Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Back Fat! Help Please!!!

SO, I got my dress back and it fits! Yeah!!!

Okay, new problem....what do I do about the back fat??? My dress is strapless and in the back, I swear to you, there is back cleavage. I'm a little stressed about my skin in the back folding together in the middle and looking like a butt!!!! Yikes!!!

Did anyone have this problem? What did you do? Any suggestions?

Wedding is in 10 days! I'm going to do some hard, heavy weight workouts with my arms and back, but do you think that's it? I mean, as if those amazing workouts will help....but seriously.....what shall I do?

Re: Back Fat! Help Please!!!

• Options
    What kind of bra do you have, can you purchase one that will suck everything in a bit more?

TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • Options
    You might want to talk to your alterations person.  "Back fat" is actually a symptom that the dress does not fit.  Think of it this way:  When you are naked, do you have that fold in the back?  If not, then the dress is too tight in the back, and is causing that look.
  • Options
    i agree with pp- check with alterations...
  • Options

If it is too late to check with alterations then you will need to call on your M.O.H. or M.O.B. to help you!!!... it sounds silly, but ask them to 'push' it down in the dress as much as they can...sometimes that's all it needs to stay put! ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You can get alterations done in a week or even less for a higher cost-just go to a regular alterations shop and not a bridal place if they are telling you a month or something. 

The "back fat" is indeed a symptom of the dress not fitting. You can take even a size 6 girl and give her "back fat" in a strapless dress with a too-tight top because it puckers the skin.
  • Options

I had this issue too and the alterations lady said it was because my bra (it is one of those from David's Bridal that goes all teh way to your belly button) was hooked too tight!  I was shocked at first and told her "Its a medium and I've lost a ton of weight, are you sure?" and sure enough, she loosened it to the loosed fitting and the "back fat" was gone!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards