Wedding Invitations & Paper

is letterpress worth it?

we can't seem to be able to decide - and we really need to order very soon - is LP worth spending the extra money on? as opposed to digital printing? what made you choose one vs other? 
- The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 

Re: is letterpress worth it?

• This is really a personal preference and budget preference.  I correlate letterpress to a more fancy affair.  But, just because something is not letter pressed doesn't mean that I automatically think of the wedding as being casual.  The combination of the style of invitation (colorful vs traditional), the venue and time of day all contribute to the formality level.

So in the end it comes down to what you and your FI like the best, because truthfully your guests probably won't remember that your invitations were letter pressed.  And once your wedding is over with they will just chuck them in the trash.  Harsh, I know, but that is the reality of the situation.

• Nobody can answer this question except YOU.  If it is important to you, then go for it.
    You might look at thermographic printing - raised lettering that imitates engraving.  It is budget friendly, but still has a formal look.  Invitations by Dawn is one source.  Carlton is another.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Thank you for the advice! 
    - The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards