Chit Chat

Weekend Accomplishments

So what did everyone get done this weekend?  I've been super overwhelmed this week, resulting in a migraine and a crazy panic attack, so I'm glad to see some things checked off the list!

Thursday I picked up 2 options for rehearsal/reception dresses when I went into NYC for work.

I finally sent out my invitations on Friday! Eeek!

Yesterday I did laundry, vacuumed, and cleaned the bathroom.

Today I researched some wedding stuff (pricing pew bows and sea shells), and re-counted my guest list to estimate table numbers and because FI decided not to bother getting addresses for his 10 friends.  The number is still around 160 - WHAT???

I just took my dog for a walk which I haven't done in way too long.  I can't believe it's 79 degrees! 

What has everyone else been up to this weekend? 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Weekend Accomplishments

• Also, shimmer envelopes are THE DEVIL!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Nearly all of my plants are planted, my patio is cleaned, and H cleaned the garage, so now I'm searching for new, cheap shelving for my gardening supplies.

Anniversary
  • I have finally finished my Star Wars Original Trilogy education. We watched Return of the Jedi last night! Now we can start on the New Trilogy. Yay! Movies I've seen before! Yay! Sexy Jedi Liam Neeson! (I was ten when Episode I came out and thought Qui-Gon Jinn was the cutest thing ever. I was teased about that.)

And I'm planting my aloe today! I have a rooted piece and need to get it in the dirt.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • dolewhipperdolewhipper member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited May 2015

I have finally finished my Star Wars Original Trilogy education. We watched Return of the Jedi last night! Now we can start on the New Trilogy. Yay! Movies I've seen before! Yay! Sexy Jedi Liam Neeson! (I was ten when Episode I came out and thought Qui-Gon Jinn was the cutest thing ever. I was teased about that.)

And I'm planting my aloe today! I have a rooted piece and need to get it in the dirt.

hellosweetie1015  ;)

imageimage

• We finished up packing the things we were storing in the basement and got a head start on the main floor. We close on the house the day after Memorial day, so we only have a few weeks to pack everything up and get organized.
  • spglspspglsp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Watered the plants, did laundry, vacuumed, did pilates, did yoga, made soup, mailed some thank you notes, and completed a paper for an online class I'm taking. I feel good!
    Just Married!

• I spent yesterday taking care of my grandmother and getting her prepared for my parents to be gone for 2 weeks. I also decided on a tattoo artist for my next piece. I can't wait!

Today has been good. I got groceries, prepped a bunch of food for the week ahead including packing lunches, and got some work done to get me a head start on tomorrow.

Best part of the day- I randomly stopped while running errands and found a dress for my niece-in-law's quincenera next month. It was marked down to $30 and looks great.  I had to step out of the fitting room for a better view and a little girl told me I looked beautiful. Made my day. The price means feel less silly about buying a dress for the occasion-- I have a few LBDs but DH and the women in his family all seem to think that black is inappropriate for most events. I normally follow my instincts on these things but sometimes suck it up to make MIL happy.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • anjemonanjemon member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    We put an offer on a house! Ack! It happened super fast, but the market is ridiculous in my area right now. We liked one house and it was gone 12 hours after we saw the listing, one the second day it was listed. This one came on today and our realtor really liked it, so we decided to do a quick showing. And the house is awesome! So our realtor is putting together the paperwork and we might be buying a house.

Other than that, I finished all my bridal shower thank you notes. Did some cleaning. Not a whole lot. We spent a lot of the weekend doing house stuff.
  • @wandajune6 we need to see this dress please!

@anjemon congrats!! Market is just as crazy here. The perfect house went on market last weekend and we went THAT night. THAT night it got 5 offers OVER asking, we won! We are still going back and forth arguing about some things that need to be installed by the seller, but I'm hoping it works out.

I did nothing. Only time I left the couch was to go grocery shopping. I feel like weekends are my dirty secret because everyone else always seems to be doing so many things, and mine are always on the couch. It's kind of embarrassing but I love doing nothing. Every weekend.

• I've been practicing folding some various paper flowers. I want to make a bouquet of paper flowers for one of my vases in the house (nwr). I've just been using white printer paper to practice so that I don't ruin my fancy Martha Stewart paper. DH really likes some of them too!

We also had a nice date night last night, which consisted of sexy times, burgers, and way too much beer.

We rented The Theory of Everything to watch tonight.

I also wrote some ideas for our group project and finished my homework for this week. So yay for that.
  • I'm about 75% done refinishing my dining room table... finished staining the top, started poly-ing it, stained the base and chairs and got the first coat of paint on. Need to do some more packing though, blah.

Um, I painted my nails, and took a bump picture! Baby GIRL is getting big. :)

Ugh. You're so adorable and pinterest perfect......and not helping the raging baby fever I have going on right now.......... I keep pinning nurseries dammit.

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:

I'm about 75% done refinishing my dining room table... finished staining the top, started poly-ing it, stained the base and chairs and got the first coat of paint on. Need to do some more packing though, blah.

Ugh. You're so adorable and pinterest perfect......and not helping the raging baby fever I have going on right now.......... I keep pinning nurseries dammit.
    Lol I don't know whether to say sorry or thanks. :) Come on up in October, all the head sniffs you want.

• ~ Actually finished a cup of coffee while it was still hot
    ~ Successfully bet on 2 Derby horses…and lost
    ~ Washed 3 loads of laundry (but don't ask about folding/hanging/putting away. Saving that for next weekend ;)
    ~ Took 3 naps

The naps alone made the weekend an accomplishment in my book.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My weekend "accomplishments" were decidedly modest. 

• Got my hair did. 
    • Bought a new maxi dress that I love. Definitely going to be getting more. 
    • Got the newest Dave Barry book. Love that man.
    • Made a successful brie dip for the W(h)ine and Cheese party on Saturday night
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lolo883 SO CUTE!!

• KahlylaKahlyla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    We got our treadmill desks built! Walking right now, and still learning how to type and walk at tge same time...
  • We didn't have a super productive weekend, but had lots of fun! Went to a friend's son's 1st birthday party on Saturday, good food, drinks and friends... it was a beautiful day! Sunday we took DS to the zoo and fed the giraffes (pic attached!), then napped and grilled out.

I did finish planting our veggie garden and did a little laundry and cleaning.
  • I'm about 75% done refinishing my dining room table... finished staining the top, started poly-ing it, stained the base and chairs and got the first coat of paint on. Need to do some more packing though, blah.

Well, someone is looking adorable these days!
  • @lolo883 - congrats on your baby girl!!! Yayyy!!! :) So happy for y'all! And also congrats on having a super cute bump. I know it's cliche to say, but you for real are glowing.
    *********************************************************************************

• I spent a lot of time with my pup!

I also attended a makeup show blogger event, caught up with some old friends, and went spinning both days as well as walking over 8 miles both days.  Needless to say, my legs hurt.

• edited May 2015

I had a great, packed weekend but it just makes me more depressed to be back at work.

Friday FI and I went to dinner and a movie with our friends, Saturday we had our niece's 1st communion and then I had a girl's night and yesterday I went to a bridal shower and then we had friends over for pizza.

Since we had people over this weekend we cleaned a lot and got some laundry done. I was able to water our new trees but I'm glad it rained today so I don't have to do it again for a few days!  

ETA: totally forgot that we ordered a proof of our wedding invite!! Can't wait to see it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I finished the invitations and got them in the mail (a few weeks behind where I wanted to be, but I'm not stressing). Also took a yoga class, went for a run every day (I've never been a runner and can now do a mile and a half, so I'm getting there!), and cooked and prepped food for the week.

I also found a rehearsal dinner dress that is two sizes smaller than what I wore two months ago! And we also found out that FI's family is planning to throw us an engagement party/shower when we're in Texas next week, so I'll probably wear it for that as well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I sat in temple for 3.5 hours to watch H's step-sister's son become a bar mitzvah. 

I also survived the bar mitzvah party with people telling me things like, "I know you're pregnant right now. I can just feel it." 

And I survived my MIL asking 3,894 questions every hour. 
  • @lolo883 - congrats on your baby girl!!! Yayyy!!! :) So happy for y'all! And also congrats on having a super cute bump. I know it's cliche to say, but you for real are glowing.

Aww thanks @southernbelle0915!

• I had a few bday and graduation parties to attend so I accomplished a lot of day drinking and bad eating. Kicking my butt at the gym today.

But WR, we met with our JOP yesterday who was so sweet and awesome, and we also had our food tasting which was a huge success. Staff was so super cool and the food was perfect. I chatted a lot with the bartender and the cake lady who were both pumped about my Halloween wedding and can't wait to get creative with drinks and dessert.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I was at a conference for the past few days. I gave my first ever research talk outside my university and had an impromptu job interview. My talk was listed as one of the conference highlights! 

I spent all yesterday flying. I didn't get home until 9:30pm and had to be out the door for work at 5:30am, so I'm jet-lagged with no fresh food in the house (DH ate out the whole time I was gone) and no clean clothes.

Anniversary
  • DH and I worked Saturday. So Sunday DH fixed the mower, mowed the yard, weedeated, sprayed, and raked the driveway. I rearranged furniture in both bedrooms, cleaned the house, did laundry (and actually put it away), and FINALLY moved wedding stuff to the attic. Now, I need to go through wedding pictures. 

• anjemonanjemon member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    @jenna8984 That's so crazy. I would have loved at least a day to consider what sort of a huge purchase we were making, but alas the market does not allow for thinking time. Thankfully at this point I still have no regrets. I'm just excited to start moving!

After we put in our offer the seller's realtor told us they were waiting on accepting our offer to see if another couple would put in an offer too. Thankfully the other couple was moving slowly or didn't want to bite because about an hour later they called us back to let us know they'd take our offer with just a bit more cash in it. So we did the updated paperwork and at about 11:30 last night we got a house! Now we just have to do the inspection and hope nothing comes back wonky.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards