Wedding Reception Forum

Which would you prefer

Which would you prefer as a wedding favor?

cookies

Favor BoxesPOPCORN

CHOCOLATE

Garrett Popcorn Shops

Chocolate Menus Pricing

ICE CREAMIndividual Ice Cream Party Favors - Wedding or Wedding Shower

OLIVE OIL FAVORS

Round Pond Estate

WINETimeless Miniatures Wine Bottles, 6pk

VOKA MINI FAVORS

Re: Which would you prefer

• edited April 2015
    Cookies or popcorn. I love ice cream but if not eaten immediately how would it be saved? The others I'm just ehh on.
  • I also like cookies or popcorn. Agree that the ice cream may melt, and I wouldn't do anything alcoholic for kids and/or those guests who don't drink.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Cookies or popcorn.
  • Cookies! Or popcorn. But only if it's cheesy or otherwise salty popcorn, I like savory things.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'd say cookies, popcorn or chocolate. You might have people who can't drink (or kids?) making the alcohol a no go. The olive oils are cute but again are there kids? And ice cream would need to be eaten immediately. 
  • Cookies or popcorn! Honestly, I'm kind of leaning towards popcorn. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That first picture looks like French macarons, not cookies. But I would like either of those or popcorn. Ice cream - how would that be kept cold?
  • I always like the chocolate menu thing. Popcorn also sounds good. That bag looks like Chicago style popcorn - SO good!
    *********************************************************************************

• Cookies or popcorn

• I'm partial to the chocolate menu. That's adorable. 

Otherwise, I would go with cookies and popcorn in that order. I don't like popcorn, but I realize I'm in the extreme minority in that. Finding someone else to eat it wouldn't be difficult. 
  • Chocolate would be first choice then cookies. Popcorn is ok but I am not a popcorn fan. Definitely not ice cream unless you mean to have it as a dessert optiont.
  • Popcorn.

Avoid anything that will melt like chocolate, ice cream, and macarons/cookies (if it has chocolate or any cream). Not everyone will be able to enjoy the booze, and olive oil can get messy if you break a bottle.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm the minority who would love olive oil, but I love to cook, and artisan olive oil would be awesome.

I think icecream would be a disaster in the making. And booze is great, but not everyone may drink. 

• levioosa said:

I'm the minority who would love olive oil, but I love to cook, and artisan olive oil would be awesome.

I think icecream would be a disaster in the making. And booze is great, but not everyone may drink. 

While generally I'd agree, getting 1oz or so of olive oil is kind of just more annoying. The opening is SO small that it just doesn't pour right (and ends up coming out more as splatters then a stream).
  • If those are macarons - that's my first choice. The chocolate menus would be my second choice.

• I would prefer the olive oil, but I love to cook.

Anniversary

• edited April 2015

I had someone at my physical therapy clinic make me this as a thank you and it was absolutely delicious.

White chocolate puff corn (white chocolate kernel-less popcorn) Ingredients:1 bag white chocolate chips 1 bag puff corn Sprinkles if desiredInstructions Put puff corn in a large bowl  Melt white chocolate chips, stirring occasionally.  Pour white chocolate mixture over the puff corn. Mix until it is completely covered or put the cover on the bowl and shake it!  Put puff corn on wax paper and sprinkle with sprinkles. Leave on the wax paper until set. Store in airtight container.
  •  

I had someone at my physical therapy clinic make me this as a thank you and it was absolutely delicious.

White chocolate puff corn (white chocolate kernel-less popcorn)
    Ingredients:

1 bag white chocolate chips

1 bag puff corn

Sprinkles if desired

Instructions

Put puff corn in a large bowl

Melt white chocolate chips, stirring occasionally.

Pour white chocolate mixture over the puff corn. Mix until it is completely covered or put the cover on the bowl and shake it!

Put puff corn on wax paper and sprinkle with sprinkles. Leave on the wax paper until set. Store in airtight container.

Sorry for everything running together in the above.  Basically put the puff corn in a bowl, melt the chocolate, then pour it over the puff corn and shake!
  • I love all of those ideas.  I am considering the Garrett popcorn also or making chocolate dipped pretzel sticks with sprinkles and chocolate dipped Oreos.  The pretzels and Oreos would be very easy to decorate and cost effective.
  • Here are my opinions on each

• Cookies - you can't go wrong
    • Popcorn - looks cute, would be enjoyable also
    • Chocolate - again you can't go wrong, but depending on the time of year & your venue, like a summer outdoor event, I would skip because you'll risk it melting & making a mess
    • Ice Cream - would be yummy, but you would need to serve as part of dessert because it will melt and then there is the logistics of getting it all to the venue & keeping it cold until you hand them out
    • Oils - Cute but not as much of a wow favor like cookies or chocolate
    • Wine - You have have guests that don't drink wine, it will be wasted and also if you have any under aged guests, you have to make sure they don't get that favor.
    • Mini Vodka - same issues as wine. The alcohol going to waste isn't as big of an issue as if you have any guests that will be under 21
  • I love a good olive oil, but that might get pricey depending on how many guests you have.
  • Cookies or chocolate.  If you do the chocolate, have a paper sleeve or something that the guest could slip it into and take it home.
  • Cookies would be my pick. Popcorn or chocolate would be great too. Ice cream is my favorite dessert, but it might melt on the way home for guests. I wouldn't do alcohol. You may have underage adults or kids around, or people like me who don't drink and never have.
  • Everyone loves cookies. Not everyone loves popcorn or the other favors. Women love chocolate, but men would probably prefer the cookies too. Same with kids.
  • atlastmrsgatlastmrsg member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    Macarons for the win!

ETA: have you priced this though?  Giving everyone a dozen, as pictured, is going to be very pricey.  I pay $1.50-$3.50 each for those things in my city depending on which bakery I visit.  Even in bulk, that's a favor that has the potential to cost $20 each if you buy a dozen boxed.  For a two-pack, it'll be a lot less--think $5 or less.  That's a lot more manageable.

More power to you if a dozen per person fits in your budget.  If it doesn't, DON'T SKIMP on food, passed appetizers, or bar to make it fit.  People remember having plenty of good things to eat and drink.  Because if they don't, they're either unhappy and hostile or they leave early to go eat a real dinner elsewhere.  They don't remember the favor.

• esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    I'd be thrilled any of those, in this order: olive oil (I cook a TON), wine, vodka, popcorn, chocolate, cookies, ice cream (only last because of logistics re: melting). 
  • Macarons are my first choice then popcorn.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Olive oil
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• polarhq said:

Everyone loves cookies. Not everyone loves popcorn or the other favors. Women love chocolate, but men would probably prefer the cookies too. Same with kids.

WTH?

• polarhq said:

Everyone loves cookies. Not everyone loves popcorn or the other favors. Women love chocolate, but men would probably prefer the cookies too. Same with kids.

WTH?
    Um, NO. What is with people saying gross sexist shit lately? @polarhq STOP IT.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards