.  You can use those funds for something more important.

But Olive... what about the Pinterest picture of the table setting?
  • If you are having a DIY budget wedding I suggest skipping the chargers.  You can use those funds for something more important.

But I agree with this.  Chargers, IMO, are pointless add-ons that no one really gives two shits about.  Your guests, however, will give two shits if you offer another app or some extra alcohol.

But I agree with this.  Chargers, IMO, are pointless add-ons that no one really gives two shits about.  Your guests, however, will give two shits if you offer another app or some extra alcohol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• DIY should be decorations, bouquets, but not catering.

Your caterer may have them for less than buying them.  Ask what caterer will charge to use them.  Mine was less than buying them and I didn't have to worry about bringing them to wedding and packing them up afterwards.
  • Get whatever colors you can find that fit your budget. Assuming you won't be serving food on them, you can lightly sand them then & paint them with silver spray paint for a few dollars per can making them all match. And yes, you can get shiny silver paint or brushed nickel and other options in between.
  • Erikan73 said:

Get whatever colors you can find that fit your budget. Assuming you won't be serving food on them, you can lightly sand them then & paint them with silver spray paint for a few dollars per can making them all match. And yes, you can get shiny silver paint or brushed nickel and other options in between.

What she'd spend on spray paint, supplies, and value of her time she could purchase/rent them for less...

P.s. I'm in club "skip it and spend that money on an extra app!!"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards