Chit Chat

FRIDAY!!

At work waiting for a conference call to start so I thought I'd hop on here! What's everyone doing this weekend?

Tonight after work I am setting up for my BFF's bridal shower and then date night with the FI.

Tomorrow I have the shower (Friends themed so I am SO excited) and then my brother, sister and I are having a siblings night-going out to a nice dinner then going to watch a movie at my house.

Sunday we are taking advantage of having my sister in town and having a family breakfast. It'll be a busy weekend but I am excited.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FRIDAY!!

• Mani pedi after work! Then no major plans this weekend. Will probably do some cleaning and maybe some honeymoon planning. Hoping to get FI to go to the barber Saturday morning. He's starting to look like a sheep dog.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Today is my last day of work before the wedding!!! And probably the last day I'll be on TK for a while... :(

My weekend consists of finishing up packing, getting my nails done, and going to bed at an insanely early hour to catch my 630 am flight on Sunday.

Can't wait to see the pictures! :) It's going to be gorgeous.

• I drank too much champagne last night so I'm pretty tired this morning. 

I think we're just grilling out today. FI's parents are coming Saturday to tour our rehearsal dinner and wedding venues. Sunday FI agreed to FINALLY discuss wedding music. That man cannot make decisions to save his life :-P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Today is my last day of work before the wedding!!! And probably the last day I'll be on TK for a while... :(

My weekend consists of finishing up packing, getting my nails done, and going to bed at an insanely early hour to catch my 630 am flight on Sunday.

Can't wait to see the pictures! :) It's going to be gorgeous.
    Thanks @mikenberger I'll post them as soon as I can!
  • A Friend's themed shower sounds awesome!

Going to a workout class after work, then it's hockey playoff time! Tomorrow I'm getting my hair trimmed (it grows so fast!) then gonna go for a bike ride with the SO. We might go out with some friends at night but who knows.

Formerly martha1818

• larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    Here comes my last free weekend until after my honeymoon. 

I will spend it cleaning.

:\
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• littlepep said:

I drank too much champagne last night so I'm pretty tired this morning. 

I think we're just grilling out today. FI's parents are coming Saturday to tour our rehearsal dinner and wedding venues. Sunday FI agreed to FINALLY discuss wedding music. That man cannot make decisions to save his life :-P

I love champagne.  It tastes so good, and makes me feel fancy.

However, some of the worst hangovers I've had stemmed from champagne... It's a tired, crappy feeling like none other.

• @plainjane0415 Have a wonderful wedding! We can't wait to see pictures :)
  • @plainjane0415 Have a wonderful wedding! We can't wait to see pictures :)

Thank you so much! @cupcait927
  • Congrats to all of our upcoming Knottie Brides! Y'all will be beautiful!

I have 3 interviews to conduct this morning. Then I'm finally going to the DMV to get my name changed (went to the SS office yesterday). I am working tonight for a movie in the park event I run.

Then I work tomorrow morning for a street festival where I'm in charge of a kids event.

After that I have to rush home and straighten the house and re-vacuum the inevitable dog fun tumbleweeds that will appear tonight. I'll probably do a quick clean in the bathroom even though I did it Wednesday. 

We're hosting a potluck supper tomorrow night for my BFF's birthday because her house was too small. Since I'm working that morning, I only have to make green beans and mashed potatoes (I usually make a meat dish but don't have time).

I'm not doing a damn thing on Sunday. I need to work up energy to go to church but I don't know if that'll happen. 

I'm hoping DH will mow the yard at some point this weekend.

• hicoco said:

At work waiting for a conference call to start so I thought I'd hop on here! What's everyone doing this weekend?

Tonight after work I am setting up for my BFF's bridal shower and then date night with the FI.

Tomorrow I have the shower (Friends themed so I am SO excited) and then my brother, sister and I are having a siblings night-going out to a nice dinner then going to watch a movie at my house.

Sunday we are taking advantage of having my sister in town and having a family breakfast. It'll be a busy weekend but I am excited.

I hope you're getting her tequila and leather pants. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited April 2015
    YAY FRIDAY! Your sibling weekend sounds awesome. 

Tonight, I'm going to the mall with an agenda a mile long. I want some new spring-ey clothes (and frankly I need some new work clothes, spring-ey or not), I need to get my ring cleaned, and I need to get rid of the small forest that has taken up residence in place of my eyebrows.

Saturday we're driving down to see FILs and eating either at my favorite sushi restaurant, or at the restaurant we're thinking about using for our reception. I feel like I *should* choose the reception restaurant.... but...

And then Sunday, church with the FILs and then we're meeting with our officiant Sunday afternoon!!! Cue the freakout.

ETA: YAY @plainjane0415! I can't wait to see pictures! And YAY @climbingwife! I'm glad your grandmother is doing so well!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Tonight we're having dinner to celebrate my grandma's 93 birthday! Here's a picture of her from my wedding. Isn't she the cutest?

She's recovered amazingly well from her broken hip. It's unbelievable. 

Saturday we're taking spin and then we have my friend's daughter's first birthday party. 

Sunday - no plans! But I think we might paint the bathroom. 
    she does not look 93!!
  • hicoco said:

I must hear more about this shower!
    Today is my final fitting, yay!!!!!! So I'm leaving work early to go, and then coming back to drop my stuff off at the office and meeting my coworkers for happy hour. My MOH is staying with me, so maybe we'll hang out after we both get to may place later tonight.

Tomorrow I'm getting my hair done, and I don't really have any plans. Sunday, we are gonna go to the liquor distributor to get a few bottles for my bachelorette party, and we might go to a bday brunch for her boyfriends cousin. That's pretty much all I have on my agenda.

plainjane0415 So exciting!!!!! Have a Fabulous wedding! I can't wait for the pics!
    climbingwife Your grandma looks great!!! I'm so glad she is doing better.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• @loveislouder congratulations! Have a wonderful wedding day!!
  • littlepep said:

I drank too much champagne last night so I'm pretty tired this morning. 

I love champagne.  It tastes so good, and makes me feel fancy.

However, some of the worst hangovers I've had stemmed from champagne... It's a tired, crappy feeling like none other.

I loove champagne so much. It makes me feel bubbly and happy. I actually don't get really bad hangovers. But it puts me in such a good mood that I don't want to go bed. haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy Friday! and Congrats to all the Knottie brides!!!!

Tomorrow I'm getting my hair highlighted, cut, and styled. This may not sound like a big deal but my appt was supposed to be a month ago but the stylist caught bronchitis and had to reschedule everyone. I was patiently waiting for her recovery and sending get well wishes but in the meantime, my hair looks like a 10-year-old dirty mop so I'm f'in excited for this tomorrow. After the appt I literally don't care what happens for the rest of the weekend. Exercising, laundry, and day drinking, most likely.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @loveislouder congrats! have a wonderful wedding! can't wait to see pics :)
  • @cupcait927 thank you!! I'm going out with my girls today. We rented out a nail salon and theyre letting us bring in champagne and cupcakes!

• @cupcait927 thank you!! I'm going out with my girls today. We rented out a nail salon and theyre letting us bring in champagne and cupcakes!

This sounds AWESOME!!! Congrats and have an awesome wedding!!! 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

All this talk of champagne makes me want to buy a bottle to bring home tonight. Champagne is my all-time, absolute favorite thing to drink in the world.

No big plans for us this weekend. It's barely going to get above 50 degrees and not much sun so no yardwork and no hikes/walks/picnics. Tonight I'm going to run on the treadmill at the in-laws, eat leftover Indian food and watching the Yankees game. Maybe drink some champagne.

Tomorrow I'm getting up super early and cleaning the whole house. H has already been roped into helping (normally I do most of it myself). Then he wants to go to the mall and then check out a new brewery and also a wine bar that we've been hearing good things about.

Sunday I have no idea - maybe take the dog for a long walk somewhere, even if it isn't going to be that warm. It snowed yesterday and today and it makes me sad because all I want to do is be outside and it's just too damn cold.

• So many weddings coming up! Best wishes, all!

Tonight we're going to the Joffrey Ballet (I adore the ballet) but I think I have the home to myself the rest of the weekend, as DH is skipping town to see a friend. 

• No big plans for tonight or tomorrow. There are some things I need to do (dye my hair, clean out my closet, cook some food for the week).

I also have a season worth of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills to watch. I haven't seen a single episode this season. I look forward to marathoning it with a bottle of wine.

Right now, Zoya nail polish is having a 50% offer. I am trying to figure out what colors I have at home and what I need. I do have more summery colors in my basket right now. I guess I am in that frame of mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards