Chit Chat
Options

How many of these items do you have?

I always felt like we didn't have much "extra" stuff in the house. We are good about throwing out/ donating items we don't use. Yet when we moved last weekend, we were shocked by how many boxes we filled. Even the neighbor came over and said "How much shit you got in that tiny house?!" So it made me wonder if I really do have too many of things or if I'm just average. How many do you have?

Pairs of shoes- you- about 30. This includes snow boots, running shoes, high heels, etc. I don't wear a majority of the heels.

Pairs of shoes- spouse/SO- about 8-10

Work Pants- about 12, but I only wear my favorite 4 pairs

Sweaters/ Hoodies/ Zip front sweatshirt- about 30. Half nice work sweaters, half casual sweatshirts

Blankets (including spare comforters)- about 8. Probably super unnecessary.

Specialty kitchen appliances (crockpot, rotisserie, stand mixer, etc)- 6. I can say that I do use them all but really not that frequently. I could definitely do without the 2 toasters and rotisserie.

Large kitchen bowls (plastic, metal, glass)- 7. Am I really going to ever use more than 2 at a time?

Bakeware (casserole dishes, loaf pans, cookie sheets, etc)- about 10 combined. Again I feel like I will never need all of these?

Stuff that you NEVER use but keep just for guest use- for us it's wine glasses (we don't drink), regular glasses (we drink from the can/ bottle or use disposable since we hate washing dishes), facecloths (my mom always uses them when she comes to stay), honestly the dining room set (we have only eaten there with guests but it would be weird to not have one).

Re: How many of these items do you have?

• Options
    I am the first person to say I have more useless shit than I need.  I have duplicates of almost every kitchen utensil known to man...  I try to pare down but more shit just takes its place. 

• Options
    edited April 2015

Pairs of shoes- you- um, probably 75?

Pairs of shoes- spouse/SO- at least 30

Work Pants- about 12, but only 4-5 fit right now

Sweaters/ Hoodies/ Zip front sweatshirt- about 30 sweaters, dozen or so hoodies, too many cardigans to count.

Blankets (including spare comforters)- about 8-12ish.

Specialty kitchen appliances (crockpot, rotisserie, stand mixer, etc)- um, every kind ever created

Large kitchen bowls (plastic, metal, glass)- a dozen or so? I use lots of them.

Bakeware (casserole dishes, loaf pans, cookie sheets, etc)- like 4 cookie sheets, 2 each round cake, square cake, pie, loaf, large muffin, mini muffin, 1 of each size rectangle glass baking dish and round Corningware

Stuff that you NEVER use but keep just for guest use- honestly we use most of our stuff at least once a year.

• Options

Pairs of shoes- you- I recently pared this down to about 60. 30 or so are heels, the rest are casual lace-up type, flats, athletic shoes, and boots.

Pairs of shoes- spouse/SO- I think 12 if I'm counting correctly. Three pairs of work shoes and then casual ones, with a pair of hiking boots and a pair of flip-flops.

Work Pants- Around ten pairs, I think.

Sweaters/ Hoodies/ Zip front sweatshirt- Not more than 20, I don't think. Mostly nice wool ones and cardigans for the office.

Blankets At least 15. I'm a blanket hoarder.

Specialty kitchen appliances (crockpot, rotisserie, stand mixer, etc)- We don't have a lot of room, but I have a stand mixer with a million attachments, crockpot (that I never use), etc. We have two blenders because FI's protein shakes leave this gross film on the one.

Large kitchen bowls (plastic, metal, glass)- I think about 10. Totally unnecessary, although I do use some of them for serving.

Bakeware (casserole dishes, loaf pans, cookie sheets, etc)- I have a whole freestanding cabinet of bakeware (pans etc.), a cabinet of just casserole-type dishes, and an oven drawer full of baking sheets. But I do cook a lot and bake a lot and all of them get used, even all four of my loaf pans etc. 

Stuff that you NEVER use but keep just for guest use- I guess the only thing is we have a ton of glassware and rarely need all of it at once. 12 red wine balloons and 12 white wine glasses and 12 champagne etc., and our apartment is so small that I'd never host 12 people for something, really. My dinner parties are almost never more than 8.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah I can't even attempt to count all that.  Let's just say it's a ridiculous number of all the above.  I'm not sure my kids will ever have a place for clothes in this house since we currently use all the closets in all the bedrooms for our own clothes and shoes.

• Options

Pairs of shoes- you-I'd say about 50. Right now I'm trying to purge a lot of stuff, and also adopt the "bring something new in, take something old out"

Pairs of shoes- spouse/SO-   between 10 and 15 (not sure why this is bolded)

Work Pants- 5.  All were purchased for me by my work. Despite the crazy old lady dress code, they are nice enough to buy our suits for us.

Sweaters/ Hoodies/ Zip front sweatshirt- probably about 5.  I used to wear these all the time but I don't so much anymore.

Blankets (including spare comforters)- 3 that I can think of right now.

Specialty kitchen appliances (crockpot, rotisserie, stand mixer, etc)- 4:  Crock Pot, Blender, Kitchen Aid Mixer, Toaster Oven

Large kitchen bowls (plastic, metal, glass)- 3

Bakeware (casserole dishes, loaf pans, cookie sheets, etc)- A lot.  I'm not sure of an exact number.

Stuff that you NEVER use but keep just for guest use- I can't think of anything here...

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

I always felt like we didn't have much "extra" stuff in the house. We are good about throwing out/ donating items we don't use. Yet when we moved last weekend, we were shocked by how many boxes we filled. Even the neighbor came over and said "How much shit you got in that tiny house?!" So it made me wonder if I really do have too many of things or if I'm just average. How many do you have?

Pairs of shoes- you- about 40 This includes snow boots, running shoes, high heels, etc. I don't wear a majority of the heels.

Pairs of shoes- spouse/SO- about 5

Work Pants- about 4 (I wear skirts and dresses a lot)

Sweaters/ Hoodies/ Zip front sweatshirt- about 15 cardigans, 15 sweaters, and 8 or so hoodies

Blankets (including spare comforters)- I can't even count. We have 3 spare bedrooms plus a library with a packed up air mattress and linens for all of them... I honestly don't know.

Specialty kitchen appliances: kitchen aid, keurig, crock pot, food processor, panini maker, blender, steamer... if we have anything else, I don't use it enough to remember it right now.  

Large kitchen bowls (plastic, metal, glass)- 7. 6 stainless steel and one glass. We also have a pyrex storage set that I'm not counting.

Bakeware (casserole dishes, loaf pans, cookie sheets, etc)- oh god, no idea... too many. My Williams-Sonoma goldtouch stuff is my jam though.

Stuff that you NEVER use but keep just for guest use- um, our dining room? lol, unless we have guests, we eat at the kitchen table unless it's our anniversary or something. Certain serving dishes, I guess. But mostly, they use what we use.

*********************************************************************************

• Options
    Let's just say I'm glad you asked how many pairs of pants, and not dresses...
    I have waaaaaaaaay too much stuff!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    madamerwinmadamerwin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015

Pairs of shoes- you- About 15? But I only wear ~6 pairs on a regular basis (flip flops, one pair of heels, leather boat shoes, mary janes, running shoes, rain boots). The first four listed are Crocs, I have no shame. (Yes, I have Croc heels, they look better than they sound.)

Pairs of shoes- spouse/SO- 4 that he wears, unknown how many he doesn't wear

Work Pants- 4 pairs that I wear

Sweaters/ Hoodies/ Zip front sweatshirt- Good god. No idea. At least 10 hoodies, two zip-up fleeces, 4 crew neck sweatshirts that I can think of. Probably more shoved in the back of my closet.

Blankets (including spare comforters)- at least a dozen, half of which appeared out of thin air. Also, at least 4 afghans that we use.

Specialty kitchen appliances (crockpot, rotisserie, stand mixer, etc)- 8: crock pot, stand mixer, rice cooker, ice cream maker, pasta maker, popcorn maker, juicer, food processor.

Large kitchen bowls (plastic, metal, glass)- 8? Three large glass Pyrex, 3 metal, 2 plastic.

Bakeware (casserole dishes, loaf pans, cookie sheets, etc)- 20. 2 large rectangular glass, 1 square glass, 2 glass loaf pans, 1 springform pan, 3 round cake pans, 2 glass pie dishes, 1 casserole dish, 4 cookie sheets, 1 bundt pan, 3 muffin tins

Stuff that you NEVER use but keep just for guest use- Glasses and mugs. We have at least two tubs full of them. We are cup hoarders.

...And now I realize that we have way too much shit.

ETA more shit

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This thread just reminded me that we were gonna finish our house purge this weekend. I went crazy and started giving boxes and boxes and boxes of stuff to Goodwill to get rid of the clutter. Then I had 2 showers. So all the clutter came back. So now I'm getting rid of duplicate stuff (like the broken blender; now that I have a new one, the broken one can go) 

We wanted to at least try to have the house cleaned out and organized before we leave for our honeymoon so we don't have to come back to a chaotic mess. 

Cuz yeah all those things on your list? I don't even want to answer, because we have too much of all of it. Too much stuff in general. It's gotta go. 
  • Options
    @tfmrserwin I definitely had to just google croc heels. Not as bad as I expected but still pretty terrible hahaha sorry

• Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    jenna8984 said:

Pairs of shoes- you-  No idea.  Maybe 20?    About 7 are heels I rarely wear, but have to keep them around for the 1-3 times a year I do wear them.

Pairs of shoes- spouse/SO-  30-40?

Work Pants- well I work from home and mostly wear jeans.  I have 5 of those.  I have about 7 pairs of standard work clothes that haven't been worn in years.  Except for the black ones. I wear those when working banquets (so 10 times a year maybe?)

Sweaters/ Hoodies/ Zip front sweatshirt-   25?

Blankets (including spare comforters)- more then I can count.   We have at least 15 throws alone.  i just added 2  by buying an Amish quilt and then getting DH's grandma's quilt.  DH has his own blanket, I have my own comforter.  Then the spare room.    I really have no idea.  I'm guessing over 20.

Specialty kitchen appliances (crockpot, rotisserie, stand mixer, etc)-  crockpot, griddler, standing mixer, Soda Stream, toast/convection oven, toaster, food saver, small blender, waffle maker, keurig.  So 10?   I feel like I'm missing something. 

Large kitchen bowls (plastic, metal, glass)- 10 or more.   And yes you do need more then 2 bowls at the same time.

Bakeware (casserole dishes, loaf pans, cookie sheets, etc)-  no idea.  10 casserole dishes alone.   Cookie sheets another 4-5.  1 loaf pan.  Not sure how many pizza pans, roasting pans we have.

Stuff that you NEVER use but keep just for guest use- the spare bedroom, which includes a TV.  I never go in there.  Although the rescue claimed it as his room.   

I have some platters, bowls and other entertaining stuff we only use for guests.   but it's more that it's just no need for a larger platter for just 2 of us.   The more food you cook, the more need for larger bowls and platters.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lovegood90lovegood90 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    jenna8984 said:

Pairs of shoes- you- around 25.

Pairs of shoes- spouse/SO- 10-15 (we're shoe people!)

Work Pants- around 3-4 - I'm a dress person

Sweaters/ Hoodies/ Zip front sweatshirt- just casual sweatshirts-10-15. Sweaters that are work appropriate/fancier, I have no clue but not that much

Blankets (including spare comforters)- 5

Specialty kitchen appliances around 4-5, but we use them every day- blender, toaster oven, etc. The only 2 we never use are the hand mixer for baking and the sandwich press (seriously have never used this haha).

Large kitchen bowls (plastic, metal, glass)- 6

Bakeware (casserole dishes, loaf pans, cookie sheets, etc)- only 2 or 3, and they're super beat up. I definitely could use an upgrade!

Stuff that you NEVER use but keep just for guest use- nothing that I can think of, except our spare comforter.

ETA: wow! I guess I don't have as much stuff as I thought, reading some of these responses! I guess that's because most of my household stuff is gifted from my parents when I first graduated school and I never really upgraded them, so they were the bare minimum. And SO never had a lot of stuff either.

In terms of clothes, I always feel like I have a lot but I always realize most of my money/hoarding goes towards makeup/beauty stuff instead, haha.

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

@tfmrserwin I definitely had to just google croc heels. Not as bad as I expected but still pretty terrible hahaha sorry

I swear the ones I have are better looking that the ones that show up online now - they look like really plain black heels with one criss-cross strap... But yeah, I get a lot of shit for how many pairs of Crocs I own. I do NOT own the clogs, however.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jenna8984 These are what the Croc boat shoes look like. I seriously love these shoes. They are the most comfortable shoes I own.

I figure that since no one notices I wear Crocs almost all the time, they can't be THAT bad...?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Pairs of shoes- you- In my closet right now? Probably around 30. Including the ones in storage? Easily over 200.

Pairs of shoes- spouse/SO- 10? 15?

Work Pants- At least a dozen

Sweaters/ Hoodies/ Zip front sweatshirt- Sweaters, 40ish. Hoodies/sweatshirts, 15

Blankets (including spare comforters)- There are 7 on the bed right now, 2 on the couch, 1 in each car (3), 3 in the closet, and a few in storage bins. We had 2 week-long power outages in consecutive years where there was snow/ice involved, so we tend to keep a lot of blankets around now - just in case.

Specialty kitchen appliances (crockpot, rotisserie, stand mixer, etc)- I have 3 crockpots (1 big and 2 small). Oh, and a really old hand mixer and a stick blender. I'm kind of old fashioned.

Large kitchen bowls (plastic, metal, glass)- 3, and they mostly get used to hold chips, pretzels, and popcorn when people come over.

Bakeware (casserole dishes, loaf pans, cookie sheets, etc)- about 10 combined. Again I feel like I will never need all of these?

Stuff that you NEVER use but keep just for guest use- There's my fine china, crystal, and flatware. Large pitchers/carafes and serving platters. We rotate our linens and things so it's not like we have things specifically for guests (our air mattress is the same size as our regular mattress so same sheets, we have 4 sets of towels we rotate, etc.). We only have one bathroom so I'm not keeping extra toiletries around or anything.

~*~*~*~*~

• Options

Pairs of shoes- you- I have at least 20 flip flops, 10+ boots, 6-7 crocs, 12ish sneakers, at least 5 slippers...

Pairs of shoes- spouse/SO- about 5-7

Work Pants- I don't "go anywhere" to work, so I have about 4 pairs of dress pants, 1 still with tags that I'm debating returning

Sweaters/ Hoodies/ Zip front sweatshirt- Easily 50, probably 75 if I count the ones in the attic that don't fit me ATM

Blankets (including spare comforters)- Not counting dog blankets, at least 10.  FI and I use separate blankets when we sleep though. 

Specialty kitchen appliances (crockpot, rotisserie, stand mixer, etc)-  Coffee machine, toaster oven, Griddler, blender, mini food processor

Large kitchen bowls (plastic, metal, glass)-  How "large" are we talking?  I have I think 9 of the 7 cup pyrex, but I don't consider them large bowls, we use those daily.  I have a 3 set of glass, 1 ceramic, 3 plastic, 1 metal, and 1 plastic with a pour spout.  I also just bought 2 platters and a matching serving dish.  I also registered for 3 platters, so I have to just pick a fiesta color and eliminate the other 2.

Bakeware (casserole dishes, loaf pans, cookie sheets, etc)-  6-8 cookie sheets, 4 casserole type pans, 2 smaller casserole pans, 2 square casserole pans, 1 pie plate, 1 pizza stone.   Registered for 1 lasagna pan and 1 more pie plate

Stuff that you NEVER use but keep just for guest use-  Well, this is for "way future guest use" bc I have never used my 2 sets of fiesta dishes, or 1 4 setting of china.  More often I would say I just have instant coffee and fake sugar around for my family.  I also have extra plastic pitchers for parties in the basement.

Have I mentioned that I don't even cook??? And we didn't get around to the pots and pans and my 3 colanders :-P

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

@tfmrserwin I can get on board with those- they look like my Sperry's.

@luckya23 holy crap you have so much lol

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

@tfmrserwin I can get on board with those- they look like my Sperry's.

@luckya23 holy crap you have so much lol

Tell me about it, and I haven't had my 2 showers yet :-P

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

Pairs of shoes- you- 8 good shoes - 5 heels, 2 flip flops (work-suitable ones), 1 tennis shoes. Plus a pair of "yard-work" tennis shoes I bought right after the fire and three pair of shoes I will never wear again that were donated to us.

Pairs of shoes- spouse/SO- Three. Nonskid work shoes, nice black dress shoes, and a pair of grey Sketchers that were nice enough when he bought them but have DEFINITELY seen better days.

Work Pants- 3 pair, plus jeans. 

Sweaters/ Hoodies/ Zip front sweatshirt- I have a thing. I like hoodies. I have a bunch of them, from just about everywhere we've gone. I lost two or three in the fire (2 from NYC and 1 from Hawaii) but I have 4 NYC hoodies, a Savannah hoodie, a Panama City Beach hoodie, and a Paris hoodie. I also have a sweatshirt with the Revolver cover on it from Abbey Road, which is the stand-in for my London hoodie. I also have two or three short-sleeved cardigans for work, although I only can find one. I'm supposed to have a red, a black, and a white, but the white is the only one I know where is. I also have two nice true Ralph Lauren pullover sweaters I got for a song at TJ Maxx.

Blankets (including spare comforters)- Entirely too many. I've got another thing for throws. Only one comforter though.

Specialty kitchen appliances I have an ANCIENT Oster Kitchen Center. It is my life as far as kitchen gadgetry goes. I love it. It can do ANYTHING. I need to replace the blender carafe on it though, it broke.... FI also has a crockpot that has been in storage for almost a year. I want it out bad, but it makes no sense since we'll be moving no later than November.

Large kitchen bowls I have two for my Kitchen Center - a small one and a big one. 

Bakeware (casserole dishes, loaf pans, cookie sheets, etc)- Let's see. Two 9" rounds, a loaf pan, a 13"x9" sheet cake pan, a 24-mini muffin tin, a 12-cupcake tin, a cookie sheet (only one, and I need like three more), and a pizza pan. FI has a set of casseroles. I also have a horrid set of pots and pans that I'm getting rid of (likely by "forgetting" them when we move. My mom needs them more than I do anyway). 

Stuff that you NEVER use but keep just for guest use- ....people have stuff only guests use?

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I have no fucking clue. LOTS.
  • Options
    For bowls: I can use eight mixing bowls at once for various cooking/baking things. We also have two crockpots that get used on a regular basis as well as my stand mixer.
  • Options

Pairs of shoes- you- about 40

Pairs of shoes- spouse/SO- about 12

Work Pants- literally 0 that fit right now (i gained too much of what I'm calling "honeymoon weight")  I've just been wearing dresses.  Of which I probably have 30

Sweaters/ Hoodies/ Zip front sweatshirt- Maybe 15.  like 7-8 nice sweaters, a couple causal, and a couple grungy ones for working out or sleeping in.

Blankets  10

Specialty kitchen appliances I have everything I could possibly think of except a stand mixer.  And I use ALL OF THEM.  

Large kitchen bowls 3 porcelain, 3 plastic, 10 glass (multiple size pyrex set, some are big, some are not)

Bakeware all sizes and shapes.  Glass, ceramic, metal.  Again, it all gets used probably once every couple weeks.  

Stuff that you NEVER use but keep just for guest use- Really nothing....  Even comforters and things like that, I rotate in our room too.  I have more extra toiletries like deodorant, toothbrushes, etc because our family comes to stay with us fairly often and I always hate when I forget stuff like that.  IT will get used eventually though.  

• Options
    edited April 2015

Pairs of shoes- you- 11- 4 dress flats, 1 pair flip flops, 1 pair casual shoes, 1 pair running shoes, 1 pair golashes, 1 pair uggs, 1 pair massive snow boots, 1 pair heels

Pairs of shoes- spouse/SO- about 10

Work Pants- 5; I regularly wear 4 of them

Sweaters/ Hoodies/ Zip front sweatshirt- 5 sweaters, 3 cardigans, 3 Hoodies that I rarely wear.

Blankets (including spare comforters)- We have 2 sheet sets for winter and two for spring. 1 comforter for spring, 1 for winter, and a feather comforter for winter. We have a blanket on the couch

Specialty kitchen appliances (crockpot, rotisserie, stand mixer, etc)- crockpot, stand mixer, rice cooker, small blender (all regularly used).

Large kitchen bowls (plastic, metal, glass)- One set of glass nesting mixing bowls; we've used almost every size; 2 serving bowls, one popcorn bowl- we've used all of them. We also have a lot of Pyrex since we cook almost all the week's meals on the weekend and they need to be stored; we also use them to bring lunch to work since we're anti plastic for the most part.

Bakeware 1 cookie sheet, 1 jelly roll pan, 1 loaf pan, 1 cupcake pan, 1 rectangle cake pan; I'm hoping to get 2 round cake pans for wedding gifts. We have used them all.

Stuff that you NEVER use but keep just for guest use- we have yet to have guests and probably won't since out apartment is TINY. We do have a whole shelf of coffee mugs that are rarely used outside of winter Months

This is what happens when you live in a tiny tiny place. I said that after a year in the place if I didn't use it it would go. We've been there about 8 months and I can only think of one thing I havn't used yet- a garlic "shredder" that's actually a dish you pour EVOO into and use to dip bread. I have kicked myself for it too because I've eaten that at least 4 times since we moved in.

ETF: auto correct errors
  • Options
    Pairs of shoes- you- I honestly don't know...15, maybe? How many do I wear? 3. 

Pairs of shoes- spouse/SO- about 5

Work Pants- I am a stay at home mom. Before that I was a grad student/TA. I wore jeans. I now wear yoga pants... 

Sweaters/ Hoodies/ Zip front sweatshirt- 10ish. 

Blankets (including spare comforters)- 5 (not including baby blankets). 

Specialty kitchen appliances (crockpot, rotisserie, stand mixer, etc)- 3 (blender, toaster oven, stand mixer).

Large kitchen bowls - 3 

Bakeware (casserole dishes, loaf pans, cookie sheets, etc)- about 6. 

Stuff that you NEVER use but keep just for guest use- Nice dishes (set of 12), guest towels (set of 4), 1 vase, 1 set of candlesticks (we have used all of these things when guests come for dinner or stay with us)
  • Options

Pairs of shoes- you- somewhere around 50. When we first looked at our house I called dibs on the linen closet for my shoes and FI though I was crazy. Then he helped me pack. Once he saw 4 boxes of shoes he gladly have me my shoe closet.

Pairs of shoes- spouse/SO- Four pairs, his vans, dress shoes, hiking boots, and flip flops.

Work Pants- 1 pair that hasn't fit in years. I hate pants I basically live in dresses.

Sweaters/ Hoodies/ Zip front sweatshirt- three maybe? I may have tossed one one in the donation pile. I usually just steal FI's sweatshirts.

Blankets (including spare comforters)- two throws, including one my grandma made me and an SF giants snuggie. Comforters WAY too many. There are currently three on my bed, one on my couch, and a 20 gallon Rubbermaid container with at least 5 more. When I didn't have easy access to a washer I just went to Ross or TJ Max and bought a new bed set.

Specialty kitchen appliances Kitchenaid mixer, 9 quart food processor, mini food processor, 3 crock pots, and a rotisserie/grill thing.

Large kitchen bowls-Four, none of them match.

Bakeware (casserole dishes, loaf pans, cookie sheets, etc) a metric crap ton? I have a cabinet stuffed. Assorted cookie sheets, different size cake pans, bunt cake pan, tons of cupcake tins, 5 pie plates, pizza pan, 3 casserole dishes, bread pans, and a stack of those silicon mats.

Stuff that you NEVER use but keep just for guest use- ....I have boxes of stuff that's here used, but not for guest use either. I have a handful of fancy towels that come out when people come over and my china is reserved for guest but that's it.
  • Options
    Not counting, because I started to feel extreme shame on the sweater count. 
    If anyone needs to borrow a cardigan, we're good. All colors and styles available, from beaded 50s vintage to modern. Classic to decorative. I'm the Queen of frikking Cardiganland. 

Only one hoody, but it's a magical one, because it's uber cute and soft and has kind of an asymmetrical ruffle swing front and cool snaps and I swear takes ten pounds off. And I always feel smarter and younger in it. I want another one, in another color. 

(Regular hoodies I don't buy because I can steal from my son.)

I also feel bakeware shame. Decorative cake pan shame, in particular.
  • Options
    @ohannabelle I want to share your cardigans!!

And I forgot to count bundt pans, tube pans, springform pans, tart pans, donut pans... basically if there's a type of pan, I have it. And I use it.

Except the fancy castle pans. Need those.

• Options
    LadyMillilLadyMillil member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

Pairs of shoes- you- 20

Pairs of shoes- spouse/SO- about 10 

Work Pants- 5 plus 1 pair of leggings, 3 pairs of fancypants 

Sweaters/ Hoodies/ Zip front sweatshirt- 5 sweaters, 5 zip-ups/hoodies, a zillion cardigans

Blankets (including spare comforters)- 8

Specialty kitchen appliances (crockpot, rotisserie, stand mixer, etc)- crockpot, mini crockpot stand mixer with ice cream maker, pasta maker, and gourmet attachment packs, blender, hand mixer, Tassimo, waffle iron, toaster oven 

Large kitchen bowls (plastic, metal, glass)- 3 

Bakeware 2 cookie sheets, 2 loaf pans, 1 cupcake pan, 1 rectangle cake pan, pizza pan, pie plate, mini cupcake pan, 3 glass casserole dishes, 4 mini loaf pans, 1 speciality giant cupcake pan, 1 oreo cake pan

Stuff that you NEVER use but keep just for guest use- I rarely use my cheeseboard. I got 2 sets of 6 steak knives one year for Christmas and wasn't able to exchange either, so I have 6 steak knives in my knife block and an unopened 6 in my silverware drawer.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Living in a one-bedroom apartment that we just moved into, I can honestly say we don't have much extra stuff. I probably have a dozen pairs of shoes, a couple of which I don't wear much and could stand to get rid of. Unless you count an extra comforter and set of sheets they can use if they crash on our futon, we don't keep anything for guest use. 

Except maybe a giant mess of cables that H insists on keeping just in case but never seem to actually come in handy when he needs a cable for X, resulting in more cables being bought. 
  • Options

Pairs of shoes- you- 10-12.

Pairs of shoes- spouse/SO- 5?

Work Pants- 5

Sweaters/ Hoodies/ Zip front sweatshirt- 10

Blankets (including spare comforters)- 6. I WISH it was 5, FI has this awful, thin, nothing-blanket that he swears is a comforter because it has fancy stitching, but it is no thicker than a sheet. GTFO I hate it.

Specialty kitchen appliances (crockpot, rotisserie, stand mixer, etc)- 1 crockpot, 1 NutriBullet

Large kitchen bowls (plastic, metal, glass)- I have a weird rainbow set I NEVER use...I think there are 7 bowls of varying sizes. Plus the only mixing bowl I do use...so 8 total.

Bakeware (casserole dishes, loaf pans, cookie sheets, etc)- 9...Oh god. Why do I need 3 cookie sheets and two pie pans?

Stuff that you NEVER use but keep just for guest use- Well, we haven't accumulated much that we don't use, except for some melted wine bottle plates for serving cheese and shit on. Sometimes FI likes to use them when he feels fancy, but our apartment is just too small for company so they rarely come out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards