Chit Chat

Lurker

I've been lurking on these boards for a year plus, and in this time I've come to have two many observations/questions. 

First, I've noticed that many people on these boards seem to really enjoy taking their anger out on women who come looking for help and advice.  You really seem to find enjoyment out of mocking these women, and in general, acting like grown versions of up mean girls.  I've also noticed that many of the regular commenters have terrible relationships with either a sister or brother, or a parent.  Is this a coincidence?  I don't think so.  Additionally, I'm guessing based on the frequency of many of your posts here, you don't have many real life friends.

Second, I'm a little perplexed about why people on these boards actually take the advice here seriously, simply based on who is giving the advice.  So many of you have such messed up lives and priorities that I am a little unsure what qualifies you to give life advice to others.  For example, one regular seems to love giving snarky advice to others, yet from what I can tell her own life is completely and totally hopeless.  From what I can tell, this married a total loser, who doesn't like her children from a previous relationship (or marriage, I'm not sure), and spends what little money they have on drugs.  Good life choice!  Yet, this regular is out there doling out advice to others and apparently taking her anger (which I'm sure is large based on her current life) on others on this board. I'm sure that marriage will work out swimmingly.  I could pick out many more people on these boards, but I won't.  Point being, women who are actually looking for advice, why are you looking to these people?? 

Anyway, end rant.  I'm never logging in here again.  So delete this post, ban me, whatever.  It doesn't really matter. Just had to get this off of my chest.

Re: Lurker

• HeatherKatHeatherKat member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2015

ETF gif
    Amor vincet omnia.... par liones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

You really showed us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited April 2015

Man, you just know it all.  

I have seen the light!

Whoops.

• So why are you sticking around....?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This is hilarious! Thank you for posting. I needed a laugh today. 
  • blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015

Okay first of all, this unnamed poster whose DH spends all their money on drugs, I really want to know who poster you're talking about. If you want to call someone out, grow a pair and call them by name.

Second of all, we don't validate bad/rude/tacky ideas here. If you want someone to tell you your cash bar is fine, go to WW or WB.

ETA: I actually love threads like this, for the gifs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

For example, one regular seems to love giving snarky advice to others, yet from what I can tell her own life is completely and totally hopeless.  From what I can tell, this married a total loser, who doesn't like her children from a previous relationship (or marriage, I'm not sure), and spends what little money they have on drugs.  Good life choice!  Yet, this regular is out there doling out advice to others and apparently taking her anger (which I'm sure is large based on her current life) on others on this board. I'm sure that marriage will work out swimmingly.  I could pick out many more people on these boards, but I won't.

Oh, bless your heart, sugar.

• blabla89 said:

Okay first of all, this unnamed poster whose DH spends all their money on drugs, I really want to know who poster you're talking about. If you want to call someone out, grow a pair and call them by name.

Second of all, we don't validate bad/rude/tacky ideas here. If you want someone to tell you your cash bar is fine, go to WW or WB.

ETA: I actually love threads like this, for the gifs.

Reporting for duty!

• OP, please actually have a backbone and call out the person you're referring to. What a cowardly post. 
  • OP I too lurked for a while too to learn what the "hot topics". I have gotten some great advice from these ladies, even the so-called "mean girls". However, I have not gone out of my way to antagonise them.

Go back to Wedding Wire or Wedding Bee where I'm sure the girls are less mean.
  • OP I too lurked for a while too to learn what the "hot topics". I have gotten some great advice from these ladies, even the so-called "mean girls". However, I have not gone out of my way to antagonise them.

And where they give terrible advice and tell you all your ideas are GREAT. 

Please list who the mean girls are. 

And where they give terrible advice and tell you all your ideas are GREAT. 

Please list who the mean girls are. 

COULD NOT RESIST.
    /DEAD
  • JFC, at least name who you're calling out! What's the point of even saying anything at all?

• You've been lurking more than a year, but your account says you joined last week.... so either you lied or you made a 2nd, anonymous, account just for this riveting post. Either of those things are weird and gross. And if this place is so awful, why spend a year lurking? That's really bizarre. 

Seems likely, and now I'm trying to guess which of the disgruntled newbs OP might be. The coffee fiend with the infused waters? The girl who found dry weddings to be BO-RING? I guess we'll never know...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• blabla89 said:

You've been lurking more than a year, but your account says you joined last week.... so either you lied or you made a 2nd, anonymous, account just for this riveting post. Either of those things are weird and gross. And if this place is so awful, why spend a year lurking? That's really bizarre. 

Seems likely, and now I'm trying to guess which of the disgruntled newbs OP might be. The coffee fiend with the infused waters? The girl who found dry weddings to be BO-RING? I guess we'll never know...
    I figure it must be someone that I was especially "MEAN!!!!!" to, since she decided to call me out in a really lame, fraidey cat sort of way.
  • I've been lurking on these boards for a year plus, and in this time I've come to have two many observations/questions. 

First, I've noticed that many people on these boards seem to really enjoy taking their anger out on women who come looking for help and advice.  You really seem to find enjoyment out of mocking these women, and in general, acting like grown versions of up mean girls.  I've also noticed that many of the regular commenters have terrible relationships with either a sister or brother, or a parent.  Is this a coincidence?  I don't think so.  Additionally, I'm guessing based on the frequency of many of your posts here, you don't have many real life friends.

Second, I'm a little perplexed about why people on these boards actually take the advice here seriously, simply based on who is giving the advice.  So many of you have such messed up lives and priorities that I am a little unsure what qualifies you to give life advice to others.  For example, one regular seems to love giving snarky advice to others, yet from what I can tell her own life is completely and totally hopeless.  From what I can tell, this married a total loser, who doesn't like her children from a previous relationship (or marriage, I'm not sure), and spends what little money they have on drugs.  Good life choice!  Yet, this regular is out there doling out advice to others and apparently taking her anger (which I'm sure is large based on her current life) on others on this board. I'm sure that marriage will work out swimmingly.  I could pick out many more people on these boards, but I won't.  Point being, women who are actually looking for advice, why are you looking to these people?? 

Anyway, end rant.  I'm never logging in here again.  So delete this post, ban me, whatever.  It doesn't really matter. Just had to get this off of my chest.

Wow, for someone who hates mean girls, you are acting like one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards