Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

How long did it take for you...

...to complete the whole name change process?  I don't just mean going to SS office and DMV...but changing everything that has your name on it. 

I got married on May 28th and haven't started anything yet.  I can't until we receive the certified marriage license back, which can apparently take 4-6 weeks here in New Orleans.  I'm anxious to get the ball rolling, but I'm realizing how much stuff there really is to change (HR paperwork at job, professional certifications, bank accts, credit cards, health ins., car title and ins., IRA, passport, bills, checkbook, etc, etc, etc...). 

For those of you who have done it, how long did it take for you to get every last thing changed?  Were there things that you just never bothered to change b/c you found that it didn't really matter?  Also, how long did it take for signing your new name to feel comfortable and automatic (it still feels totally weird to me...like I have to sit there and consciously think about how to write my own name)?  I'm just curious about this stuff...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards