Chit Chat
Options

So Apparently I'm Getting Fired

2»

Re: So Apparently I'm Getting Fired

• Options
    @loveislouder I work in HR in ON. IF they fire you and you have been there for more than 3 months, they have to prove that there is cause to fire you (i.e. written proof). As well, you may be entitled to severance. Do not quit. It will screw with EI if you need to file.

If you need to ask any questions re: HR, let me know.
  • Options
    Thanks guys :) I'm a little hungover today so I will start my job search this afternoon and go from there :) Bossman still isn't answering my e-mails for texts, but he is answering everyone else.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Thanks guys :) I'm a little hungover today so I will start my job search this afternoon and go from there :)Bossman still isn't answering my e-mails for texts, but he is answering everyone else.

This is so immature and unprofessional of him. You need out of there regardless of being fired or not. Take this as a blessing in disguise since you aren't being blindsided by it. Keep your head down, do your work as normal, and find something better!

ETA: words
  • Options

Thanks guys :) I'm a little hungover today so I will start my job search this afternoon and go from there :) Bossman still isn't answering my e-mails for texts, but he is answering everyone else.

That's so passive aggressive and I hate that. Good luck on the search and hope you find something soon!
  • Options
    Do you frequently go to work hungover? Is this perhaps part of the problem?
  • Options
    Regarding the boss on vacation thing: My boss takes "vacations" during which she works the entire time.  She recently went on a vacation for her 30th anniversary and worked the during the whole thing.  I would be getting texts at 5 am asking for updates on customers, etc (I don't even start work until 7).  If you don't respond within minutes, she's furious. But there have been times when she gets pissed at certain employees, and won't answer them back.  God forbid they stop including her on emails/texts though.  So, I get why love would be sending emails/texts, and I get how frustrating it is to not get answers back.  It's super passive aggressive. 

I do agree that going in hungover was not the best game plan.  Girl, get yourself some greasy food, drink a ton of water, pop an advil, and work like hell.  Tonight finish that resume and send it out. 

• Options
    sarahufl said:

Do you frequently go to work hungover? Is this perhaps part of the problem?

Lol no. I rarely, if ever drink. Like literally maybe 5 drinks over the course of a year. Stress induced bad decision last night.
  • Options
    levioosa said:

Regarding the boss on vacation thing: My boss takes "vacations" during which she works the entire time.  She recently went on a vacation for her 30th anniversary and worked the during the whole thing.  I would be getting texts at 5 am asking for updates on customers, etc (I don't even start work until 7).  If you don't respond within minutes, she's furious. But there have been times when she gets pissed at certain employees, and won't answer them back.  God forbid they stop including her on emails/texts though.  So, I get why love would be sending emails/texts, and I get how frustrating it is to not get answers back.  It's super passive aggressive. 

I do agree that going in hungover was not the best game plan.  Girl, get yourself some greasy food, drink a ton of water, pop an advil, and work like hell.  Tonight finish that resume and send it out. 

Agreed 100%. Advil is my best friend. Resume is done, just needs to get out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards