Chit Chat

Poll: Pooping in public restrooms

emmaaaemmaaa mod
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited April 2015 in Chit Chat
Kind off a spinoff from the cleaning thread.

Do you poop in public restrooms?

Poll: Pooping in public restrooms 137 votes

Yes. If I have to go, I have to go
64% 88 votes
Never
1% 2 votes
Only if it's an emergency pooping situation
32% 44 votes
I like turtles
0% 1 vote
Other? Explain
1% 2 votes

Re: Poll: Pooping in public restrooms

• Only in an extreme emergency situation and even then, there CANNOT be another person in the room. I am 100% aware that it's crazy but my body is conditioned to just not have to poop unless I can do it alone and at home.
  • Oh, I will poop any and everywhere. It may have to do with the fact that I battled bad constipation issues most of my life (sorry, TMI). But if I have to go, I have to go.

H will not, under any circumstances, poop in public.
  • I'm very regular.   Pretty much every morning 20-30 minutes after I wake up.  I wake up at various times, so it's not the same time everyday.

If I have the need to poop in public, then it's something that isn't going to wait until later.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • If I have to go, I have to go.  If in public, or at work, I will wait to release until I'm the only one in there.  But holding it? That ain't healthy.. It can't be.
  • lyndausvi said:

I'm very regular.   Pretty much every morning 20-30 minutes after I wake up.  I wake up at various times, so it's not the same time everyday.

If I have the need to poop in public, then it's something that isn't going to wait until later.
    This is me. I poop every morning so I normally don't need to go in public. But if I have to poop, I have no problem using a public restroom.

• I will, but I will try to wait until everyone's gone. Something about having other people around, I just can't, especially while at work! The worst is playing the waiting game when someone else is sitting in the stall waiting for you to leave too...ughhh.

Totally this.  I will try my ABSOLUTE hardest to wait until the bathroom is empty.  It's also bad when it's the single bathroom on the 3rd floor at work.  Either someone's in there... and I have to wait.  OR I go in there, and someone's WAITING.  UGH!  Please don't come in here right after I've pooped!

SaveSave
  • sarahufl said:

Oh, I will poop any and everywhere. It may have to do with the fact that I battled bad constipation issues most of my life (sorry, TMI). But if I have to go, I have to go.

H will not, under any circumstances, poop in public.

You and me both! I do not hold in the poo under any circumstance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Me at work:

I pretty much have no problems pooping anywhere. Everybody poops.
    That gif. Love.
  • Me at work:

H loves to poop at work because he loves saying that he gets paid to poop lol. He will go anywhere and everywhere. Boy has no shame in his pooping game.
  • Me at work:

H loves to poop at work because he loves saying that he gets paid to poop lol. He will go anywhere and everywhere. Boy has no shame in his pooping game.
    DH likes to poop at work too.   He feels the need to call and tell me.  Like I'm keeping a log or something.

He can't in other public restrooms unless they are empty.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • doeydo said:

It's a toilet for the using, so I have no idea why people hold their shit in all day until they get home.

AMEN

• Yes, I poop in public restrooms. 

I used to care about the work bathroom being empty to poop. Not as much anymore. Unless I'm feeling sick and I know the toilet bowl echo fart is coming. If I anticipate that, I will wait until the place empties out. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Me at work:

9am coffee = don't schedule 10am meetings.

QFT
  • I don't LOVE doing it at work, but what am I, a machine? I go when I gotsta.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I have no problem in a public restroom or at work. No point holding it unless I know for a fact that I'm going to be home in 15 minutes, like walking out of a restaurant to head home.

@lyndausvi We also have very regular pooping schedules. So when we have to be somewhere really early like a flight, H & I set our alarms with an extra hour for possible pooping time before leaving the house/hotel. If we are booked on a day tour like a 10 hour coach bus, I will hardly eat anything the night before and nothing the entire day on the bus. Because most of the ones we went on in Europe didn't have bathrooms and I wasn't going to be the person who makes the bus pull over so I can shit.

• I used to be so weird about pooping. Now I go whenever/wherever I need to. Sure it is uncomfortable sometimes, but so is shitting your pants which is the only other alternative for me.

H has no shame. He loves pooping (TMI) He will be in the bathroom for 30 minutes at a time, so he usually only does it at home.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Me at work:

I think if H had an office job he would get fired for staying in the bathroom way too long.  Some days he will be in there for 45 minutes.  When he comes out I ask "are you feeling alright?"  His response is "yeah, feel great, I just love to poop!"

• jenna8984 said:

I have no problem in a public restroom or at work. No point holding it unless I know for a fact that I'm going to be home in 15 minutes, like walking out of a restaurant to head home.

@lyndausvi We also have very regular pooping schedules. So when we have to be somewhere really early like a flight, H & I set our alarms with an extra hour for possible pooping time before leaving the house/hotel. If we are booked on a day tour like a 10 hour coach bus, I will hardly eat anything the night before and nothing the entire day on the bus. Because most of the ones we went on in Europe didn't have bathrooms and I wasn't going to be the person who makes the bus pull over so I can shit.

When I'm at home, and have ample time in the morning to enjoy my coffee first thing out of bed I'm very regular, but if I have to get ready in a rush, and can't have a minute to sip and savor my coffee, then I won't be pooping that day.

Traveling always throws me off, in that sometimes it will be a few days before I get the urge to go, and I don't understand that.

• Yep. All poop all the time.
  • Yeah, I am in and out in like 2 minutes. H takes reading material. And is gone for 30 minutes. I can't figure it out.

He is also (TMI alert) super loud and farty. Our bathroom is ensuite and I always make him turn on the radio if I am already in bed.
  • I gotta go, I gotta go.

What I don't understand are people who need like 40 minutes to poop.  Unless you have some kind of digestive issue, you need to eat more fiber, man. 

• I am super uptight about discussing bathrooms and what happens in them (unless it's with my doctor), but I once I am in the bathroom, that's what they are for.  Whatever unpleasant bodily function that needs to happen will happen.  I maintain a polite fiction in regards to public bathrooms, I pretend I don't hear or see or smell anything that happens in there.  Because that is what the bathroom is for.

• Me at work:

I think if H had an office job he would get fired for staying in the bathroom way too long.  Some days he will be in there for 45 minutes.  When he comes out I ask "are you feeling alright?"  His response is "yeah, feel great, I just love to poop!"
    hahhaha sounds like my husband. He like forgets he's pooping and just chills on the toilet playing on his phone. It'll be like 45 minutes and I'm like are you done yet- I'm gunna pee my pants out here waiting and he will be like "oh why didn't you say something sooner, I'm just sitting here". Fuck dude- that's what the couch is for!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards