Chit Chat

What's your favorite crafty hobby?

Currently I am loving my coloring books.  I'm also really intrigued by quilling so I'm going to give that a try.  Unfortunately I really messed up my hand from the great crochet debacle of 2015 so I can't get back into that :-(

Anyone else crafty lately?

Re: What's your favorite crafty hobby?

• I've been sewing a lot since I got my new sewing machine. I made a new diaper bag design converted to a wii u bag for my boyfriend. I am very proud of it and since then I've been looking for other stuff to make. I think I'm going to make myself a new purse since my Vera Bradley bag is starting to really wear.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I don't know that it is super crafty or not, but I love to paint. I am not the best at it, but I like being able to lose myself in the painting.

• I am so jealous of you ladies that can sew, it's such a great skill to have! I lean more towards power tools which terrifies FI because he actually knows what he's doing with them and I just wing it. Last year I built our night stands and we both did our bed frame and headboard. This summer the first thing I'm working on will be a corner bench for our eat in kitchen!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just got a sewing machine that I can't wait to use!

How did you injure yourself crocheting?!
  • I go in fits and spurts with things because my favorites all take a lot of time and/or materials/space (aka a big mess I won't clean up)... but scrapbooking is probably the top one. I love to sew too and make stuffed animals for all the bebes but haven't ventured too far away from that just yet. 

• sarahufl I was holding the  yarn too tightly and gave myself trigger finger in my left hand and it's still not healed correctly.  I'm a disaster.

• louxnoellelouxnoelle member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    I am DIYing the shit out of this wedding: save-the-dates, invites, guest book, card box, flower girl basket, ring box, programs, centerpieces, boutonnieres, corsages, everythinggg, and I am having a blast! It's saving tons of money, and I'm loving watching everything come together.

ETA: On NWR terms, I make all the props and non-sewing costume accessories for my students' shows, which I also love doing. :)
  • I like to make homemade cards, but buying all of the materials is expensive. I recently subscribed to this: https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en/. They send you a box every month that has everything in it you need to make the card/favor/whatever. It's pretty cool!

• mklammklam member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    I crochet baby blankets and throws. If anyone wants one, I have like, 5 just chilling in my closet waiting haha!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited June 2015
  • I like to cross-stitch. I'm such an old grandma!
  • My decorative empty wine bottle arrangement skills are on point lately, and I look forward to testing out working with rose over the summer.
  • I like scrapbooking right now.

I really want to learn to sew

• redoryxredoryx member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I scrapbook. I used to do it when I was a teenager, started up again a few years ago when I started running: I make a page for each race I do with my bib and some pictures. The pages are somewhat themed -- so the Turkey Trot gets Thanksgiving day stickers, etc. Because I'm a dork like that lol

I also have an Etsy shop where I make and sell invitations and party games and stuff. It's a fun way to do what I love and also make a bit of money 
  • edited June 2015
  • @esstee33 cross stitching is super easy! Also please make me one of those.

• @esstee33 cross stitching is super easy! Also please make me one of those.

ditto this, I used to do it all the time. It is actually incredibly easy. And now you can find really fun patterns (like "bitch, please") that you used to not be able to find.
  • dolewhipperdolewhipper member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited May 2015
    I have summoned the 90's gods and have been perler beading all things. I recently made Darth Vader's chest plate for some May the 4th Disneybounding at Hollywood Studios. 

I'm also working on my other Star Wars cosplay/disneybounding with different perler things for Star Wars Weekends.

SoontobeMrsKlein I love your ewok bears!

imageimage

• I do a lot of cross-stitching (read: I have not had more than a two-day span of not actively working on a project in the last decade, for reals). I also do a lot of scrapbooking and general paper-crafting (origami, paper flowers, decoupage, card-making, stationery designing, etc.). I used to make decorative miniature items (mostly hats). I also make Swarovski crystal jewelry and hair accessories when I need a break from stitching. I used to sew more than I do now (I have three sewing machines), and knitting used to be a more regular form of stress-relief that I just haven't had time for. I craft so much that we had to convert our guest bedroom into half closet/half craft room for me and we already determined that I will have my own workshop when we find a house.

So yea, I'm basically Martha Stewart without the felony conviction and multi-million dollar empire.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I draw, I do random ass DIY projects, and I'm still going to pick up sewing. On my plate currently, finish chapter 1(started thumbnails, and rough line work) , finish my teacup planter, repaint an old chair for my closet, learn to sew, finish my little sculpey dragon for another planter, and draw the anniversary gift for H.

Anniversary
  • MagicInk said:

sarahufl I was holding the  yarn too tightly and gave myself trigger finger in my left hand and it's still not healed correctly.  I'm a disaster.

I always hold my yarn too loosley, the next time someone says something about I'm gonna tell them my internet friend hurt herself holding it too tightly. I am being SAFE.
    The struggle is real, my middle finger is all wonky every morning when I wake up and hurts like hell!

• edited May 2015

I like to refinish and up-cycle old furniture.   I also love interior decorating and am working on a couple of projects right now. 

I also like to cook... I secretly want to go on Chopped! 

ETA:  I guess cooking is not crafty though...

• MagicInk said:

sarahufl I was holding the  yarn too tightly and gave myself trigger finger in my left hand and it's still not healed correctly.  I'm a disaster.

I always hold my yarn too loosley, the next time someone says something about I'm gonna tell them my internet friend hurt herself holding it too tightly. I am being SAFE.
    The struggle is real, my middle finger is all wonky every morning when I wake up and hurts like hell!
    Damn girl, you really were holding on tightly. 
  • MagicInk said:

MagicInk said:

This was immediately post breakup when I just learned to crochet and made an entire afghan in like 2 weeks.  My hand has been messed up ever since

• mklammklam member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2015

MagicInk said:

MagicInk said:

This was immediately post breakup when I just learned to crochet and made an entire afghan in like 2 weeks.  My hand has been messed up ever since.

EDIT: ----SITB----

I hope it gets better soon! I love crocheting, its so relaxing!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards