September 2015 Weddings
Options

Suits!

Hey ladies... I love the look of navy suits (they will match the navy bridesmaid dresses) and a champagne colored tie. The thing is, I can't find navy suits for rent anywhere so they groomsmen will have to buy them (a few of them are pretty broke). I feel bad asking them to buy a suit for one day. Am I too worried about making them buy the suits? HELP!

Re: Suits!

• Options
    We wanted dark chocolate brown suits, and couldn't find a rental that we liked. Because of the cost difference between renting a suit and buying one, we decided we couldn't ask that of our groomsmen.

After deciding that we really wanted the certain look, we decided that it would only be fair of us to purchase the suits for the men, because as you said, potentially they are only going to wear it once, similar to the bridesmaids dresses (which we also purchased for the same reason).

Many suit places you can get great deals on. So if you decide on a suit you like, don't jump on it right away. See if they have a membership club you can sign up for. Sign up for their mailing lists. 

We had all the guys together trying and picking out suits. Once everyone had one picked we had the store take all the information down. We came back a week later when they were having a store wide 'buy one get one' sale and got 4 suits for the price of 2.

I think this goes along the lines of bridesmaid dress shopping. You ask each man privately what their budget is. If you can't buy a suit within the budget of the lowest # someone told you, then you either go with rental, supplement the extra cost of the suit, or simply pay for it yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards