Nevada-Las Vegas

Wedding Readings

My FI and I are thinking to ask his dad to do a reading during our ceremony. We have a few options we are considering, but I would love to hear which readings any of you have done or are considering to do. :)

Re: Wedding Readings

• I'm terrified of the ideas of readings, speeches and toasts. Ultimately, I'd like to eliminate them all together, because I don't want to spend half the night crying! And odds are, that could happen... Eek.
  • @xoeden, I feel you! If we were getting married in our hometown, I would probably cut them out. I guess I just like the idea of having my FI's dad do a reading and 2-3 people giving toasts during the reception to balance out the genericness of a Vegas wedding. 
  • My FI and I are thinking to ask his dad to do a reading during our ceremony. We have a few options we are considering, but I would love to hear which readings any of you have done or are considering to do. :)

Have you considered letting him pick a reading? We asked DH's aunt/uncle to do a reading for our wedding and they picked one they liked. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had two readings and in hindsight wish we had none; it just dragged the ceremony out for a non-religious ceremony. :-)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• We had one sort of...my hubby's mom wrote a 3 page(!!!) reading for the hand-fasting ceremony we did. Rev. Roland was great and only read a small paragraph that captured the essence of it all so it only lasted a few mins :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the info, everyone! We have it narrowed down to three and will probably let his dad choose among them. We would also like to keep our ceremony pretty short, so the ones we have selected are only about a paragraph long. We are trying to keep the number of toasts down for our reception so that we don't bore people to death, so we thought a short reading would allow his dad to still have a part in our wedding without feeling like he had to write and deliver a toast. :)
  • I like the idea of keeping it short and sweet. :)
  • Just posting from a different angle, I was really touched when 5 years ago our eldest son & now daughter in law asked me to do a reading at their uk wedding, they chose it but asked what I thought. It definitely helps to personalise the ceremony.  Next month our middle son is getting married in Vegas at the Wynn (so excited)  and am thrilled that they too have asked me to read
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards