Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

thank you cards for office bridal shower

So I'm having some issues trying to find the best wording for my thank you cards.

My coworkers threw me a surprise bridal shower this past friday, and I am sitting down tonight to write out thank you cards. There were a few ladies that bought me physical gifts, and then a "everyone chipped in" type gift card.

How do I word the thank yous for the ladies who contributed to the gift card?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: thank you cards for office bridal shower

• Options
    Thank each person who contributed in an individual note for the generous gift.
  • Options

So I'm having some issues trying to find the best wording for my thank you cards.

My coworkers threw me a surprise bridal shower this past friday, and I am sitting down tonight to write out thank you cards. There were a few ladies that bought me physical gifts, and then a "everyone chipped in" type gift card.

How do I word the thank yous for the ladies who contributed to the gift card?
    For my group gift from my co-workers I wrote a thank you note to all of them and placed it in the kitchen on top of the coffee maker.  I knew everyone would see it there, we were also the only department that used that kitchen.  

If you work in a larger office, you may also want to write a note to each person who contributed to the gift card.  
  • Options
    "Thank you so much for contributing to a gift, that was very thoughtful/much appreciated" 

Something like that maybe? 

I got 2 different gifts at my shower that 2 different sets of people went in on together. I wrote them each an individual thank-you note and wrote it like I did all the other thank you notes; "Thank you for x, I can't wait to use it! etc etc" 
  • Options
    For mine, they just all went in on a gift card. Since we don't have a central place where I could put a card out and it was a fairly large size group, I sent out an email to the team to say thank you. Not sure if that was proper or not, but that is what other brides before me have done, so I was following the normal process for our office.
  • Options
    I wrote individual thank you notes for each person who contributed to the 2 gift cards I received.

• Options
    Erikan73 said:

For mine, they just all went in on a gift card. Since we don't have a central place where I could put a card out and it was a fairly large size group, I sent out an email to the team to say thank you. Not sure if that was proper or not, but that is what other brides before me have done, so I was following the normal process for our office.

You're really supposed to give hand written individual notes.   
  • Options
    My co-workers also threw me a surprise shower. There are over 60 people in my department and I had no idea who contributed to the gift and who didn't. Some people signed the card and some didn't. 

I wrote an email to everyone immediately after the party thanking them for the party and the joint gifts. Then I wrote a general thank you note and put it in our break room. I also wrote individual thank you notes to the people who organized the party because I ended up finding out who was actually involved.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards