Chit Chat
Options

Getting over that hump

We have our Monday recap threads, and our Friday weekend plans threads, but what about a mid-week check up thread? I can already tell I'm going to need some serious focus to get through today. Kept waking up last night and ended up sleeping in 40 minutes. I'm still kind of a zombie. Worried about FI a little because he might be told he has to take a day off this week so he doesn't go into overtime, even though he worked a hot, sweaty, 16 hour day on Monday in Miami to cover Marco Rubio on the assumption that he'd be getting overtime. Ugh. Corporate jerks.

How's your week going? Anyone need a boost?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Getting over that hump

• Options
    I need a boost. A kick in the ass. Something. I just keep thinking "In two weeks, I'll be off for the wedding... HOLYFUCKINGTAPDANCINGCHRIST. THE WEDDING." My ability to focus is zero right now.

I'm also struggling with buying a new car. I really want a new car. I don't need a new car. My current car is worth about $7,000 (and only going DOWN due to my commuting) but I only owe around $4500. So I figure, I can get around $1500 for a down payment on a trade on a new vehicle. Then I have some spare cash loitering about to use as well. Then it'll save me gas money to drop to a smaller engine... but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. I don't even LIKE my car. I bought it because I knew I could afford the payments in any situation. It doesn't have anything that I want in a vehicle but four wheel and goes vroom. But I cannot bring myself to get something new. What. The. Fuck. I've never had this much trouble spending money. Ever.

Anyways. I tried to get the chef at work to make my chocolate chip pancakes into mickey mouse chocolate chip pancakes, but he wouldn't do it. I don't think he realized how serious I was.

• Options
    I am not feeling well today (freaking sinuses). And FI and I got in a fight last night so now I'm in a bad mood. It was a stupid fight at that which always makes it more annoying. One finally whine, it's been raining all week and will continue to rain until next Monday so all I want to do is curl up in bed. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Two weeks! That is super exciting!

I always want a new car. My car is good, but about 10 years old and I see all the new flashy features on new cars and really want them. But I don't need one, and my car is paid off, and if I bought a new car now I might not be able to afford the wedding or honeymoon. So I guess no new car now...

I would have made you Mickey pancakes. They make any day better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    littlepep said:

I am not feeling well today (freaking sinuses). And FI and I got in a fight last night so now I'm in a bad mood. It was a stupid fight at that which always makes it more annoying. One finally whine, it's been raining all week and will continue to rain until next Monday so all I want to do is curl up in bed. 

I hate those fights. We had a similar one a couple weeks ago. It sucks when you know it's stupid but you know it's still happening.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    H left last night to go skiing up in Vermont. He'll be back Thursday night, but I miss him! 

Today I started my Advocare 24 day challenge, so we'll see how that goes. I can't snack on any of the delicious things I've been snacking on here (there's so much junk in my office right now). I think it's going to be a long day. 
  • Options

H left last night to go skiing up in Vermont. He'll be back Thursday night, but I miss him! 

Today I started my Advocare 24 day challenge, so we'll see how that goes. I can't snack on any of the delicious things I've been snacking on here (there's so much junk in my office right now). I think it's going to be a long day. 
    May the force be with you. I made it 12 days on that challenge. I managed to make it 8 months on Adkins if that tells you my ability to "stay away" from certain foods. 

• Options

I'm curious to see what you think of it! I've seen people post good things, but I've never tried it. I have a hard time with rules so idk how I'd do ha. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Add me to the list. I am currently 3 weeks away from having my masters. If I never have to write another article critique for the rest of my life, I'd be perfectly okay with that. Man, I thought I had "senior-itis" finishing my undergrad, but nothing compares to this. All of my classes are starting to blur together. I actually had to look at my calendar this morning to see what day it is so I know what classes I'm having. 

Poor FI is working like a dog picking up extra hours at work and working per diem for the college where we did undergrad. He's a personal trainer and they just finished a weight loss boot camp/biggest loser type thing. I'm crossing my fingers his team wins because a) I really like his clients and they've (quite literally) worked their asses off and b) winning trainer gets a bonus!! $$ 

On a good note, my mom texted yesterday to say I got my first RSVP back. I got all excited and asked who....It was her. -_- She actually filled it out and put it in the box we have for them. God love her. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

littlepep said:

I hate those fights. We had a similar one a couple weeks ago. It sucks when you know it's stupid but you know it's still happening.
    Yeah it was like wait are we in a fight right now!? Why?! But I'm way too stubborn to give in. Ugh. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's hump day! Woo!

My car still won't start. I have no idea what's wrong with it. It was fine Monday morning, and then three hours later it was not. We tried to jump it with FI's car and with my dad's, and neither one worked. So now it's parked in my work lot, and I have to figure out how I'm going to get it to a mechanic, and then how I'm going to pay for whatever needs to be done on the stupid thing.

FI's working at least one day this weekend. It's been gray and icky every morning this week (although the sun came out for a bit yesterday afternoon). I'm having to get up thirty minutes earlier than usual to ride in with my mom. I keep trying to find good things to say, and I feel like I've got none, and I just want to go home and curl up and cry.

Pity, party of one. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

May the force be with you. I made it 12 days on that challenge. I managed to make it 8 months on Adkins if that tells you my ability to "stay away" from certain foods. 
    It's going to be really hard to stay away from dairy, especially because of where I work. Hopefully I'll make it all the days! 

littlepep said:

I'm curious to see what you think of it! I've seen people post good things, but I've never tried it. I have a hard time with rules so idk how I'd do ha. 
    I have two good friends who love it and say they've lost and kept off at least 10 lbs. So we'll see! 
  • Options
    Well I'm up six pounds, some jackoff almost hit me this morning because people don't know how to fucking merge, I'm supposed to have engagement pictures Saturday (even though I got engaged in October) I have no outfit to wear and no ring because it's being appraised and I slept like shit last night... end rant 

• Options

I've been interested to see how that works. My best friend got about half way through hers. FI and I looked through ingredients and process and it sounds pretty healthy. (I'm so leary about these things because I've seen clients and friends get really sick doing whackado diets). This one might be something solid. Let us know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I've been interested to see how that works. My best friend got about half way through hers. FI and I looked through ingredients and process and it sounds pretty healthy. (I'm so leary about these things because I've seen clients and friends get really sick doing whackado diets). This one might be something solid. Let us know!
    I'll definitely let you know how it goes! So far the Spark drink tastes really good. 
  • Options
    I'm still in the process of hiring a new assistant. My current assistant agreed to work until I replace her, but I offered to cut her hours. So I only have her here 10 hours a week and in those 10 hours I somehow have to find a way to cram in 20 hours worth of work, meetings,errands, marketing, events, and interviews.

I also found out yesterday that DH can't go to graduation because they have mandatory work at his current job. I'm still pissed  about that.

• Options
    I decided to work from home today because people at work have been bugging me waaaaay too much for little unimportant things and I haven't been able to get anything done on an important report that's due Friday.

... BUT, so far this morning all I've done is drink coffee, browse TK, and play computer games. I haven't even showered or dressed yet. I think this is a bad sign. Must. Motivate.
  • Options

I'll definitely let you know how it goes! So far the Spark drink tastes really good. 
    The Spark is fine. It's the fiber drink that tastes like pure rancid ASS. 
  • Options

I need a boost for sure. I've been waking up in the middle of the night all week, it sucks.

But other than that I've had a pretty good week so far. I went out to dinner with some friends I haven't seen in almost a year (crazy!) last night. Then tonight I have a workout class so I'm hoping to get my butt kicked. Thursday I'm going to drinks with another friend, then it'll be the blissful weekend where I can hopefully get my bike out. So lots to look forward to!

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    edited April 2015
    maeday2 said:

The Spark is fine. It's the fiber drink that tastes like pure rancid ASS. 
    I'm drinking the fiber drink right now. It's not great. But I've had worse...lol. 

ETA: It's the peaches & cream one. 
  • Options
    I'm exhausted today. H and I stayed up until midnight last night which was a mistake. Oh, and we also chopped down a freakin' dead tree in our backyard yesterday. I feel like ever since we moved into our house, it's been nothing but work. It's really exciting to see all the progress we've been making, but I'm ready for a break. We are going to the beach this weekend with my family so I'm looking forward to that. Must...make it...to...Friday....

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    FI is has been out of town on business since Sunday, not back til like 11 PM Friday, There are 10 days til the wedding and all I want to do is drink wine out of a bottle with a straw and eat mozza sticks. I definitely need to motivate because I have a ton of shit to do before then.
  • Options
    I haven't been feeling great lately and it seems to be getting worse. I finally went to the doctor and they have some concerns and now I need a "mini colonscopy?!" (forgot the actual name). Not thrilled about that at all. I slept like shit last night - like 4 hours but considering all of that...

IT"S SUNNY AND in the 60's so I have a smile on my face! :)

Anniversary
  • Options

I had to get up "early" today because I had the plumber coming at 8:30.  I've had this darn clog on the kitchen/laundry side of the house for over a month, and they were here 3 weeks ago and didn't fix the problem, and it got to the point again where I couldn't drain any water on that side of the house. 

They just left and hopefully they got it this time!  Not sure why they concentrated so much on my tampon flushing problem last time, when the problem was always on the other side of the house, not the main drain.  Grrrrr

I also have a contractor coming at 1pm because we went to a home show and FI is interested in a kitchen facelift.  I don't love the kitchen, but I have a feeling when he hears the price he will learn to live with it too.

We're supposed to go to a timeshare presentation in the Berkshires on Friday, but it's going to be cold and rainy.  I may try to switch it to tomorrow.

Last night I found a bunch of milk bottles I want to use in my centerpieces, but there were only half the number I need!  I guess that's what happens when you shop discount stores :-P

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

@flutteringinfl @mikenberger Same with me and the car. Mine is 8 years old and paid off. DH keeps telling me to get a brand new one, and I deserve a brand new one but I honestly have no desire to get a new one. I'm like it's paid off, it's got 105,000 miles on it, there's really NO reason that I can't get 2 more years worth out of it. Even though it will be super nice when I finally do get one to have all that new fancy stuff like pandora and touch screen and heated seats.

@emmaaa That's fucking bullshit about his graduation. He should call in sick or something because isn't he going to be leaving to start that new job after graduation anyways?

My week sucks. Been moving from my house to the apartment where we're going to live until we find a new house to buy. It's small and outdated and dumpy in a terrible area with a 50 minute commute for me. I hate everything about this apartment, but we kind of have no choice but to live there. My in-laws own it so they will be flexible with the rent and with letting us move out the second we find a home. There's no other place around here that would offer that.

• Options
    I'll be so happy to never take math again. I swear it's one of the few things that has caused a fight between V and I. I don't understand math so easily while V is a genius at it. So he tries to help me but then I sometimes forget how to do basic things like factoring. So he thinks I'm being lazy while I think he is being insensitive. So we get frustrated until we realize we are annoyed at each other because of MATH HOMEWORK. We made up though and he made me an awesome breakfast. So now I'm knotting when I could be studying for an exam tomorrow. But I've been studying and I've done great with previous exams. I also have to finish more homework, projects, ect. I'll be happy for this semester to end. The struggle is real haha. We are taking a road trip to Alaska so I'm looking forward to that. 
  • Options
    @jenna8984 I told him the same thing. His graduation is May 8 and his new job starts May 11. His last day at his current job is May 9. His current course is hosting the NCAA golf tournament and they have a lot of new people who don't know what they're doing so DH and two others have to be there. Basically, if he didn't come he would lose those people as a reference and they have a lot of pull in the golf industry and are good friends with his new boss. So it's worth it to keep the references. 

It still makes me mad, though.

• Options
    @lucka23 We had the same issue in our house a couple of months ago. Except it was only the sink and tub in the bathroom that wouldn't drain. Our landlord came to unclog it about 3 or 4 times and it never got better. For about a month we were having to go to my dad's or DH's parents' houses to take showers because it wouldn't drain.

Apparently the pipes were super old and basically had a right angle turn and hair, dirt, anything wouldn't pass through. Our landlord ended up having to replace the pipes.

• Options

I need a pick me up today! H and I are out of the baby making game this month...kinda down about it. Tonight I am going over to my grandmother's house to make dinner and chit chat. She is very dear to my heart and I can't wait to spend some time with her.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards