Snarky Brides

WW Strikes Again--Bride wanted to demote MOH because she's pregnant

Re: WW Strikes Again--Bride wanted to demote MOH because she's pregnant

• I love the term "step down". Like she's governor or Miss American and there was some huge scandal. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Haha right?! It reminds me of someone trying to cast a play or something, or like it's a job interview and the person didn't pass.
  • Oh goddess, I was reading that yesterday but had to leave because I just couldn't deal with the stupid.
  • HAHA OMG. The best part is that screen shot she posted. You didn't know she had a bf? Sounds like yall are great friends...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • "I did not know before asking that she was pregnant nor did i know that she didn't have a car." 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• LOL @ the comments telling her to come here for advice....   hahahaha
  • I'm surprised at how reasonable they are. When did this happen?

"On this site, if you're rude about your BMs, we're rude to you. They're our nearest and dearest... Not our workhorses/wedding slaves. (Generalizing here) we love our BMs and realize that they don't have to do anything for us beyond buy the dress and stand by our side on the wedding day... Everything else is gravy. This type of topic DOES NOT go over well here. We get lots of "BM drama" or "firing a BM"... It's just exhausting because half the time these are trolls or super spoiled brats who want their BMs to be their wedding slaves cover in glitter, throwing parties, and being more excited than the bride (bitching because their BMs don't meet their unrealistic expectations basically)... People seem to forget that these are your friends first and your BMs second. "

I mean, I'm happy for them that at least on this topic they seem to have it straight.

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    So she wants to demote her MOH because she is pregnant and doesn't have a car to help drive her the 4 hours to help make shit?  What?

ETA: words are hard.

• My bf made one of her BMs step down when she got pregnant.  I didn't like the girl but I thought it was super shitty to kick her out for that reason.  She said it was cause it was out of wedlock and her very religious mother would have flipped.  Still shitty.  

My sister is trying to get pregnant and it's very possible she will be for my wedding. I can't imagine why anyone would care.
  • For some reason the girls on WW think Knotties are Bitches. I find the girls on WW worse than the women here. I am highly entertained by some of the Forum though. However, the Regs are not very welcoming and not very helpful.
  • littlepep said:

HAHA OMG. The best part is that screen shot she posted. You didn't know she had a bf? Sounds like yall are great friends...

peachy13 said:

"I did not know before asking that she was pregnant nor did i know that she didn't have a car." 

My first thought was a combo of these (above):  she's close enough to be your MOH, but you didn't even know she didn't have a car? 

Personally, I think (well, hope) the bride started going on about all the work her MOH needed to do, and MOH straight up lied:  "Sorry, don't have a car, can't do it, good luck (or something)!"
  • I'm surprised at how reasonable they are. When did this happen?

"On this site, if you're rude about your BMs, we're rude to you. They're our nearest and dearest... Not our workhorses/wedding slaves. (Generalizing here) we love our BMs and realize that they don't have to do anything for us beyond buy the dress and stand by our side on the wedding day... Everything else is gravy. This type of topic DOES NOT go over well here. We get lots of "BM drama" or "firing a BM"... It's just exhausting because half the time these are trolls or super spoiled brats who want their BMs to be their wedding slaves cover in glitter, throwing parties, and being more excited than the bride (bitching because their BMs don't meet their unrealistic expectations basically)... People seem to forget that these are your friends first and your BMs second. "

I mean, I'm happy for them that at least on this topic they seem to have it straight.

Yeah, I feel like I'm in the twilight zone reading that thread. 

• flantasticflantastic member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

There's also a $700 self-cater food budget. Someone asked: "How many guests are you having? 14?" No response.

Her response to those asking what the big deal was if the girl can't make it to the wedding, which seems to be a mostly unsubstantiated concern of hers, was that "she needs someone to talk to on the day of and help with stuff" and "her family believes there must be a MOH."

Her only possible idea for getting the girl to the wedding (again, an issue she's extrapolating based on the fact that the girl has no car) involved hiring a limo for the 4 hour drive. Really? You couldn't think of any other way to help her with transportation?

• Her family apparently owns a catering company so she's getting a deal. 

That, or, the "catering company" is really code for potluck. 
  • It's hard to believe these people are real. I mean, really? Because she's pregnant? Jesus.
    *********************************************************************************

• "I asked her because she was the only person I had left I already had 2 people tell me no because they were too busy."

And then the third MOH candidate came along, agreed, and immediately regretted the decision. It's like I always say, "The best way to get knocked down is to get knocked up." 
  • And it's been hidden by the author...that's what sucks about WW, you can hide your posts if you get upset by what other people say. At least here when you DD here someone usually quotes and you can read everyone's comments.
  • And it's been hidden by the author...that's what sucks about WW, you can hide your posts if you get upset by what other people say. At least here when you DD here someone usually quotes and you can read everyone's comments.

Yea, I'm a day late on this so I didn't get to it in time. Everyone should know by now when posting from WW to do a copy/ paste! Sounds super entertaining though!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards