Wedding Woes
Options

Randoms

1.  Self serving post because I'm trying to avoid work. 

2.  SIL has uninvited MIL from her graduation party.  I told SIL she had to do what she had to do.  And that she'll be better off if she sticks to her guns.  I commend her.

3.  H went out to lunch with female friend yesterday, where he saw his sister's husband---and I told him, I can't wait until I hear if SIL starts cooking up a random story.

4.  Work chatty Cathy was told the other day that she talks too loud by my coworker---he felt a bit bad, but it's not like she has cut back on her volume---so apparently he shouldn't feel terrible.

Re: Randoms

• Options
    Today was DS's book character costume day, we were supposed to dress him up and send a book.  That didn't happen.  No wonder he's a delinquent. 
  • Options
    Also, I'm watching a TedTalks series on love and sex and this one lady just showed a video of a guy getting a pig off.  I can't unsee that...and I don't want lunch now. 
  • Options
    I've really depleted my reserves lately.  I've got too many friends who are in some major life changing decisions.  And I've been supportive and giving and all that stuff.  But I need a goddamn break from all the drama (and it's not stupid or unfounded or undeserved, but it is drama).  I keep trying to run away; when I come back it's all magnified somehow because I was gone.  I don't want to draw away from these people because I love them, but I need a break and I can't figure out the balance.  Poor DH is getting worn out Varuna and that's not fair either.

One friend is pissed off b/c of Facebook.  All I can do is a mixture of this:

and this:

• Options
    My hip hurts and instead of being reasonable, I'm pretty certain I have a bone tumor causing my pain.

I also am thinking of going to see someone about running. The real reason my hips hurt is probably due to shoes that aren't great for me and poor form. But you know, horrible bone-itis is really to blame. I'll be dying any day now.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    1. Why aren't police like the ones on Law and Order . They run after the suspects before they shoot. Just saying.

2. I just had a cell phone intervention with a student. I think he is addicted and gave him a challenge to not check his phone the entire day. I don't think he will make it to lunch.

3. Isn't it funny when people at work tell all of their business and look at you like, "your turn." NOT.
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I'm currently on GOMI looking at fitness IG-ers.  I'm in a warp zone and I don't have much shame about spending hours on it.  NOPE.

I have my list and I'll get it done, but for now....*scrrrolllllinnngggg*
  • Options
    PMeg819 said:

My hip hurts and instead of being reasonable, I'm pretty certain I have a bone tumor causing my pain.

I also am thinking of going to see someone about running. The real reason my hips hurt is probably due to shoes that aren't great for me and poor form. But you know, horrible bone-itis is really to blame. I'll be dying any day now.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I hate my clothes, but I have zero desire to change them.
  • Options
    PMeg819 said:

This was me Monday.  I had what I thought was a mole randomly appear on my shoulder, and I made DH to me it's not melanoma.  "You're too young to be a widower, and the kids still need me," I reminded him.  He looked at my "melanoma" and said it looked more like a blood blister that was starting to turn brown.  "Isn't that right where the strap was on the backpack carrier?  You probably pinched it," he told me.  He got lucky this time.  Next time, I might really be dying. 
  • Options
    In total first world problem news, I have three packages coming today. But it's only 10:30 am and I'm so anxious for them to get here. I need to play with my pretty new things! I wish package tracking included like GPS so I could see exactly where they were in the city and see if they were getting closer.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2015
    Oh teenagers.  I drink because of them. 

So, some kid was taking pics of the kiddo's GF's ass because she was wearing yoga pants.  His GF said it was bothering her, so the kiddo called the kid on it (go kiddo).  The kid said he was going to kick the kiddo's ass.  So the kiddo's friend asked the kiddo what he would do if the kid came for him.  The kiddo was like, "I'll defend myself."  The student teacher overheard and raised the 'fight' alarm.  So the kiddo spent the day being pulled out of class to explain he wasn't going to get in/start a fight.  

Of course, he comes home and the first words out of his mouth is how all the teachers/admins are 'stupid'.  Which he said, and did, the right thing...But his dismissal of their concern is eyeroll worthy (and totally teenager-y).  I explained why they had to follow-up using a bomb threat analogy.  I do think they sound like they were a little ridic and why they had to question the kiddo to death when he wasn't the intstigator.  But running a Jr High is like herding cats, I'm sure...So they need to be thorough. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

My mom and her friend are doing this stained glass art thing.  I keep suggesting they start a facebook page or look into some of the existing ones for local crafters.  She keeps ignoring me.  Today they are taking pictures with a digital camera, printing them, putting them in an album, and taking the album to stores.  Fine.

I saw the stuff they've made and it's dated and ugly.  I feel kind of bad.

• Options
    It probably took all day because there were 3 kids ahead of him. Welcome to my world.

There have been times I spent an hour trying to find out the real reason why 2 kids wanted to fight and it's usually because of 1. Instagram/Kik  2. He said/She said. 3. Just because.

• Options
    Oh I know, NOLA.  

The kiddo said he was pulled out of class by all his teachers to talk about it, he was also pulled out to talk to the principal, asst. principal, and the counselor.  It's a little overkill, but I also understand why.  They want to make sure the zero tolerance is well explained/understood.  I guess they also talked to the kiddo's friends too.  Sounds like a wild goose chase. 

Again, jr high = herding cats...asshole, emotionally charged cats.  ;) 
  • Options
    I want to text you all the time, @theduckis. Just FYI
  • Options
    DUCKIS!  Everytime I see a pic of lil' man, I just think "gimme dat behbeh!"  He's so darn cute. 
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Mrs. Conn

That was overkill. The teacher, counselor, AP and Principal. Wow!

Does his school not have a lot of fights?
  • Options
    WHY DON'T YOU, Dixie? 
  • Options
    Anyway, randoms. Have you guys heard of LulaRoe? It's an MLM scheme run by Mormons, so it basically goes against everything I stand for. BUT, omg their leggings are so cute and comfortable, I'm obsessed. So much shame. 
  • Options
    I get the impression that they don't.  He had a TON more autonomy (almost too much, one could argue) in his old school.  

This school system is smaller and they do seem to be a lot more watchful.  It's nothing to storm the school over, but I basically told him that he needs to be mindful of who's around and/or what he says. 

He got busted for "PDA" a few weeks ago with the GF because (according to him) they were holding hands in the hallway and hugged each other.  
  • Options
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/15/living/feat-five-all-girl-quintuplets-born-in-us/
    carrann must be dying.
    "We are so thankful and blessed," said Danielle Busby, who had intrauterine insemination to get pregnant. "I honestly give all the credit to my God. I am so thankful for this wonderful hospital and team of people here. They truly all are amazing."

• Options
    hmonkey said:
    Can you imagine how much stuff from the baby Gap she could fit in the bottom of a five seat stroller? 
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    DYING.  I love you guys so hard right now.  From the GIF, to the #TBT carrann mention, to cute mr. babay pictures.  Lurve x eleventybillion.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards