November 2015 Weddings

Booked all the big stuff!

I'm really excited. As of this morning, we have all our STD's sent out and all the major vendors are booked. Of course there's still tons more to do (and pay for) but all the big details are now taken care of! Now to worry about the little details...

Where are y'all at in your progress?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Booked all the big stuff!

• I just made my first purchase! LOL A whopping $3 for pens for my STDs! 

I am planning on purchasing my STDs at the end of the month.

I have my church and reception site picked out. I also have a potential photographer picked out. We are pretty much going very minimal and only what we feel like is necessary. I still have to talk to my brother about being involved in the wedding party! 
    11/21/2012 - Chapter 1: The Text
    10/23/2014 - Chapter 2: The Proposal
    11/21/2015 - Chapter 3: The Wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I've been WAY type A over everything and have almost all the big stuff done!
    Photographer, videographer, venue, cake, dress, menswear, save the dates sent, invites and programs ordered, bridesmaids gifts ordered, with some other random stuff too!
  • We've booked almost all the big stuff too! The only thing we have not booked yet is our DJ, but we're paying that deposit within the month. Now all we have to worry about is getting the linens for the tables and stuff for the centerpieces, plus paying everything off. 

Basically, in the planning process, we're just kind of floating along paying everything off until it's time to kick everything into gear. Centerpieces won't take long and we have the whole day to decorate the venue for the evening. 
  • How's everyone doing? I feel like things are slow going at times. 

Have my church and reception site picked out. Waiting on the reception site to update my menu. We decided to change a couple of things (a few awesome suggestions from our cater) and add our dessert options.

We had our second meeting with our pastor. I always get so nervous before our meetings and they always seem to go so well afterwards. This meeting was to talk about our family trees and who will be at the wedding and the types of relationships we have with our families. It was also for the pastor to get an idea of what time of family we have (we are members of the church but our families are not). It was pretty interesting too because our pastor gave us some advice for walking down the aisle and standing at the altar. He even walked us through the process and we pretended to walk down the aisle which was really helpful to feel it out before the rehearsal and just the three of us there.

I still have to speak to a florist to get an idea of what we want and how much it will cost. And we have a meeting with a potential (probably will book, I've used her before) photographer this weekend.

Fiance finally has his ring and I still need to order mine. Looking to go with Blue Nile, if anyone has any opinions.

November 21st can not come soon enough!

• arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    @NicRen17 - Yes, it seems to be a slow time right now. Once all of the big stuff is taken care of, there seems to be a lull until you send out the invites. Then you're able to take care of the smaller things like seating charts, meal tallies, etc. At least that is where I'm at right now. The month before the wedding will be very busy with final meetings with florists, DJs, officiants, and cake bakers.

We purchased our wedding bands last week. Blue Nile is great--FI bought my engagement ring from them and we were both really happy with it and their service. I was originally going to go with them for my wedding band, but wasn't really finding anything that suited me within the price range I wanted. FI and I both ended up buying our bands off of Amazon for awesome prices. FI went with a Tungsten Carbide ring, which jewelry stores were quoting him anywhere between $250-$350. He got the EXACT SAME one on Amazon for $16.99!

This is what I ended up buying from Gemorie via Amazon, and I love it. Originally around $1500 on the Gemorie website. Got it on Amazon for $470.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• NicRen17NicRen17 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2015

My FI and I did the same for his ring! Tungsten Carbide from Amazon. We had difficulty with his thought because he's been losing weight and his fingers kept getting smaller each time we resized! But we are good now! Great returns with Amazon on that aspect also!

I love your piece! I am looking at a diamond and sapphire band on BN. I have super small fingers so whatever I get I have to get almost custom-made (size 3.25) and BN had a band I love that is already set at 3.5 just to order offline so all I have to do is call them and just place an order over the phone! I just have to get the nerve to do it. It'll be our biggest purchase for the wedding so far... EEEKKK!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards