Not Engaged Yet
Options

FRIDAY

WOOT WOOT! 

I have NOTHING to do this weekend except go to WW tomorrow morning and I couldn't be more excited about it!

H is working tomorrow so I'll probably get up, go to WW, work out, and relax for a little bit. I need to straighten up around the house and get some laundry done. 

Sunday is supposed to be really beautiful so I'm hoping to get some things done out in the backyard. 

I'm just happy the work week is OVAH! 

Re: FRIDAY

• Options
    @Swazzle - Enjoy your weekend, hope you WW meeting goes great!

Tonight I think H is playing poker, so I might try to catch up on laundry.

Tomorrow we have MIL's bday and then a Cleveland Gladiators game. 

Sunday we have Kinky Boots (playhouse square).

Other than that I'll probably just try to relax and tidy up a bit.

Anniversary
  • Options

@swazzle have a fun weekend doing nothing!

@dignity100 your weekend sounds exciting!

I'm so glad the week is over! After work I'm doing the grocery shopping.

Saturday I have a wax appointment, then we're going to Home Depot (AGAIN) to buy last minute flooring stuff, mop boards, paint for the interior of the house and our shutters and some outdoor stuff (mulch, flowers, etc) and bins to organize stuff around the house. The rest of the day will be spent spring cleaning since our town is doing a bulk pick up trash this week and next week.

Sunday will be more spring cleaning and organizing and dropping off stuff for donations. I can't wait to re-organize my house! I still have boxes I haven't opened from when I moved 2 1/2 years ago!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @Swazzle - YAY FOR FRIDAY!!! & I'm also really excited for you that you get a lazy weekend. You need it.

@Buddysmom80 - What could you possibly have in those boxes?!

I have a relatively lazy weekend as well. Nothing planned for tonight. Maybe I'll try to make my own fro-yo? I want to do some wedding crafts, and find a movie to watch.

Tomorrow will be a wonderfully lazy morning, though we should get the pup to the dog park at some point, and I'm DETERMINED to get FI to a jewelry store to get his ring finger measured, since we really must order him a wedding band soon. My mom has an appointment at Rent the Runway in the city at 5, so I'm going to meet her there. She found a few dresses online that she may want to wear for the wedding, so hopefully she likes how one of them looks in person. After that, I'm supposed to meet up with my friend who has a guest staying with her this weekend, for drinks. FI will probably drive into the city to meet up with us too. 

Sunday is a day of NOTHING PLANNED AT ALL. Ooh - except for about 5 TV shows that I love, including GoT, Veep, and Silicon Valley.

In other news, FI still hasn't heard back from the job he interviewed with on Tuesday. I'm really hoping he gets an answer or update today so we don't have to stress about it this weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @Hummingbird125 Sending all the job vibes to your FI!!!

@buddysmom80 Have fun with spring clean up! Isn't home ownership so much fun?

@Swazzle Enjoy your lazy weekend and playing in your backyard!! I love spring because it means I can be outside in my yard, even if it means I'm working in it, at least I'm OUT of the house!

@Dignity100 Sounds like you have a fun and busy weekend ahead of you! Enjoy!

I'm working from home today. I've actually worked from home all week because it's spring break and the rest of my team is vacationing with their families. Since I don't have kids, I'm just working from home instead and taking it as easy as I can while supporting 2 other people's responsibilities. We tried turning on our new AC yesterday for the first time because it's been in the 80s and the house was starting to get really warm. Lo and behold, nothing happened. So we had an AC tech out here this morning and all it took him was fiddling around with it for 2 minutes and the thing kicked right on! I suppose they forgot to hook up something with the unit when they installed it back in January. Later today I think I'm finally going to take my wedding dress to the dry cleaners to get cleaned and preserved and then I want to go shopping for some sort of bandeau bra. I got a really adorable black maxi dress this week when Loft had their big 50% off sale but the v-neck is reaallyyyy sexy with my boobs and I don't feel comfortable exposing them to that degree in public, so bandeau cover-up it is!

Tomorrow H and I are meeting some friends for the Atlanta Dogwood Festival! I can't wait! I'm really hoping there is a vendor there who sells these beautiful bird houses. I've seen him there before but he doesn't go every year so I don't know if he'll be there this year. Our friends live literally a block from the festival so we'll park at their apartment and walk with them to the festival and then walk back afterwards to hang out and drink and have a good time.

Sunday we don't have any plans. I think I might do some weeding (it's the chore that never ends) and see about some other projects and things that need to get done. OH and then I'm invading @southernpeach89's house to watch GoT!!!!

• Options
    @swazzle Good luck with WW this weekend! 

@Dignity100 Sounds like a fun weekend!

@buddysmom80 We need to get rid of some stuff too. DH's mom is doing a yard sale next week and I told her we would gather some stuff for it. Hopefully that will get done this weekend.

@Hummingbird125 I hope you both find a ring for your FI that you love!

@LaBro GOT!!!!

Today we don't have much happening. I'm working from home and DH has to work tonight. I'll probably go to CrossFit tonight and then just watch movies.

Saturday morning I plan to go workout and do some yard work and packing. I'm meeting a friend for lunch and afterwards continue packing. We need to get this house in boxes!

Sunday I want to go for a run if the weather is nice and probably just do some more packing lol. Our weekend isn't that interesting.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @lmcooper86 Your flowers are beautiful!!

@speakeasy14 I always say it's better to have TOO much paint then not enough. So even if you have a whole gallon extra now, at least you didn't run out of paint halfway through the original project. ;) Congrats on finishing priming!! It's looking good!

• Options
    I'm so happy it will be nice enough to get outside this weekend!

I got new Nikes delivered yesterday and I think they might be too small. I want to go to the mall today to see if any places have a half size up so I can try them on. Looking online it doesn't look like anyone does  but I'll just go in and see. I don't want to have to wait for a new pair to be delivered because I want to wear them this weekend!
    I might ask my boss if I can take a couple hours vacation time to leave early today to go the mall because once I get something on my mind I can't focus on anything else. I'd really like to buy some new Spring clothes too and am in desperate need of new jeans. I wanted to wait until I lost a couple more pounds and I'm feeling pretty bloated today but I might try anyways.

Tonight I will hopefully workout. Tomorrow FI is off so we can go in town to the jewelers building and look at wedding rings! I have had a hard time finding something that looks good with my e-ring so hopefully I find something. We might end up ordering FI a cheap Tungsten ring online but we still need his ring size and it will be good for him to try things on too. I don't want to spend too much on his since he probably won't wear it much.

Sunday FMIL wants to go to Charming Charlie's to look for necklaces that I can use as a belt for my wedding dress. Her sister had a necklace that I fell in love with but it doesn't go all around my waist and FMIL can't find any pieces that match to attach to it :(  I'm pretty bummed about this.

• Options
    Sounds like you all have nice relaxing weekends! 

We have the same! We don't have any plans for this weekend at all! I know BF wants to go see Furious 7, so we will do that, and we might be going out for hibachi with my cousins Saturday night. Other than than, relaxing is in the cards, and I can't even friggen wait!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    Happy Friday! I only have to work for a couple hours today, then I'm off to find a reference one of my committee members sent me to help write the introduction to my dissertation. Productivity. Tonight I'll probably keep working on my dissertation.

Tomorrow I have a haircut in my parents' hometown, which will be my chance to touch base with my stylist. My hair is about down to the middle of my neck, so I doubt she'll be taking much off, but hopefully she can shape it so 1) I look more like myself and 2) it cooperates better the day of the wedding. This woman has made me look like I had an updo for my senior prom when my hair was not much longer than this, so it'll also be my chance to remind her I promised FI I would look like myself the day of the wedding ...

Sunday I'm hoping to get in at the spa for a sugar/salt scrub, seaweed wrap, and massage. Otherwise more dissertation work and house work.
  • Options
    I am soooooooooo happy it's the weekend!

I only have to put in 3 hours today, so I slept in until 6:30, got my PiYo work out over with, and just settled in to work a few little bit ago.  I'll be out of here by lunch!

Not much going on this weekend in the way of big plans, but I'm kind of glad.  Tonight we have dinner reservations at a Brazilian place to celebrate H's bonus/raise, my new job offer, and paying off the student loans last month.  I plan on eating ALL THE THINGS.

Tomorrow H is getting up to start watching soccer at 6:45 AM.  What a weirdy!  I'll be sleeping in, and then I plan on making a yummy brunch (blueberry cornbread pancakes, ham, eggs, fruit).
  • Options
    @lmcooper86 - I love the pop of green in your flowers!  So pretty and fresh!
  • Options
    @Imcooper86 your flowers are beautiful! 

@keptinstiches omg. I want a spa day! I am tentatively planning to get a fancy massage on our honeymoon, but FI is weird and does not want to do a couples massage because ... he doesn't like massages. I hope you have a great, relaxing time!

@swazzle free weekends are THE BEST!

@lavendarfields13 have fun ring shopping! When we pass jewelry stores, I still feel like "oh! There's one! let's go in!", even though I"m actually really happy with our rings. I think it was just so enjoyable shopping with FI for things that (I think) are very meaningful. And pretty. 

@labro That festival sounds fantastic! I love pretty birdhouses and wind chimes and flowers! I miss the DC cherry-blossoms. 

We don't really have any plans for this weekend, other than I teach Saturday morning/ afternoon. And I need to get my first day lesson plan DOWN before I have my first day doing the long term sub position on Monday! Nerves have officially begun to set in. Ahhh!

Wedding things:
    I set up a meeting with our photographer to visit our wedding venue and tour the grounds-- yay! She and my venue have been so easy to work with and responsive. 

I'm TRYING to set up a meeting with our florist to finalize things (she was the one who said we should have another meeting), but she's only available Monday-Wednesday (she takes appointments until 6pm.) I live an hour away, two hours with rush hour traffic, so if I get out of school at 4pm, then I suppose I could get there but.... how exhausting on a school night! I'm hoping she goes for the days my mom is available to meet with her (the florist lives where my parents live. And then my mom can call me up/ facetime), but my mom is travelling a LOT in May for work. I do understand that the florist is busy but... ugh. Maybe she'd be open to just plain video chatting? I don't think there's that much to go over, but I would like to meet with her if that's what usually happens. I'm sure it will make me feel better too. 

FI just emailed our DJ to meet (I've asked him a few times and he finally did! Yay FI!). We hired him without meeting, so I feel like this is the most important meeting out of all of them. We REALLY need to start picking out songs we want played! The DJ is not as far away as the florist and his office hours are 4pm-10pm monday-thursday, so that's much more feasible. 

Other than these meetings.... I have to write people's names on the place cards, make a sign that says what drinks are available, and put the m&ms into the little organza bags. I don't think we're doing programs or menus .... I feel like I'm missing something??? My mom keeps saying "find those lists of what to do before the wedding! I bet there's so much left to do!" and I have no idea what she's talking about. 

• Options
    @allusive007 - I hope you have a wonderful time at your baby showers, and please AW some of the gifts so we can "ooh and ahh" over them with you.  :) 
  • Options

I'm so glad the week is over! I do have to work tomorrow morning but only for about 3 hours and none of the co-workers that make working Saturdays really suck are working tomorrow so I'm not too bummed about it.

I have no plans for the weekend. The weather should be nice though so maybe a hike on Sunday.

• Options

@lmcooper86 the flowers are so pretty!

I'm so glad the weekend is finally here! I am exhausted today I didn't sleep well at all last night.  We have a pretty busy weekend but it should be good. Today is H's birthday, so I'm going to see him play hockey tonight and then we will just relax at home.  Tomorrow night we are meeting some of my family for dinner and just relaxing the rest of the day.  No plans on Sunday but I hope we get some pictures hung around the house prepare the entertainment room a bit more now that it's furnished, and on Sunday night GOT!!!!  We are binge watching season 4 again but still have a few more episodes left. 

Anniversary

• Options
    @Swazzle YAY for a relaxing weekend with beautiful weather! I'm glad spring has finally sprung for you guys.

@buddysmom80 Sounds like a really productive weekend! 

@Hummingbird125 RTR has a physical store? Mind = blown. I'm sending all the job vibes to your FI!

@LaBro You can expose your breasts to me anytime ;-) Have fun this weekend! The Dogwood Festival sounds like a lot of fun! Also, I'm glad there was nothing wrong with your A/C!

@TwoDimes Have fun tonight! I love sprawling out on the couch and watching TV shows. Sounds very relaxing! Hopefully Indy will be happy to just cuddle with you :)

@lmcooper86 LOVE your centerpieces! So pretty!

@speakeasy14  I'm so glad you guys are able to paint now! You're in the home stretch! The living room looks great!

@southernpeach89 Ugh, packing is such a pain in the butt. I hope you're able to get a lot done this weekend!

@lavenderfields13 Fingers crossed you guys can find rings and a belt!

@CocoBellaF Have fun tonight! You guys definitely deserve a big celebration. :)

---------------------
    I worked late last night and have a ton of stuff still to do today and Monday. I'll be out of the office for a conference most of next week, so I'm trying to get a bunch of big things done before I go.

I didn't have the best night last night. FI got really annoyed with me... a mutual friend is getting married out of state on Thanksgiving weekend, and we receive their invitation in the mail last night. On top of being sent WAY TOO EARLY, the invitation was riddled with etiquette faux pas, so of course my initial reaction was to go, "OMG HOW TACKY!" and send pics to @audrewuh. FI was really annoyed that my initial reaction was so mean spirited, and he reminded me that regardless of the social decorum they clearly ignored/didn't research, I should be happy that they're getting married instead of poking fun at them. *sigh* I felt really guilty the rest of the night for being such an ass.

Anywho, I'm looking forward to the weekend. We don't have anything planned for tonight, but tomorrow we have cake tastings all day. I can't wait to eat ALL the cake! Saturday night we're having friends over, and then Sunday we need to run errands. At some point tonight we need to seriously clean the apartment since our mothers will be there bright and early in the morning... eek! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @eilis1228 - I am so jealous of the cake tastings.  I need cake, NOW!  I will have to live vicariously through you, I guess!
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Not much on tap this weekend besides dinner with my in-laws. LOTS of cleaning to do, though.

Do you folks ever have trouble doing major spring cleaning because it feels like you have to clean one area to clean another, but you have to clean ANOTHER area to clean THAT one, etc?
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    phira said:

Not much on tap this weekend besides dinner with my in-laws. LOTS of cleaning to do, though.

Do you folks ever have trouble doing major spring cleaning because it feels like you have to clean one area to clean another, but you have to clean ANOTHER area to clean THAT one, etc?
    OMG YES! This is my life's struggle!

• Options
    @phira - I always get confused on which order to vacuum and dust. Like, if I dust first then won't there be dust after I vacuum? But if I vacuum first then stuff could get dusted onto the floors?

• Options
    @twodimes We're getting married Memorial Day weekend, so it's definitely getting close, but it's not THAT close... which is why I feel like I must be forgetting things!
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Swazzle said:

@phira - I always get confused on which order to vacuum and dust. Like, if I dust first then won't there be dust after I vacuum? But if I vacuum first then stuff could get dusted onto the floors?

UGH I know. I tend to vacuum last to get any dust that gets on the floor.

@bethsmiles THE STRUGGLE IS REAL
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @Phira @bethsmiles YES. Our 1 bedroom apartment isn't a shoebox, but it's pretty small for a girl who has a TON of art stuff (books, materials, finished works...)! We have piles of things and ahhhhhh! we need to organize and clean. Oy. I'm so intimidated! But sometimes I think "Jeez. This is what hoarders live like" 

I'M COMING FOR YOU PILES!  (....at the end of June. And August)
  • Options
    eilis1228 what is with people sending invitations way too early!? I've had that same reaction to each of the ridiculous invitations we've received (the latest being a 2 year vow renewal in October). 

• Options
    @speakeasy14 I definitely sent our inviations out about 3 weeks too early! We ordered them at the beginning of March and got them pretty quickly (a week or two quicker than expected.) Our hotel was going to release our rooms/ special rate on March 21st.... so we just sent them out right away, with an April 20th RSVP date (our venue needs numbers 3 weeks out, so that gives us 2 weeks to wrangle recalcitrant RSVPers). And I didn't even THINK about it! My mom said "DO it! And do the RSVP on this day!" and I just listened without thinking. 

I realized afterwards... OMG. I've been on the knot for over a year, and I just sent our invitations 11/12  weeks out from the wedding! 

We're not B-listing. We just weren't thinking. But I hope people took advantage of it and snapped up rooms from the Hotel block! 

So.... maybe that helps with some of the thinking behind the "sending invites early" epidemic? AKA, not thinking/ hotel blocks closing/ yay the invitations are here early! Let's send em!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards