Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Should We...

I'm not much of a pary person. I hate being the center of attention and feeling obligated to make my rounds and chat with people. I prefer a more casual setting where I can talk to who I want to talk to as long or as short as I want to talk to them. I've been to several weddings and the small backyard bbq ones are no less special then the large ones at a big fancy church. I never wanted a big wedding, but with how large our families are I'm begining to think I have no other option. I'm starting to think I don't really want a wedding at all and of course my FI is thrilled with the idea of just signing the marriage license. However he does worry that I may change my mind and miss the big dress and all the photos. But as of now I really just want to spend that money we would use on one day and instead spend it on a long trip to Italy. We were thinking of throwing a small backyard party after our trip for family and friends. I was just curious if anyone else is doing anything like this? Or if anyone has any advice or concerns. Do you think our families might be upset?
image Nora Marie born Monday, March 5, 2012 at 5:25pm weighing 7lbs. 2 oz. and 20.5 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageDaisypath Wedding tickers Mom*Tog - For moms who love digital photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards