Wedding Woes

Friday!

What's up for the weekend?  We have a lot of stupid stuff.  DH is off today.  He's doing yardwork while I take 2&3 to the zoo.  I really want to go to Michaels and Kohl's, but I also don't want to bother because it always turns out more annoying than it was worth.

I have petty annoyances with the ILs that I can't seem to shake and they are too stupid to even talk about.

Re: Friday!

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Oh and the source of the botulism outbreak in my hometown was some tainted canning items.  Now my mom is sending me all kinds of crap about being safe while canning.  Thanks mom.
  • My mom and your mom = same.  My mom totally does that stuff to me.  They just can't stop the mom-ing.  ;)

Weekend is looking pretty wide open.  YAY.  It's supposed to storm all day tomorrrow.  So I think I may hit up Costco tonight.  We need to continue to work on plans for our minibarn that's going up memorial day weekend. 

• It's supposed to storm all day tomorrrow. 

Here, too.  I just checked the hourly forecast, and they're saying 80% chance when we have to show up for soccer pics, 85% by the time DD's game starts.  Ugh.  Just, ugh.  But weather looks much better for an outing Sunday.  I could stay home and get shit done, because we're supposed to leave for Atlanta next Friday for a long weekend with the ILs, but...nah.  I think we're doing the outing.
  • Today I have to go to Target, Aldi and Sam's.  If I was by myself, it would be a breeze.  DD2 is great to take shopping but she can only take so much.  I don't have much time to break up the trip into two different outings, though.

Son has a game tonight and tomorrow early afternoon.  We have tentative plans to do something with friends tomorrow night.

Sunday we are heading to my hometown for our niece's birthday party.
  • Generally, your botulism come from pressure canning low acid items (green beans always seem to be the culprit), where the seal wasn't appropriate.  The boiling water method you can use for high acid stuffs (anything you're pickling, tomatoes, etc), you hear the lid pop and it's sealed.  You can also test it by picking the jar up with just the flat part (you'll take the rings off when finished) and if it doesn't drop on you, it's sealed.  As long as you keep everything clean and sterilized, it's not an issue.  And with a family of 3, I'm sure you'll use stuff fast enough it won't be a worry.  I threw out some ketchup that was 2 years old and I just didn't feel comfortable with it anymore.

We have community gardening tomorrow.  Sunday the university is doing Verdi's Requiem.  I have always wanted to hear that live, so I'm going.  I cannot wait to thrill to that Dies Irae.  I might have to listen to it today in preparation.  Tonight is nothing, thankfully.  Have some work to do for the group on the computer and that's about it.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2015
    VarunaTT said:

Sunday the university is doing Verdi's Requiem.  I have always wanted to hear that live, so I'm going.  I cannot wait to thrill to that Dies Irae.  I might have to listen to it today in preparation.  
    JEALOUS! 

When I was a freshman, I did colorguard and the halftime show for the marching band that  season was Requiem.  Dies Irae was the most thrilling routine to do.  :) 

ETA:  Just dorked out at my desk remembering the routine.  SO glad I work from home.  
  • Today is my working Friday, and my head is all messed up. (It feels stuffy, but my ears and sinuses are fine). The pressure is giving me a headache, so I took one of my migraine pills as soon as I got to the office - if this doesn't clear up by lunchtime, I think I'll just take my laptop home. 

DK asked me last night if I was up for a date on Saturday, so we made reservations at a nicer restaurant that specializes in wild game. http://rainbow-lodge.com/default.asp
    They update the menu on a seasonal basis, so will be interesting to see what they have.

Sunday is the memorial service/celebration of life for my mentor. I think I'm going to wear a dark gray skirt suit with a medium teal shirt - it's more formal without being too somber. It's mid-afternoon in one of the trendier areas of town, so I'm having DK and Wolverine drop me off/pick me up, and then we'll go out for an early dinner at one of the fun restaurants in the area. 
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Not sure what is on the agenda for the weekend since the weather looks so sketchy.

What SHOULD be on the agenda:

H is setting roof trusses on the garage with a crew.  I will make sure to provide breakfast and lunch.  And possibly go on a memorial bike ride while he does all of that.  That's why I'm doing chicken chili and dream bars for lunch.  Easy peasy.

But since the weather looks downright questionable....we'll see.

Other news:  H clearly doesnt' understand the female body...I offered to show him my chart and mansplain things to him, but he was all dismissive about it---so yeah.  :-/  I think I'll just insist on showing him at some point, because dude didn't really understand.  I guess I'm just more comfortable with biology and your body following certain patterns, and he's all "YOU COULD GET TEHPREGNANTS AT ANY TIME".  No dude, it doesn't work that way.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    I got an administrative assistant gift today.  Completely unnecessary and unexpected, but it was really nice.  It makes me think maybe the little notes to the teachers don't go unnoticed.
  • Today's crazy busy -- we're picking up some donor milk then I have an acupuncture appointment. While I'm there, husband and my dad are picking up a new table for our house. Afterward, we're going to lunch to celebrate my birthday, which is next Friday, with my in-laws. After that, we're picking up a Mamaroo from a person on Craigslist. We have a Snugapuppy that Soren loves, but my husband has become completely obsessed with the Mamaroo. It'll work well in the media room at our renovated house, so I'm not complaining. I'm hoping we'll get this all done before the storms come, but that may be a pipe dream.

Soren's down to getting about eight ounces of either formula or donor milk a day. I wish he didn't supplement at all, but that's about half of what he used to supplement. I'm going back to work on 5/4 and crossing my fingers so hard that the stress of it doesn't make my supply drop. My mom is taking care of him the first month so I'm not fretting about his care since she's been taking care of him since he was born, so hopefully that will help.

• GBCKGBCK member
    If it's helpful, I still preach on the helpfulness of pumping while driving.  It lets you add in another pump session (and if you've got a long commute, 1.5 pump sessions) without eating up time.

• Yeah, I have a feeling I'm going to be a two pump girl. I have a hospital grade Spectra for use at work, but I also have a Medela Freestyle that I'll probably use to pump to work just to get every last drop. I want to be full when I get home so I can nurse him on arrival.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    I was wondering about you juche.  Sounds like things are getting marginally better.  Good luck going back. 
  • 6fsn said:

I was wondering about you juche.  Sounds like things are getting marginally better.  Good luck going back. 

I've just been wallowing in situational depression. I'm still angry at my scumbag breasts for what they can't seem to do right.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards