Chit Chat

Happy Monday

Good morning! I'm up absurdly early for no good reason, so might as well start the Monday thread. How is everybody's Monday going? How was your weekend?

This was a rough weekend for us as far as wedding drama goes. I spent most of the weekend really, really angry. In a nutshell, FPILs decided to scratch the rehearsal dinner they committed to a year ago, and communicated the situation to us about as poorly as possible. I think we are moving to Plan B and it will be okay but I am still very upset with the way they handled the whole thing. But I decided to self-medicate by buying a package at my favorite fancy bar studio! So I get to have some retail therapy without buying any more clutter, and do something healthy to burn off my rage-energy. So I'm really looking forward to my barre classes in the mornings this week.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: Happy Monday

• My weekend was fun! My best friend and her husband came over. The dudes watched TV all weekend and my friend and I did crafts and went shopping for 90 billion hours. I didn't sleep at all last night though.

Does FPILs stand for Future Painintheass in Laws? What's plan B? I bet it's better than plan A anyway.

;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    larrygaga said:

My weekend was fun! My best friend and her husband came over. The dudes watched TV all weekend and my friend and I did crafts and went shopping for 90 billion hours. I didn't sleep at all last night though.

Does FPILs stand for Future Painintheass in Laws? What's plan B? I bet it's better than plan A anyway.

;)
    I think I'm going to make an E post about this, but plan b could be either a dinner for immediate family only, or Fi and I will do a totally NWR dinner with my mom and Nana (it's her 75th bday) and then come back to the hotel bar after dinner and sit there and buy drinks for anybody who shows up. Need to figure out the details and whether FPILs still want any involvement at all.

ETA: this is really a welcome dinner. No rehearsal will take place.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ugh.  That sounds wretched.  What's plan B?

My Monday is going good so far.  I got up and exercised.  Which I haven't actively done since February 2014.
    Was getting around for work and notice a flippen spider on the bathroom cabinet.  Freaked out because I was stark naked and barefoot when I spotted it and have no idea how long it had been there.

Weekend was decent.  I didn't get the housework done like I wanted to.  Spent WAY too much money at a moving sale, buying clothes, and JoAnn Fabrics in general.

I started working on the next door neighbors side garden so that I could make it look pretty.  Just raking the leaves out and starting to pull the vines away from the wall already makes it look better.
    I snapped my rake in half so I had to stop, but maybe I'll work on it more when I get home from work.
    Anniversary

• I'm sorry JC. That sucks that they backed out and handled it so poorly. 

Friday night, H and I were both asleep by 8pm. We didn't even have dinner. Just assed out. I guess we both needed to catch up on sleep. 

Saturday I did some much needed shopping. Got some really cute stuff at J Crew, Banana and Express. They were having really good sales. 

Saturday night we went out to our favorite sushi/hibachi place to celebrate two of our friend's 40th birthdays. 

I'm now on Day 2 of my sake hangover. So yeah, Sunday was not productive at all. 
  • That sucks! Hope that plan B works out.

Just got into work so I'm slowly working my way to being productive. FI is out of town until tomorrow for work and last night I slept pretty poorly. Not unconvinced the two are related. The weekend was good though. Nothing too exciting, just hanging out and watching lots of Breaking Bad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    This weekend was wonderful! On Saturday FI and I went for a long walk on the Beltline, stopped by the Dogwood Festival to see the artist market, and discovered a new favorite place for brunch. It was so nice to just unplug and not worry about wedding stuff for a few hours.

Later that afternoon I picked up my wedding dress and then stopped by FI's place. He threw out his back again and still won't go to the doctor :(

ETA: This is so funny I just really feel the need to share it. FI saw the inside of my makeup cabinet for the first time this weekend. He picked up my pink beauty blender sponge and looked at it all wide-eyed and then asked, "is this a butt plug?" Oh silly FI...what am I going to do with him?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My weekend was relaxing.  The weather was gorgeous so FI and I took the dog for a long walk on Saturday, and we went for a run on Sunday (warming up for the 5k we have this upcoming weekend).

Also, no school today (not sure why) so it's a second Sunday for me- woohoo!!!  I do have school stuff to take care of, and a couple of other errands, but mostly more relaxing and beautiful weather.  I may also order our invites, though there's no rush and it makes me a bit nervous to actually order them so I may put that off.
  • That really sucks they are backing out, but I think your plan B sounds good! Still added stress which is never fun. 

My weekend was good. I had my first shower, which was so much fun! AND I've already written and mailed all my thank you notes so I'm feeling pretty accomplished. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our weekend went well! Friday night, DH and and got wings with SIL and BIL. We were asleep by 1030.

Saturday, DH worked in the morning but was home by 10. We went and looked at the course he is accepting the job for and it is so nice! It's super private and absolutely gorgeous. Then we decided we wanted ot play a round of golf so drove to his current course and played the back nine. After that, we went and got burgers.

Sunday, we just cleaned up the house. I finally found a good toilet cleaner that gets ride of the rust stains from hard water. I made buffalo chicken dip and chicken salad sliders for DH and myself and a friend. Then we got to watch the Masters and see Jordan Spieth kill it.

• I had a great weekend, woo hoo! Friday I took off work and went to lunch with my mom, FI and brother and we picked out tuxes. Friday night we hosted a dinner party for friends at our house which was a lot of fun. Saturday was mostly relaxing and then I went out with a friend who was in from out of town. Yesterday I went shopping for a bridal shower gift for my BFF and then went to dinner and Trader Joe's with some friends.

Currently, Monday sucks. We got a new boss at work and less than a week after she started she's already making big changes that the rest of us are not huge fans of. Boo.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh for late plan changes!  Hopefully your plan B goes on without a hitch. 

Weekend was good - finished up my last details for this weekend.  FI didn't have to work nearly as much as he thought he would so that was nice. 

We finally laid the law down on FSS - he was pretty much telling us "fuck you" on the house rules of his girlfriend not sleeping over in his room after we'd made it clear that that's not how it's gonna be at our house.  His plans now are that he's going to move out on his own with her and his friends in 2 months (Army movers are coming the end of June to pack us up and they'll pack his stuff if it's not out of the house before they come), yet he's got a whopping $150 to his name currently.  I guess we all had to learn the hard way about how to move out and get things going - I actually think him moving out is going to be good for him and his dad. 

Dropped my dress off at the dry cleaners this morning to get it steamed - it's getting so close now! 

• Oh no, that really sucks! I'm sure your plan B will work out just fine.

My weekend was great, a bunch of people came over to watch the hockey game Saturday and our team made it to the playoffs, woot!

Then Sunday we were super productive- we finally went and bought some awesome patio furniture. I can't wait to sit on the balcony with some wine and a book all summer long, it will be so glorious.

Formerly martha1818

• Weird similarities between my and some of your weekends. @climbingwife, I too am battling a two-day hangover after going to a charity event on Saturday night. The struggle is real. I also saw a giant spider in my bathroom yesterday @paperpusher. Had to scream for FI to come in and kill it because I don't handle bugs well.

Friday night was spent calligraphing envelopes for our invitations. I'm about halfway done and they look awesome!... but I'm pretty sick of doing it. 
  • Weird similarities between my and some of your weekends. @climbingwife, I too am battling a two-day hangover after going to a charity event on Saturday night. The struggle is real. I also saw a giant spider in my bathroom yesterday @paperpusher. Had to scream for FI to come in and kill it because I don't handle bugs well.

Friday night was spent calligraphing envelopes for our invitations. I'm about halfway done and they look awesome!... but I'm pretty sick of doing it. 
    Ugh. I hope you're feeling better soon. All I want to do today and eat junk food and nap. 
  • Ugh.  That sounds wretched.  What's plan B?

My Monday is going good so far.  I got up and exercised.  Which I haven't actively done since February 2014.
    Was getting around for work and notice a flippen spider on the bathroom cabinet.  Freaked out because I was stark naked and barefoot when I spotted it and have no idea how long it had been there.

Weekend was decent.  I didn't get the housework done like I wanted to.  Spent WAY too much money at a moving sale, buying clothes, and JoAnn Fabrics in general.

I started working on the next door neighbors side garden so that I could make it look pretty.  Just raking the leaves out and starting to pull the vines away from the wall already makes it look better.
    I snapped my rake in half so I had to stop, but maybe I'll work on it more when I get home from work.

bllllarrrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!  Naked and barefoot with a spider is the WORST.  Shudder.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• That sucks @JCBride2015... Are they usually flaky or do you think maybe they finally ACTUALLY considered whether or not they can really afford a big dinner?

It's good that the RD isn't a requirement though, so especially if they're just flaky, I would prefer to do something that they aren't invited to like just taking your family out.

I had my first fitting this weekend, and I couldn't believe how well the dress fit!  I only needed the bust taken in, cups put in and the bustle.  No hem!  I'm only 5'4" and will be wearing flats!

I also asked them to recreate a ruched tulle belt I saw on another dress while I was shopping.

They brought me the invoice for the alterations and I just about died - $469 plus $300 plus materials for the belt!

So I waited for an accessories appointment and they didn't have any belts I liked either - - but she brought one over that was $2800.  WTF????

I ended up buying a sample veil that I have to glue some beads onto because apparently 2.5 months out is WAY TOO LATE to order accessories.  I mean I just got the dress!

Saturday FI went to a game tournament thing 3 hrs away so I slept in and didn't do much all day.

Yesterday I went to Michaels and found a marker to write on those darn shimmer invitation envelopes.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Oh and the bad stuff - I went and waited almost 3 hours at urgent care to get the stitches out of my finger (which were driving me insane) and when I finally saw the doctor he said they had to stay in 2 more days at least!  So I'm going to attempt to take them out myself - 7 hrs in urgent care in the last week is already unacceptable!

Last night when I let the dogs out I glanced in the mailbox and saw a CREATURE!  I guess it was a bird, it looks like it built a nest in there, but it made my skin crawl all night knowing it was right outside the door.  What if it got in the house??  Thank god it was gone this morning!!image

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I planted a garden, got called the Bob Ross of gardening, and had sushi yesterday. It was a good Sunday.

Today it's raining. My seeds are getting well watered in, which hopefully means they will be happy little plants! Unfortunately I am worried because it's supposed to rain all day today and all day tomorrow, and I don't want them to get washed out.

Also, I have to work. When I'm president, rainy Mondays will be against the law.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I planted a garden, got called the Bob Ross of gardening, and had sushi yesterday. It was a good Sunday.

Today it's raining. My seeds are getting well watered in, which hopefully means they will be happy little plants! Unfortunately I am worried because it's supposed to rain all day today and all day tomorrow, and I don't want them to get washed out.

Also, I have to work. When I'm president, rainy Mondays will be against the law.
    You have my vote! It's suppose to rain every day this week. Yuck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • littlepep said:

I planted a garden, got called the Bob Ross of gardening, and had sushi yesterday. It was a good Sunday.

You have my vote! It's suppose to rain every day this week. Yuck.
    I just checked the weather because I could at least say we'd be done Tuesday.

Nope. Apparently I won't see sunshine until NEXT TUESDAY. No fair!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • My weekend was really good. Saturday FI had his bachelor party and I had a shower. Then I went to hang with my best friends and pack my apartment. We watched 90's movies (thanks to that thread. I love the First Wives Club!)

Yesterday FI wasn't too hung over so we did errands. Then my MOH and I went shopping for wedding day stuff. I still don't really have jewelry... so I better get on that! I also tried on my dress :) My seamstress finished moving the straps for me and it's so gorgeous! I'm so excited.

Today FI and I need to figure out what shirt he's wearing and tell his groomsmen so they can pick a shirt too. 
  • Wow, I'm so sorry JC. That was really crappy of them. Why couldn't they tell you guys sooner?!

My weekend was good. Friday night FI and I went on a double date with MOH and her bf. We went to a lounge for some Old Fashioned's, and then went to a Spanish restaurant for dinner.

Saturday, FI and I went for a run/bike ride (run for me), but my knee started acting up and I couldn't finish the stretch. I hope I didn't somehow injure it.

And yesterday we went on our cupcake tasting! It was sooooooo yummy. We were immediately sold on them, so now we just have to finalize the flavors.

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:

Wow, I'm so sorry JC. That was really crappy of them. Why couldn't they tell you guys sooner?!

My weekend was good. Friday night FI and I went on a double date with MOH and her bf. We went to a lounge for some Old Fashioned's, and then went to a Spanish restaurant for dinner.

Saturday, FI and I went for a run/bike ride (run for me), but my knee started acting up and I couldn't finish the stretch. I hope I didn't somehow injure it.

And yesterday we went on our cupcake tasting! It was sooooooo yummy. We were immediately sold on them, so now we just have to finalize the flavors.

Oh yes! I remember you mentioning that. Tell us about the flavors! I want live vicariously/drool on my keyboard. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That blows, JC..  ANd I just looked at your ticker - wow, I didn't realize your wedding was so soon!

Our weekend was good, but busy.  My Godmother and I co-hosted my sister's baby shower, which was game-free and very nice.  My parents were in town for the shower, so it was nice to have my whole family together (which doesn't happen very often)
  • pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    littlepep said:

pinkcow13 said:

Wow, I'm so sorry JC. That was really crappy of them. Why couldn't they tell you guys sooner?!

Oh yes! I remember you mentioning that. Tell us about the flavors! I want live vicariously/drool on my keyboard. 
    First of all, I was expecting to taste mini cupcakes, but no. She basically told us to pick out any and all the cupcakes we wanted to taste. This place specializes in "filled" cupcakes, and only the regular cupcakes are available in mini for tasting. So we had:

Creme Brulee - It has a hard sugar crust with vanilla bean filling.
    Cake Batter - Filled with cake batter
    Cookies and Cream - Cookies and Cream filling, with a small cookie on top
    Cookie Monster - I think it had a cookie dough filling with vanilla cream frosting
    Salted Caramel Buttercream - I think the filling was buttercream.
    Flourless Molten Chocolate cake - It was filled with I think some sort of caramel filling? And the frosting was so airy... I think it was some sort of vanilla. 
    Peanut Butter Nutella - Nutella filling and Nutella frosting.
    And we tasted a classic vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting.The ones listed above also had some other stuff in them but I cannot remember the details, and the frostings were all different. 

They were all SO AMAZING. We ended up having to take a bunch home. I will be going to the gym for about 2 hours today to work off all that deliciousness!

They were all AMAZING
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Had a great but exhausting weekend.

I took Friday off work and we hopped in the car first thing in the morning and drove the 8 hours to my hometown (where we are getting married). FI's parents drove up from where they live and his brothers also flew in.

Saturday morning, along with my parents, we met up with FI entire family for breakfast. Our families have only ever all got together once before so it was really nice to just all hang out. Then we went suit shopping for the guys. We decided to purchase suits for the guys as their presents for being in the wedding party. Both FI's brother and his BM (who sadly couldnt make it) have always expressed that they wished they could afford to buy themselves a nice suit. So we surprised them at the suit store and told them we weren't renting but that we were buying them all a suit.

After a couple hours (and a painful amount of money! Thank goodness for 2 for 1 sales) we had the guys all outfitted in some damn spiffy looking suits. 

My FI looked so damn good I almost got emotional picturing him on our wedding day.

We then just did a bit of running around before everyone heading back to my parents house where my brother surprised my FI with an impromtu guys night out/bachelor party. So while the guys went out to the pub for wings and beer, my mum, FMIL and my SIL hung out and i got to play with my nephew. 

And then Sunday FI and I drove the 8 hours home.

Oh. I also tried on my dress and pranced around my mothers house.
  • pinkcow13 said:

littlepep said:

pinkcow13 said:

First of all, I was expecting to taste mini cupcakes, but no. She basically told us to pick out any and all the cupcakes we wanted to taste. This place specializes in "filled" cupcakes, and only the regular cupcakes are available in mini for tasting. So we had:

Cookie Monster - I think it had a cookie dough filling with vanilla cream frosting
    Flourless Molten Chocolate cake - It was filled with I think some sort of caramel filling? And the frosting was so airy... I think it was some sort of vanilla. 
    And we tasted a classic vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting.The ones listed above also had some other stuff in them but I cannot remember the details, and the frostings were all different. 

They were all SO AMAZING. We ended up having to take a bunch home. I will be going to the gym for about 2 hours today to work off all that deliciousness!

They were all AMAZING
    Oh my gosh. They sound and look amazing! How will you even choose??? I'm a sucker for chocolate and caramel so that one sounds wonderful to me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • littlepep said:

pinkcow13 said:

littlepep said:

pinkcow13 said:

They were all AMAZING
    Oh my gosh. They sound and look amazing! How will you even choose??? I'm a sucker for chocolate and caramel so that one sounds wonderful to me!
    We are definitely gonna do some sort of assortment. We may do them all! The Creme Brulee one was SO amazing. Ugh, they all were!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:

littlepep said:

pinkcow13 said:

littlepep said:

pinkcow13 said:

They were all AMAZING
    We are definitely gonna do some sort of assortment. We may do them all! The Creme Brulee one was SO amazing. Ugh, they all were!
    I am assuming this place is somewhere in the city? Meaning I need their info because that Creme Brulee sounds amazing!
  • The weather was incredible here this weekend so I wanted to just be outside All The Time. H went out with a friend on Friday night for dinner, so I got home about 5 and immediately put on sweat pants and watched the crap TV H hates (Nashville, anyone?).

Woke up on Saturday and walked around town for a couple hours- we just moved in February and Saturday was the first day we had no other commitments or errands to run, so it was fun to explore our new town. Laundry Saturday night.

Sunday, I met friends for brunch and shopping in the West Village.

I am just so happy to be outside again.

JC- I am sorry about your dinner! That sucks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards