September 2015 Weddings
Options

Food Tasting

We just had our food tasting last night and it was wonderful.  Now that our menu is finalized, we can start the search for invitations and get those ordered.
Our dinner menu looks like this:
First Course-Caprese Salad
Entree-choice of: braised short ribs in a demi glace, served w pureed celery root, brussels sprouts and baby carrots (what FI and I will order)
Halibut served over a potato cake w sweet pea puree
chicken and dumplings (Murray’s chicken breast, semolina dumplings, orange, cauliflower, baby kale, sage brandy pan jus)
triangle ravioli's filled w roasted beets and goat cheese in a light cream sauce topped w shaved parmesan.

I originally though the chicken and dumplings was an odd choice, but it was presented really beautifully and tasted great.
Dessert is wedding cake.
We will have a full open bar as well as wine service w dinner.
Our venue is a restaurant, so food is their specialty and I think our guest will be impressed by the food (at least FI and I are!)

What does everyone else's menu look like?

Re: Food Tasting

• Options

That sounds yummy!

Our wedding is on a farm, and we are doing a dinner buffet.  Guests are allowed all of the entrees if they choose.

Salad: tossed house salad

Entrees:

-Roasted Steamship
    Round of Black
    Angus Beef au jus, carved tableside
    -Breast of Chicken
    Cordon Bleu with
    Cheese au Vin
    -Penne Rigate with
    Marinara Sauce

Sides:

-Parsley Buttered Potatoes

-Fresh Green Beans Almondine

-Rolls with butter

Dessert:

-Cake, cookie, and candy bar

• Options
    CourtC77CourtC77 member
    First Answer First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

futuremrsjms  - your menu sounds delicious! We just did our tasting a few weeks ago and narrowed all our choices down.

Cocktail Hour:

Stationary: cheese & crackers, vegetable crudité, assorted bruschetta's

Passed: Beef wellington, coconut chicken with thai chili sauce, bacon wrapped scallops, red pepper risotto cakes with lemon aioli

Dinner:

Garden Salad

Choice of: Seafood Stuffed Haddock with Lemon Butter (our wedding venue is right on the ocean so we wanted to have a seafood option and this was the unanimous favorite) or Crispy Chicken Roulade stuffed with Spinach, Fontina Cheese topped with a Lemon Thyme Jus. Both will be served with parmesan potatoes and a garlic green bean vegetable medley.

Dessert:

Wedding cake - chocolate/chocolate ganache, lemon zest with raspberry cream, French vanilla with strawberry cream.

We are also doing a late night menu - just haven't decided yet. Originally we wanted to have a taco truck come but haven't found one willing to drive to our location.

• Options
    island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2015
    Yummy to everyone's menu.  I loved our tasting.  We are having a seated dinner.  Our menu is as follows:

Cocktail hour: 
    ~martini shrimp Bar
    ~(passed hors d'oeuvres)
    bruschetta
    new orleans bbq shrimp on cheddar cheese grits
    mini chicken parmesan
    cheese quesadillas
    jamaican beef patties
    Dinner:
    ~strawberry spinach salad
    ~chicken & shrimp jambalaya or cajun stuffed chicken and bayou shrimp sauce
    ~asiago mashed potatoes
    ~wood grilled vegetables
    ~rolls & butter
    ~champagne

Dinner (Bride & Groom)
    ~4 oz jumbo lump crab cakes

Dessert:
    ~wedding cake (ivory butter cream 3 tier yellow cake with strawberry and pina    colada filling)
    ~groom's cake (carrot cake with cream cheese icing)
    ~coffee station

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    YUM! Everyone's menus sound great!
    @CourtC77 a taco truck would be amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards