Wedding Woes

So DS is going to be evaluated for EI

2»

Re: So DS is going to be evaluated for EI

• Heffalump said:

AuntFlo said:

Yeah, we're of the same mind on the "couldn't hurt" thing.  Do the eval, see what it says.  I feel like I was scrutinizing DS nonstop last night, I couldn't help myself, and I am starting to wonder if his consonant sounds are where they should be.  I understand what he's trying to say, so I can tell he has a good number of words, but maybe his enunciation isn't as clear as you'd expect at his age.  I'm sort of flying blind here, because DD was so the opposite, it's like I don't have firsthand experience with normal.

STOP. He's 18 months old for Christ's sake! I mean, consonant sounds? Really?

BOXES

I don't understand your point?  Kids make consonant sounds.  I listened to DS last night, and started to wonder if he's having trouble with some consonants.  So where is this "STOP. Really?" coming from?
    What I think AF is trying to say is don't make yourself crazy.  :)  Just get through the eval and go from there. 

Drink some wine, rub some oils on it, and just...be cool.  Don't be all...uncool, man.  ;) 
  • Stop over analyzing the poor child. Be sensible.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Anecdote:  When we were debating with 6let the pedi asked "Do others understand him."  When we realized others didn't we realized it was worth the evaluation.  He was older then, but I wish his old pedi would have asked more earlier.
  • Hi Calla

How are you doing? Glad to see you.
  • 6fsn said:

Anecdote:  When we were debating with 6let the pedi asked "Do others understand him."  When we realized others didn't we realized it was worth the evaluation.  He was older then, but I wish his old pedi would have asked more earlier.

That's kind of what I'm thinking.  It doesn't do him much good if we know what he's saying and no one else does.  I never really thought about it until they said "two words" at the conference, and I was thinking "No way!  Fish, ball, moon, milk, duck, Daddy, Mama, banana, car, teddy, more, bubbles, chalk, done, bye..." etc.  But I don't think DC knows he's saying these things, because they can't understand him.  So we'll see if the SPT can understand him and what he/she thinks.  Maybe it's a motor issue, because he understands what he hears and he "talks," he's just maybe not as clear as other kids his age.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Part of it is just part of 6let's personality, but he definitely had issues that were worth getting therapy for.  I'm now trying to decide if he should be re-evaluated.  He still doesn't have the "th" sound.

• Heffalump said:

I never really thought about it until they said "two words" at the conference, and I was thinking "No way!  Fish, ball, moon, milk, duck, Daddy, Mama, banana, car, teddy, more, bubbles, chalk, done, bye..." etc.  

i wonder if these are the two words that he uses the most.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards