Ohio-Northeast

Park Venues

Good Day Brides!

I am newly engaged as or Easter Sunday and am trying to plan an Ohio wedding from California. I am having trouble finding venues that excite my fiancé and I. Our vision is a Bar-B-Q picnic reception - simple and fun. My family is from the Canton area, his family is from the Portsmouth area so central Ohio would be mid-way for all, but we are not opposed to having it closer to one family than the other(and I also posted this in the Columbus board).

Our wedding budget is $10,000- $12,000. For the venue, we would love to be able to have the reception outside, but since Ohio has crazy weather, would need an indoor plan B option available (no indoor option would be a deal breaker). We would also like to have (but not necessary), a venue that has a ceremony space as well.

We are planning about 100 guests, We have found restaurant catering that we are excited about so allowing outside catering would be a plus, and this will be a dry wedding.

Thank you all in advance.

Re: Park Venues

• I'm not familiar with that area so I can't give you specific names. I would suggest check on venues that are available for rental if there are any state and/or local park systems in that area. Many parks have locations that have buidlings with kitchens you can rent. Also check with the cities in the area you are looking at to see what type of rental venues the cities have. I know in some of the cities up where I live along the lake, some of the cities have some beautiful cities owned properties and buildings that get rented for weddings all the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards