Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday Monday

How was everyone's weekend?

@Hummingbird125 I hope you had the most epic bachelorette night ever!

@KeptInStitches It's your wedding week!!! You're nearly there!

I woke up to a thunderstorm today so I decided I'd rather work from home than battle traffic. Plus I have some early meetings so this saves me from having to rush rush rush.

On Friday H got a promotion!!!! We had been hearing some whispers about structural changes at his company and we were both worried that while he'd get a promotion, it would also be a move to manager position on swing shift....but instead his boss called him aside Friday afternoon and told him he'd been promoted to Senior Systems Engineer. He's been staff for something like 3 or 4 years now so this was a LONG time coming. We're both so happy and excited....plusalso this means a raise! Woo!!!

Otherwise, I did nothing exciting other than work my butt off in the yard on Saturday in between rain showers and then I hung out with @southernpeach89 to watch GoT. Any thoughts on this week's episode? I thought it was better than the season opener.

Re: Monday Monday

• Options
    I'm super tired this morning but we had a pretty productive weekend.

Friday we bought a kitchen table! We don't have a good picture since the ad was taken off of the website and the table has been taken apart right now for moving but I'm so excited we found one for a reasonable price!

Saturday I was crazy cleaning and packing lady! I got a lot of stuff packed and cleaned a ton of the downstairs! 

Sunday I hung out with one of my best friends from high school. I loved getting to catch up with her. Then we celebrated our little sister's bday and watched GOT with @labro.

Not too much going on today except that I would rather be doing anything else than being at work.
  • Options
    Morning! 

My weekend was mostly great! I had a blast with @Hummingbird125, @GoldenPenguin, @csousa1, @buddysmom80 all weekend! I'll let the bride tell you all about the BP. 

I fell Saturday night :( Like, flat on my face. Blood was everywhere. My knees are bruised and rug burned, my right wrist has something bad going on, and there's a cut on my nose. I'm a fucking mess. Literally.

I slept so badly last night. Every time I moved, my knee killed and I woke up. I was definitely awake for more time than I was asleep. I can't wait to go home. 

• Options
    @labro congrats to H!

@southernpeach89 im with you on wanting to be anywhere else. its patriots day here in boston so a lot of people are off work.....but not me! grrrrr...its marathon monday too and my sister is running so im hoping to leave early so i can cheer her on!

weekend was good.....got entirely too drunk friday night and spent saturday recovering from that. saturday night went to my BFFs house for an old school slumber party (and took advantage of her free laundry!). yesterday i finally had a day to do NOTHING for the first time in like 10  days. it was awesome.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes Yay! I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful weekend and that you're feeling so happy with everything right now! I'm happy for you!

@swazzle I'm sorry about your fall : ( I hope that you heal up quickly.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @Swazzle Ugh, I can't believe all your injuries! I wonder if someone knocked in to you or something.

@TwoDimes I LOVE Indy so so much. I wish I was bringing Cinders to SD this fall so I could swing her into Iowa for a NEY puppy g2g. They would seriously be besties. Cinders is always the fastest dog in the dog park. Her specialty trick is she'll play dead if you point your hand (like a gun) at a her and say "Bang!". She spins around and rolls over onto her back with her feet up in the air.

• Options
    @swazzle sorry to hear about your fall! hopefully its nothing serious.

@twodimes so happy for you! i love when im feeling like that!!

@keptinstitches happy wedding week!!
  • Options

@Labro - Congrats to your H on his promotion, that's great news!

@Swazzle - sorry about your fall, that sounds awful.

I had a pretty chill weekend. Friday I had a doc appointment. Nothing new, no new progress...baby is still hanging out. I was a little dissapointed (I'm ready to roll here!) but i'm also happy because I know another week or two is really what's best for our little one.

Saturday I pretty much just laid in bed all day. I've been coughing so much from the flu I had that I think I pulled or tore a muscle in my right side by my ribs. Super painful every time I sneeze, cough, blow my nose, ride in a car...no fun. The interwebs said rest, tylenol and ice...so that was pretty much my weekend - Though i'm still in a lot of pain this morning. :-(

Sunday we went to see McFarland at the cheap seats. Great movie! Then we ran a couple errands because I just couldn't stay in bed any longer.

I'm already ready for this work week to be over and it's only 1 hour into my morning...

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @allusive007 I can't believe how far along your ticker is! I'm sorry Baby Allusive hasn't made much progress ready but he/she will be ready soon! Just needs to cook a little bit longer. I hope you feel better soon!

• Options
    TwoDimes said:

@swazzle, do you have any memories of how you fell?! That sounds like it could be a good story.... sorry you aren't feeling well, though!

Ehhhh not too much. @csousa1 and I were heading back to our room at the end of the night and all I remember is being down on the floor and my hand was covered in blood from my nose. Paramedics came and helped me out and wheelchaired me back to the room. I was definitely drunk and I was wearing new heels. I'm also pretty clumsy (I fell last year and tore a ligament in my ankle during the day, totally sober). 

• Options
    @Labro - Congrats to your H!!!

@TwoDimes - I love Indy and her theme song!  H gave our dogs their own WWE theme songs, but we've yet to teach them to recall when they hear them.  That is the cutest thing ever!!!

@KeptInStitches - HOORAY!!!!

I had a good weekend!  Friday I was out at noon, but got to give my resignation notice so that was exciting.  Friday night I went to a YL Oils class and it was really fun.  I bought some oils (I planned to when I went) so I can't wait to get my diffuser and oils in the mail.  Saturday we worked in the garden and H watched a soccer game, had lunch, and then went to the season opener soccer game here in the city.  It was delayed by an hour because of thunderstorms moving through so everyone was stuffed under the stands to stay out of the rain/lightning.  It was a lot of fun (my first soccer game) and our team won.

It's Monday, so blah to that but I hope it's a good week for everyone!
  • Options

@swazzle
    Yikes! Hope you are ok, that sounds awful but it sounds like you still had fun.
    Can’t wait to read stories!

I hate
    today, like literally. I am irrationally crabby. I have no reason for it
    either, just woke up like this, which is rare. Everything is pissing me off so
    I am going to sit here quietly and avoid people as much as possible.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Daisypath Anniversary tickers'> 
  • Options
    @Labro - What great news! Congrats to your H!

@southernpeach89 - Yay for a table! Did you get the one I saw last week?

@KeptInStitches - Happy wedding week!

@allusive007 - Baby will be here SO SOON! How much longer are you working?

• Options
    @allusive007 I can only imagine how bad you're ready for the baby to be here! I'll be thinking about you in the meantime and hoping that things can get rolling as soon as everything is ready to go!
  • Options
    @swazzle Yes! We got the one I showed you! It's in really good condition so we are pretty happy with our purchase.
  • Options

@labro congrats to H!

@Swazzle feel better!

@allusive007 I can't believe how close you are!!!! It will be here before you know it.

My weekend was great. Friday I was at theater, the show was rather boring but I wasn't home too late. Saturday H & I met up with our friend and goddaughter to go to a local food truck festival.  The lines for the food trucks were so long I would have loved to sample more but what I had was really good.  Our goddaughter is the cutest thing ever, I love her so much. Sunday my mom stopped to say hello for a few minutes since she was in the area and then we did some yard work.  Then I ran a few errands picked up Moe's for dinner and then we watched GOT.  I am so ready for this week to be over already, for so many different reasons.  I'm hoping it does go by quickly.  Today is a rainy mess.  I had some awful heartburn last night I didn't sleep well and am ready for a nap.

Anniversary

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @beanbot2002 LOVE your new fridge! Your kitchen is going to feel so amazing once you get all your new appliances installed!!!

• Options
    @beanbot2002 - That fridge is amazing!!!!!

• Options
    @Swazzle - I'm due the 29th and I'm planning to work up until baby arrives if possible. I had been feeling really great, so I'd prefer to have the time after baby gets here than before. I'm definitely beginning to understand why some women take off a week or so before their due date though! I'm still doing really well, but the bigger (and lower) baby gets, the more uncomfortable it is. I'm going to try to stick it out though!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Our current fridge has been on the fritz for a while, Mom set the microwave on fire before she passed, the stove has been doing weird things, and then (finally)the dishwasher died. I think we were just waiting for one of them to fully die before we felt ok taking the plunge and replacing them all. 
    It sounds a little stupid, but I wish she was here to enjoy them with us. She and I had been talking and planning kitchen renovations right before she passed. We had been looking at Ikea, had people over from various companies to give counter replacement estimates. Doing this without her is very bittersweet. 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    @beanbot2002 I want that fridge! What is the flex drawer? Does that mean it can be a fridge or freezer drawer? How awesome!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers'> 
  • Options
    @loves2dream yes! I'm going to use it as No-Uh and Bean's snack drawer! 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @beanbot2002 For you! Hugs!

• Options
    @beanbot2002, nice fridge!

@allusive007, so soon!
  • Options
    @labro   OMG I HAVE to teach one of the horses that trick!

• Options
    T&P request ... my great-aunt fell in her kitchen and broke her hip and pelvis (what I was told). She's in the hospital and they're still determining how bad the break is. Healing vibes, please?
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @KeptInStitches Vibes! My grandpa fell a few months before @southernpeach89's wedding. We initially thought he broke his hip but it ended up being his femur instead (MUCH easier healing process). I'm hoping some further testing reveals a clean, quick healing break for her!

• Options
    @speakeasy14 - It's bruised, swollen, and has a ginormous rug burn on it :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards