Chit Chat
Options

WR rabbit chasing - WWTKD?

Welp. My weekend just got a little more interesting.

FI came home from work last night with the news that the bossman had offered another of his restaurants to us fee-free for our reception. We'd have to cater through them, but it can be done well for the same price I was looking at paying to cater into the fellowship hall of his parents' church.

And it's beautiful. Like, the main restaurant (Fancy, we'll call it) is opulent to the point of excess, but the second restaurant (creatively named "Fancy Too") is counter-service, so it's a little more low-key. And it has this beautiful garden dining area with a fountain.

And I haven't technically booked anything yet, because the pastor we are talking to said we had time and could book closer since we were having it at the church and it's a small church.

Guys. Am I insane? I felt like I was settling for something I didn't want all last week after hearing the (certainly reasonable, considering) restrictions the church had on music and decorations and such, and I could deal with them because I felt like I'd exhausted my options. But now I'm thinking about chasing this option. It'd move the wedding two hours north, and it may mean the pastor we have won't be able to do it, but I don't think it'd be hard to get one of my bossman's judge friends to officiate if that were the case.

Tl;dr: less than six months out I found out I can maaaaaaybe have something much closer to my "vision". I haven't actually booked anything yet anywhere, so is it poor choices to chase this rabbit?
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: WR rabbit chasing - WWTKD?

• Options
    I mean, nothing is booked, so...I'd say it's rabbit season.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I just felt like restructuring in May for an October wedding might be silly and unnecessary, but since it's
    chibiyui said:

I'm gonna go after it. Woo!
  • Options
  • Options
    huskypuppy14huskypuppy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2015
    You have plenty of time. My sister planned her wedding in less than six months. The venue is the hardest thing usually, so as long as it's in your budget, go for it.

• Options
    I think 6 months is actually a pretty decent amount of time to settle on an available venue.
  • Options
    Definitely rabbit season. You still have plenty of time to plan everything else - the venue's the hardest part usually.
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    As long as he 2 hour location difference wouldn't create a hardship for travel for VIPs it sounds good.
  • Options
    Go for it! 

• Options
    More VIPs are in the new area than the old, actually. I was most concerned about my grandmother traveling and it cuts her travel from 2 hours to ~30 minutes. Which is much better. She's the only travel concern that I'm aware of.

In semi related news, we bought bands today!
  • Options

More VIPs are in the new area than the old, actually. I was most concerned about my grandmother traveling and it cuts her travel from 2 hours to ~30 minutes. Which is much better. She's the only travel concern that I'm aware of.

In semi related news, we bought bands today!

Then why are you contemplating it. Sounds like it's a better option.

• Options

Do it do it do it!

Also, what do your bands look like?!

• Options

Do it do it do it!

Also, what do your bands look like?!

FI's is silver-toned tungsten carbide with an alternating diagonal pattern on it, and mine is white gold with a row of 5 (?) diamonds. Being distracted by the sparkly I failed to get pictures, and now mine is off to be sized so I don't have it handy to remedy the situation, haha. :(

I think we've decided that we're moving it here! I know that one venue has our originally planned date available, and I'm finding out about another Monday. Super excited!
  • Options
    ...can't edit but by venues, I mean potential ceremony venues. I don't know that the restaurant would be a good ceremony venue - I think it's possible but tricksy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards