Chit Chat

Anniversaries

2»

Re: Anniversaries

• Your anniversary will be in 2 months. I really want to do paper themed things for the first anniversary, in addition to other things. He already mentioned that for paper, he might choose a wedding picture and have it printed and framed as a gift for me. I'm keeping g his gift a secret, but I was thinking of paying to have a star named after him. Then I'll give him the paper certificate. It's kind of cheesey, and pretty pointless. That's why I'm not sure if I'll follow through just yet.
  • Nymeru said:

For our first wedding anniversary we've been talking about going to see "The Book of Mormon".  I've been dying to see it for years. 

We saw it this year. It was awesome! You'll love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our first date was on DH's birthday. Otherwise, I would never have remembered. We've never done anything for our dating anniversary.

DH got married for the first time on the same date. He never remembered the date and didn't come across it until well after the venue was booked and STDs went out. When I was freaking out about it, he promised that he'd always make an effort for our anniversaries- something he never did with his ex. I assume that this will end up like Valentine's Day-- I'll make the dinner reservations and buy a gift while he grabs a last-minute bouquet at a florist I like. I'm much more sentimental than he is.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are going away for the weekend for our anniversary in June. Then on Sunday night (our actual anniversary) we are going to have dinner at our reception venue. 

H asked what I wanted for an anniversary gift, and I said nothing, cause we are going away. I said, but the first anniversary is paper gifts. He said, "you want a ream of paper"?

• We never did anything besides "oh hey I think it's our anniversary" or going to dinner for dating anniversaries. But I did (jokingly) tell him that he needed to buy me two anniversary gifts every year since he broke up with me after we'd been dating like 6 months. 

We haven't been married a year yet but I hope we'll do a little something. Maybe have dinner at the restaurant where we got married, stay in the same hotel downtown and do the Chicago touristy stuff that we never do since we live here. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Before we were married, we celebrated our dating anniversary with gifts and a really nice dinner out. We're both into giving gifts and use pretty much any excuse imagineable to go out to dinner. Our third dating anniversary was a few weeks ago and we mentioned it to each other in passing (like "hey, we made it three years!). I think we went out to dinner, not to celebrate but because we were too lazy to cook that night.

I have no idea what to do for our first anniversary, but it's still 5 months away. We talked about going away for the weekend to this amazing inn & spa that I've been dying to go to so that may just be what we do.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards