Nevada-Las Vegas

second thoughts

we are now a month out from our destination wedding to las vegas and i am having second thoughts. this will be my first time to lv, and most of my 30 guests will be first time visitors as well. as crazy as it sounds i am worried that i will get there and hate las vegas! my fiance is very excited, but i cant shake the feeling of uncertainty. our guests have spent a lot of money to be able to join us for this, and i will be devastated if everyone doesn't enjoy themselves. i orignally wanted to have a destination wedding in the carribean, but fiance was not on board, so we decided on las vegas, and the past couple of months i have found myself wishing i had not backed down from my original plan. i never get to do this again, and i just don't want to walk away regretting our decison. we are getting married at the juno gardens, with dinner in a private room at carmines for the reception. but i am clueless on what to do afterwards! anyone have any advice?!

Re: second thoughts

• I honestly think it will come to you once you get there. There are so many options to choose from, especially in the Caesars area. There are tons of bars, clubs, lounges, and restaurants if you want to continue the festivities. The Juno Gardens are really beautiful and Carmine's sounds like a great choice. I hope everything works out for you!!! 
  • The great thing about Vegas is that there is something for everyone. I think you should focus primarily on enjoying your wedding week(end). I think your guests will enjoy themselves as first timers. I suggest giving them freedom to explore the city. As for the day of, what time will the reception end? Are your guests closer in age?
  • The reception will be over around 9:30-10ish. So fairly early. We've got 6 friends and their significant others coming, so 14 people (including ourselves) that are all around the same age and will be wanting to stay out after the reception. We would like to take pictures at the sign and a couple other places after the dinner. I know they will have their own things they want to do, so I'm just not sure if I should continue to host and ask them to come with us for pictures and head to a bar/club afterwards or if I should end the night with them and let everyone do their own thing. I am overthinking everything at this point! Lol
  • I think you could offer an open invitation to anyone who wants to come along. We're doing a nightclub afterwards but we know some will decline and some will accept. It's totally up to them and how they feel at the end of the night.
  • Not sure what your age range is, but may I make a recommendation? Times Square Bar at NYNY. Duelling pianos, affordable drinks, and overall an amazing time. I've got a review from an unrelated trip somewhere if you're interested.
  • As a guest to a destination caribbean wedding, I would take vegas any and every day over that; it was expensive has hell and it made me feel like that fact was never considered. :-)  You'll be fine in Vegas; everyone will find tons of things to experience.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Vegas is the worlds greatest place to get married! Stay excited, I'm sure you will have a great time!
  • As a guest to a destination caribbean wedding, I would take vegas any and every day over that; it was expensive has hell and it made me feel like that fact was never considered. :-)  You'll be fine in Vegas; everyone will find tons of things to experience.

This is a great point to think about as well. If you're in the US or Canada, you can do a Vegas weekend for under $500 all-in (I've done it a number of times). 

I recently went to a destination wedding trade show and they were all Mexico & Caribbean vendors. Not a single one had a package where it was less than $4k a person for a week, and very few had less than one week stays. 

Vegas is affordable for those with small budgets, or extravagant and ritzy for those with expensive tastes. Not to mention, you can laze by the pool all day if you wanted to, as if you were in Mexico, or you can sight see, gamble, drink, or visit museums and take in the art.

I'm assuming you're probably booked for your hotel and all of that, otherwise I'd recommend taking a look at The Cancun Resort. It's off strip but is very Mexicana.
  • We had many guests who stated it was their first time and they kept telling us how they were having the times of their lives. It is the most amazing experience you could ask for!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards