Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

How would you feel?

We got married last Saturday, 9/10/11.  When we got married we had been together for 7 years, engaged for almost 2.  

At first, we didn't plan a wedding immediately because we knew we couldn't afford it (neither of our families could help).  Then 8 months later my last grandma died and left my parents money in her will, my parents offered to pay for the wedding (which I would have still kept small).  That did not happen because at Christmas I realized that my mom would forever hold that over my head.  A little history here, after going to counseling since Christmas I learned that my mom is mentally ill, possibly has a personality disorder.  She was never a mother to me, verbally abusive, and manipulative.  My now husband and I decided we would pay for our own wedding, set the date 9/10/11 and tried to make it work.  

Cut to the wedding.  I spent a lot of time planning and we saved every penny to have our wedding.  The ceremony started at 4 and probably ended at 4:30 then guests made their way to a buffet of amazing food.  Pretty much all I wanted was a nice ceremony and then our family and friends to socialize and dance.  Everyone was gone by 7.  Granted we did not serve alcohol, neither of our families drink, some of our friends don't know their limits, and it was one extra cost.  We also did not have a dj but I put together a great playlist of songs to build and make people want to dance after dinner.  

Also, after months of counseling (I guess I could have had alcohol at the wedding if I didn't do the counseling), I knew it was a possibility that my mom would not come and I thought I was strong enough to handle that.  Now I guess I was thinking and hoping that I was strong enough, it didn't ruin my day but it still hurts sometimes.

I think overall I was just disapointed that our guests didn't stay very long.  Plus people started cleaning up certain areas during what little reception we had and I think some people thought it was over.  

It wasn't what I had in mind when I was planning.  Even when i saw some older people leaving I thought "oh, that's okay as long as some of my friends stay to dance" and then about 30 minutes later they were gone.  

I could ramble on and on but I won't.  I just want to know how would that have made you feel, mainly the people leaving early part.  My brother and bridesmaids thought it was a little odd too but that's all I've talked to about it.  
Thank you for your input!