Attire & Accessories Forum

Potential Dress Crisis

I'm not the biggest fan of David's Bridal, and they've added another reason to my list.  I bought my dress over a year ago and recently had it fitted and altered.  It wasn't until after I tried on and purchased the dress and had it fitted and altered that a seamstress told me it felt like it was falling down because I was wearing it too high up.  So now I have a dress that's a liiiiitle lower than I'm comfortable with and don't want to be pulling it up all night.  It also came back looser after alterations than when it was pinned on me at the fitting.  It's in another state right now, so I can't try it on and experiment until much closer to the wedding (which is already close, 22 days) and I'm also afraid that if I lift my arms my chest may pop out (I wasn't planning on wearing a bra).  I didn't think to check for this at the fitting, and they certainly didn't bother to mention it. I'm obviously going to have to do some arm raising to dance with people, so I need any last minute fixes or solutions I can get to avoid showing off a little too much at my wedding.

Re: Potential Dress Crisis

• I'd try some Hollywood Fashion Tape for some last minute help.
  • This day is important enough that you should make time--use a vacation day from work, etc.--to go to get the dress and either revisit alterations with their tailor or take it to a new one that comes highly recommended.  

Dress alterations issues were the biggest disappointment of my wedding.  Thankfully I have first world problems.  But still, it matters.
  • Thanks.  I planned on grabbing some tape.  I just didn't think I could pay for it.  And I can't go back any sooner.  I'm in school and it's finals week, graduation, return, then the wedding.  But if I try it back on when I get back and think it's gonna be a problem I'll try and find a tailor.  I don't want to have to worry about it while I'm trying to dance at my wedding.  Thanks for some perspective!
  • I had the same issue with my dress, just over a week out from my wedding. I didn't want to go through the whole ordeal of taking it back to the seamstress and having her take it in more, so a friend of mine added an elastic waist stay that holds the bodice in place perfectly.

Definitely pick up some fashion tape and pasties just in case.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards