Not Engaged Yet

Fitness Check-In -- Week of April 13th

Morning! 

I got up and did a very half-assed work out this morning. I wasn't really feeling it, honestly. But at least it was something and I'm planning on doing yoga when I get home from work tonight. 

I think I need to skip up to week 2 on 30DS. I've done week 1 SO MANY times in the past that I could literally lead a class on it. I think that's what my major problem was this morning (I was really bored and uninspired) so I might bump up tomorrow and hopefully that'll help! 

Re: Fitness Check-In -- Week of April 13th

• edited April 2015
    Good morning!

I'm feeling like shit today because I ate too much this weekend. I'm not going beat myself up over it because I eat well 95% of the time, but I need to recognize that I always end up regretting it the next day because my stomach hurts :-( 

Anyways. I basically took the weekend off from exercising, other than walking over 15k steps on Saturday. I'm back on track and going HARD today. I plan to get in four really tough workouts this week, and eat super healthily. I bought stuff to make salads for lunch every day this week, instead of eating soups or frozen meals, so I'm excited about my food too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This weekend wasn't too bad for me.  I didn't get a work out in on Saturday because a migraine slammed me in the evening, but I was walking around all day and even up and down a ladder trying to hang some curtains.

Yesterday I ate pretty healthy and did PiYo Buns.

I didn't get enough sleep last night (something about Sunday nights!) so my main goal today is not to snack on carbs to stay awake.  I had a good, hot breakfast this morning that should keep me going until lunch.  I brought baby carrots and sugar snap peas to snack on if I really need something.  PiYo Lower Body tonight, and if it stops raining I'll do a quick run.  If it continues to rain, I'll tag on Upper Body with my work out.
  • I had a decent weekend. Friday I did a really hard workout on the treadmill with a walk/climb. For dinner we didn't have much in the house so I made eggs and toast with peanut butter. Saturday I woke up and asked BF if he wanted to walk to downtown Saint Paul and back (about 9 miles roundtrip) and he said OK so we got dressed, walked down, had lunch at a pub and walked home. I ordered fries with my gyro and ended up only eating a few because they were served cold. I was disappointed but maybe it was sign....On our way back we stopped by a donut shop to treat ourslves and they were already sold out and closed. Another sign? We were tired and a bit stiff but we did it so I rewarded myself with 3 beers instead. :/

For dinner we had brown rice and chicken cilantro wontons (very tasty from Trader Joe's and super low calorie if you have one near you). Sunday we took a rest day and did our grocery shopping. Later I got bored so we walked aroud the corner and got some sparkling juice from Caribou with the dog. For dinner we had mahi mahi tacos with avocado cilantro dressing and an apple slaw. The dressing turned out way too salty but the rest was good.

Today I will work out when we get home but I am still a little stiff so maybe just the countdown workout.

So last night I realized the app I use to count my calories has a scanner on it so I can just scan my bar code and it will automatically enter the nutrition. I have been using this app on and off for about 3 years. The award for attention to detail clearly goes to me....Augh, so much time spent...

@swazzle half assed is better than not trying at all!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers'> 
  • Had my weekend "off" - got another nutrisystem kit from walmart and H had me order the super-expensive month supply to help me out.

I didn't eat too real bad, just a lot of salt yesterday so now I feel a little 'bloaty'
    <<yes - Rory Gilmore taught me that there is no bloaty, there is bloated and bloating, but no bloaty  :) >>

Anniversary
  • I had an ok weekend. I walked a ton on Saturday because I had to go down into DC to pick up my race packet.

Yesterday, I ran a 10 mile race (well, 9.5 miles... they had to re-route part of it because of an accident). I weighed myself today and I'm up another 1.8 pounds from two weeks ago. I want to cry. I hate that I have had to take so much time off from working out, and that while I was on that hiatus, I didn't eat better, or find some other way to keep from gaining back 9 lbs. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I reaaaallllyyyy need to get the ball rolling on this new healthy lifestyle I'm imagining for myself lol. I ate SO MUCH CRAP on vacation it is really unbelievable. Fried seafood GALORE and pretty much no green stuff lol. I have no money right now so the gym thing is on hold until Friday, but at LEAST I can try to consume some veggies today and tons and tons of water right? RIGHT??
  • I had a relatively active weekend, but it was just a lot of running errands (and walking everywhere). Last night and today though I have some sort of stomach bug, so I am taking it very easy and only eating bland things that won't make me sick. I have a very low appetite right now too. 

• TUESDAY, APRIL 14TH CHECK IN

I didn't do yoga when I got home from work yesterday like I planned. H went to hockey so I made tuna for dinner and then ate too many cheddar cracker bunny things. 

This morning I started level 2 of 30DS and omg I thought my limbs were going to fall off. My arms are already sore so I can only imagine how they'll feel tomorrow! Going to stay within my daily points and I'm aiming for 7 (16oz) cups of water while I'm at work. 

• Tuesday 4/14/2015 check in!

How did everybody do on Monday??

I did not do as well as one would have hoped.  I didn't work out last night and I was hungry.  I ate all my NS (nutrisystem) food and then had quite a few cheats because I felt hungry and I wanted sweets.  I don't even remember what 'cheats' I had at this point so I cannot log them and see where I ended up for the day.

Anniversary
  • edited April 2015
    good morning!

I'm SORE from working out yesterday for the first time in a while. I did my usual 35 min on the elliptical first, and then I got on that slanty sideways thing that you can work out your abs on, and I worked out my obliques. I also did 40 crunches when I got home, and a ton of squats, AND a ten minute arm workout. My shoulders and thighs are dead.

I did fine with eating yesterday and am eating exactly the same meals today, so it will be easy to stay on-track. My apartment is a MESS though, and I really need to clean it, so I may just go for a run with FI instead of going to the gym, but we'll see how the weather looks later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2015

Yesterday/last
    night was really rough!! I have been feeling a little "off" (maybe
    effects of the PT?) and had no energy or desire to
    cook. H suggested pizza, but I told him to get me a big salad
    with some protein... so he got himself one, too! He still ordered a
    small thin crust veggie pizza, but I only had one slice. That is a
    serious challenge for me! I still did PiYo Sweat and really pushed
    through... and rewarded myself with a hot epsom salt bath and a new
    book.

One day at a time, right?? I've got chicken marinating in
    the fridge for H to grill when he gets home. Not going to make
    the same mistake again of forgetting to prep dinner.

I packed a ton of healthy food choices.  I have a breakfast shake this morning, and I added 1/2 avocado for staying power.  I have sugar snap peas and the other 1/2 avocado for a snack, and a big salad with shredded chicken and some plantain chips with fresh salsa for lunch with melon for dessert.  I want to try and do my run tonight if it's not raining, plus PiYo Lower Body.  If it's raining I'll do Lower Body plus Upper Body.  Dinner is Honey Porter marinated b/s chicken thighs, baked yukon potatoes, zoodles, and fresh pineapple.  I've got this.

• I did great with food yesterday until Dinner. BF has been on a pork chop kick lately so it's typically our Monday night meal now. I am not huge fan but he likes it. I measured my ounces out and 4 ounces of cooked pork is TINY! For sides we had mushroom and onions and a baked pototato. It was a super filling dinner though and I was still within my calories but I am just not a fan of pork outside of bacon. BF liked it a lot.

I was still a tad sore from our 9 mile walk on Saturday so I opted for the countdown workout when I got home but I am leary if the calorie count is right on it. I try not to count the calories in my food intake when I do this workout for that reason. I went just a tad over what my normal calories would be because BF only left crumbs in the corn chip bag so I HAD to finish them, right? There went 70 calories...This was after a cut up banana with chocolate syrup.....So....yea. Not a good night. But BF and I have this terrible habit of having saltines or some sort of snack in bed while watching TV at about 9 or so and I told him last night I need to stop that and have my snack by 8 pm (we eat by 5 pm most nights because I get done with work early). We went to bed and I was waiting for BF to bring in his usual treat and tempt me but he didn't have any so neither did I so that was good!

Today I had my usual granola and for lunch I have a turkey sandwich with an orange and a yogurt if I get hungry later. Tonight's dinner is BLT's but mine will either be open face or lettuce wrapped with center cut bacon instead of regular bacon.

Everyone is doing so awesome! GREAT JOB! @swazzle That is a lot of water! Good for you!

• WEDNESDAY, APRIL 15 CHECK-IN

Good morning!

I did 30DS L2D2 this morning. I ran out of time (which is my own fault) so I didn't do the last 2 minutes of cardio or the last 1 minute of abs. I am pretty sore from yesterday! My butt, back, abs, and shoulders are the worst. So many planks in this level! 

Last night for dinner, H and I made SkinnyTaste Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken. I heated up some black beans and corn, chopped tomatoes and iceberg lettuce, and made my world famous guac. I had a burrito bowl with all of that plus a little Mexican cheese and H had his as tacos with cheese and sour cream. This is hands down one of my favorite meals ever. It was so easy and delicious and versatile. I set it up on the dinner table kind of as a buffet so we could each help ourselves however we wanted. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

I have a Kind +Protein Bar and coffee for breakfast, leftover dinner for lunch, a hard-boiled egg and a banana with PB2 for snacks, and for dinner I'm making SkinnyTaste skillet steak with onions and mushrooms with SkinnyTaste Massaged Raw Kale Salad (2 of my other favorite recipes!). 

Planning on over 100oz of water again today! 

Have a great day, ladies!

• Good morning all!!!

I have NOT been able to get any exercise in what so ever (besides running to the bathroom from all this water I've been drinking)!  Work has been so busy (which is why I haven't been posting much).

Today I have with me:
    Breakfast:  NS granola cereal
    Lunch:  NS Tuna Salad - I'll mix this with a regular salad
    Dinner:  NS Pizza - either salad or steamed broccoli for my veggies
    Dessert:  either a NS carrot cake OR NS oatmeal raisin cookie
    Snacks:  hard boiled egg, yogurt, string cheese, baby carrots, banana

I feel like I get a lot of food but I still feel so very hungry.  I think my portions were just that out of control.  Right now I'm eating 1200-1500 calories.

I have to look at the weather for the week - but I need to wash the bikes, re-lube the chains and pump up the tires to get them ready for cycling season.  I'm hoping I can maybe do this tonight so they're ready to go this weekend.

Anniversary
  • good morning!!

Well, on Monday I started doing 10 squats each time I went to the bathroom. First of all, I pee a LOT. Second of all, walking hurts today. 

Today I'm going to the again gym after work (trying really hard to go at least 4 days in a row!), and will do both cardio and an arm workout, plus something for my abs. 

Diet-wise, I'm going to get Subway for lunch today and will have a salad for dinner (with chicken, black beans, corn, peppers, onions, cheddar cheese, and light ranch dressing). My snack all week has been an apple with 2 tbs. of PB, so I'll probably just stick with that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning!  I love doing burrito bowls, too, @Swazzle!  Yours sound really yummy.

Yesterday was a pretty good day for me.  I didn't eat any junk except for 2 Ferrero Rochers after dinner.  I did my work out (PiYo Lower Body and Upper Body, so about 40-45 min).

I've got good food planned for today.  That's my biggest obstacle, is making sure I have my food ready for when hanger strikes.  Breakfast is a shake plus I heated up 2 Applegate breakfast sausage links at home.  I had the chicken sage links and they are faaaaaabulous.  I just discovered these at Sprouts last week in the freezer section.  H loves them, too.  Anyway, lunch is a Honey Porter chicken thigh, some zoodles, an extra-small baked red potato, and 1/2 avocado with sugar snap peas.  And some pineapple.  Dinner will be spaghetti with meat sauce and an Italian tomato-cuke salad.  Can't wait! 

Today is my rest day, so no work out...  but instead of making my coffee at home, I got some at work.  It's a 1/2 mile round trip walk, and I got plain coffee, so I gained some extra steps since I don't have a work out.  Had to pay $1.94, but oh well.

Tomorrow is PiYo Sweat and I can't wait!!!
  • Last night was better than the night before. My geriatric dog (in my profile pic) heard us say walk and went to the door. She will be 13 this year and can't do the distance she used to so we took her around the block and for fun calculated the walk on mapwalk. We burned a whole 36 calories walking our grandma girl! Then we took her home and went for 3 miles on our own.

We had BLT'S for dinner with beans and a banana with graham cracker crumbs and chocolate sauce for dessert. I was under my calories for the day ( I have to save some for an event that is serving dinner on Thursday night). BF has been super supportive, even looked at the different brands of bacon and beans to see which one would be lowest in calorie and got the smallest can of beans instead of the 24 oz one. I noticed he is even being more conscious of his food decisions. He only had 3 BLT's last night (normally he would have 4 or 5 and polish off the rest of the 24 oz can of beans).

Today I brought leftover tomatoes and an avocado for lunch with a laughing cow wedge and an orange. I completely blanked this morning and didn't think about dinner so nothing is out thawing. I guess I will get creative with the leftover bacon (yes, for the very first time, we had leftover bacon as well!) Depending on how much I burn on my workout tonight I am thinking maybe a pasta with olive oil, spinach and bacon bits? I will have to think about this one...

@swazzle those dinners sound delicious! I also wish I could work out in the morning. I don't think I have ever succeeded in that, good for you!

Great job everyone!!

• @Lovestodream - 4 or 5 full sandwiches?!?!? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @hummingbird125 YES! He is 6'2" and when we met he used to make an entire box of pasta for himself and top it with tuna, salt and pepper and eat the whole thing. If I had to guess, I would say BF consumes at least 3500 calories per day and stays trim!
  • Sigh... I posted on the wrong thread earlier.

Here is my copy and paste update:

Blech... I've been MIA again due to the most stressful week of my entire
    life.  You can imagine what the stress did to my working out and
    eating.  Plus yesterday was my daughter's birthday so we had cake and
    what not.

Fresh start today.  I really need someone to just come to my house and make me workout. 
  • This week is a total failure fitness-wise since I've either worked 12-hour days or been traveling. Luckily this conference is in a walking city, so I've walked everywhere. There's free candy in my hotel room that is replenished daily, so....yeah... my meals have been fine, but that candy is irresistible. I'll be better this weekend when I'm home and can control my meals and workout again.

• Thursday morning check-in!

Rest day yesterday.  Didn't do as well on my food intake.  Calling about getting my blood tested in early May.  I am feeling so off, and I want to make sure it's not my thyroid levels after having my PT.

Today is PiYo Sweat.  I love this one!  It is such a great work out, and right at 30 minutes.

Food for today:  H cooked breakfast, so I had 2 eggs, 1 piece of WW cinnamon-raisin toast with whipped butter, and 2 little Applegate breakfast links.  And coffee.  Lunch is WW spaghetti with meat sauce and a ton of sugar snap peas, plus some pineapple.  For dinner I'm making homemade pizza with a beer crust and sausage, fresh mozzarella, arugula, pesto, and then a salad.  Not the healthiest but I really want to try this pizza crust recipe!
  • I did not get up and work out this morning because I had 1 glass of wine too many last night and it just wasn't happening. I WILL be getting something in when I get home from work tonight though!

• Hello all!

Yesterday I got home from work and didn't feel like dragging the bikes out and finding all my gear/chain cleaning supplies and greases, so I cleaned up around the house a little and got the garbage out to the tree-lawn (which I normally do on Thursday morning in a 'Oh-crap, it's garbage day' manner).

Food yesterday was good - I finally don't always feel like I'm starving!
    Today my food diary will look like:
    Breakfast:  NS Bagel
    Snack:  Greek Whipped Yogurt, baby carrots
    Lunch:  NS lunch-bar, salad, hard boiled egg
    Snack:  Celery w/salsa, string cheese
    Dinner:  NS Lasagna, some other veggies - maybe green beans?
    Dessert: NS oatmeal raisin cookie

If I stick to my plan calorie count for the day will be around 1300.

Anniversary
  • hahaha, so much for "I'm going to make it to the gym four days in a row!"

It took me an hour to get home from work yesterday and then I needed to go shopping because I had no sandals or sunglasses. That, of course, took longer than anticipated. I then met FI at the tennis courts, but he brought our pup and one of the courts was occupied, meaning we couldn't just let her run around while we played. At that point it was already past 6pm, I was starving, and I also wanted to go tanning, so I said screw it. On the positive side, I let FI take my car home and I walked to the tanning place and then jogged home, so at least I did SOMETHING. I also stayed within my calorie goals for the day.

Today I either will make it to the gym or play tennis with FI. I'm having a salad for lunch, but my dinner plan was....also salad. I'll need to figure out something better for dinner - maybe veggie quesadillas?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yesterday was OK, I realized I only brought fruit for lunch, an avocado, tomato and an orange but it filled me up. For dinner we ended up having lemon garlic pasta since we don't have much in the house. I ended up oversalting it, I have no idea how, and I couldn't eat it. So I had some shrimp with cocktail sauce.

I had a good workout with interval climbs and speeds on the treadmill. For a snack, I had crackers with brie cheese. I was within my calories for the day and a couple hundred under from the workout. I was saving these calories for tonight's award ceremony. However, I just found out they are not serving dinner, just hors d'oeuvres. Odd considering it is an event from 5:30-7:30. So I guess I will have to figure out someting quick before I go.

For lunch I am having a boca burger with an english muffin and avocado with an orange. Usual granola for breakfast with almond milk.

I just heard about PB2 and how it has much fewer calories than peanut butter. I love peanut butter but rarely indulge. Has anyone tried it? Does it taste the same? Thanks for the info!

• @Loves2Dream - I just bought and tried it for the first time recently! It doesn't taste exactly like regular PB but it's pretty close and it's really good! I'm on WW and it's only 1 point (and 45 calories) for 2 tbsps vs 4 pts for regular PB. They have a chocolate variety that I really want to get next! 

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

Ugh...this week. I haven't done terrible but my diet's been all over the place. One day I'm way to high, the next way too low. It's awful and I know it's unhealthy so I need to get it under control like yesterday. Gym-wise it's been alright. My new trainer is fantastic! I really enjoy my sessions with him and it makes me sad that I only have two months left. I'll never be able to find it in my budget to continue my sessions longer than that but he makes me wish I could. I'm so disappointed I didn't get set up with him 6 months ago! Saturday I move to my new place which is literally across the street from my gym and right next door to my work. I'm hoping this will give me motivation to go more often since I don't have to drive there and it's so close.

• CocoBellaF That pizza sounds amazing!

Yesterday was a joke in the eating department. I feel like I ate ALL. DAY. LONG

Then of course I ate leftover birthday cake and ice cream with the kids.  Not good.  And to top it off I didn't workout.  Go me! 

Today is going to be a better day!  I am going to go workout right now! Seriously if I don't report back that I worked out today then I may be a lost cause. Funny, since I am the one that suggested this whole thing.  ::::::::Hanging head in shame::::::::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards