Flowers
Options

Bridesmaid corsage instead of bouquet?

Hi! I hope this is the best place to ask this, if it is not, please redirect me.

I'm a little intrigued by the idea of having my ladies wear wrist corsages instead of carrying bouquets, however, I've not personally seen this done, so I'm not sure of how it actually looks. (A Pinterest search produced results, but not in line with what I'm imagining... I'm not doing the "rustic", "bohemian", or "artsy" theme. I want purely "wedding" themed...)

Is this to "prom-y" or "Easter-y"? Has anyone done this in their wedding, or have you seen it done and have an opinion you'd share? I'll be having a September wedding, if that makes any difference. Thank you!

Re: Bridesmaid corsage instead of bouquet?

• Options
    I have not seen it, but wrist corsages very much say Prom to me.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    It's a little prom to me as well. 

I also think that to some extent, it's also about having something for your hands to do/hold to make it less nerve-wracking walking down an aisle with everyone watching.  There's just the weird phenomenon that happens where even though you've been walking for 95% of your life, you just don't quite know what to do with your hands when all of a sudden people are staring at you walking for a formal occasion.  Maybe that's not everyone though. 

But I'd probably be inclined to go with nothing before I go with corsage.  They don't have to walk down with anything other than themselves.
  • Options
    Thank you for the input! I was worried about the prom look. I'm not against them having bouquets, I was just wondering if a corsage would be a pretty alternative. Bouquets it is!

Thanks again!
  • Options
    I was at a wedding recently and all the bridesmaids wore one and then they carried a little fan with them. It was really cute and really cost efficient. You could have them carry a fan or a clutch if you wanted them to hold something. 
  • Options

If that's what you want, then do it...  I wanted my BM's to wear tiaras - (backstory - my Aunt did this for her wedding back in the 60's and I absolutely adored the picture/image growing up as all of the BM's looked like they all paired together well and looked elegent)... I caved to one whiney BM and didn't - found out afterwards that the rest of the girls would have happily done it)- I still wish I had...

A cousin did the fans with the wrist corsage style flowers attached to the fan for their wedding...  But, if you're really loving the corsage idea - take it and run with it - with all of the beautiful corsage bands available, why not!

• Options
    it screams prom, graduation to me  i would feel weird walking down the aisle with just a wrist flower, 

is it budget you are worried about for flowers i can give you some suggestions for budget flowers if you are doing a summer wedding garbera dasiys are in season and they are inexpensive. go with an all ocasions florist or a grocery store or wholesale club that does flowers if you go with a place that just does fancy flower designs for weddings and events you are paying a whole lot more.

i had 6 bm 1 moh my flowers, for corsage i had mob mog and my grandma then we had 5 grooms men buttinears, hubbys buttiner, my dads buttiner and two good size arrangements for the alter at church i paid 850 for all those flowers.

ask the florist whats in season and whats inexpensive 
  • Options
  • Options

it screams prom, graduation to me  i would feel weird walking down the aisle with just a wrist flower, 

is it budget you are worried about for flowers i can give you some suggestions for budget flowers if you are doing a summer wedding garbera dasiys are in season and they are inexpensive. go with an all ocasions florist or a grocery store or wholesale club that does flowers if you go with a place that just does fancy flower designs for weddings and events you are paying a whole lot more.

i had 6 bm 1 moh my flowers, for corsage i had mob mog and my grandma then we had 5 grooms men buttinears, hubbys buttiner, my dads buttiner and two good size arrangements for the alter at church i paid 850 for all those flowers.

ask the florist whats in season and whats inexpensive 

Thank you for your input! It was hard to read, but I got through it. It's not a budget concern, it was just an idea I was tossing around. I love the look of corsages, but since they're something you really only see at prom and on Easter, I was concerned that would be how they would come across.
    I'm having a fall wedding, so thankfully I can steer well clear of gerbera daisies! I really dislike those flowers.

• Options
    I think it's a cute idea!  As a bridesmaid I think I would prefer that actually because it's something they can wear all night long instead of having to find a place to put their bouquet down.  I think it also opens up some cool photo possibilities.  There's only so many poses you can strike holding something in your hand!
  • Options
    I've seen really cute clutches with flowers on the clutch.  Then the bridesmaids have something they can keep and you can DIY to save money, too.

Even though some say it's really like a prom, I think the idea of having a corsage is adorable.  I can also understand why some think it would make finding a hand position hard, but I think, just like with flowers, if you told everyone "hold your hands at your sides, just like you walk normally", it'd be fine.  Just remember to hold your shoulders back and not slouch! ;)
  • Options
    I love the idea and plan on having my bridesmaids wear a corsage at my wedding in Sept. I wouldn't worry about what people think.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards