Not Engaged Yet

Thursday!!!

I just have a regular work day. Nothing interesting. What fun things are all you ladies getting up to today? Any fun weekend plans for Mothers Day?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Thursday!!!

• Good morning all!!

I haven't been around much.  One of my coworkers is on vacation (lucky him) and then we had another person call off 'sick' the past two days (the guy ALWAYS calls off, I swear he's called off over 10 days this year already).

I feel like I got beat up today, I'm just all sore.  Last night I cut the grass, which I have a small yard, it only takes me 30 minutes.  After that I hosed Loki off - he has separation anxiety and drools all over himself and smells pretty bad - so he gets "hosed" off often (In the winter, it's more of showered off).  I then washed both my bike and H's bike.  Our last ride was on a limestone path which can be hard on a bike chain/gears/derailer - so I like to get all the limestone dust off.  At least I'm getting stuff done.

Hope everybody is doing great!  

Anniversary
  • @dignity100 sounds like you had a busy day!!! I have to mow the lawn at some point, but we've been so busy.

Today I'm at work (ugh). My parents are on their way out here so that my dad and H can put down our new floors, H was supposed to have until Tuesday off but they screwed up his PTO so now he has to report back to work Monday at 5pm. Needless to say we'll be rushing to get the floors done so they'll look like shit or we take our time and only get some of the project done and there will be rooms that are not completed. I'm so stressed about this.

Tonight my parents are and I are going to Home Depot to pick up our baseboards, then I'll take my parents out to dinner at my dad's favorite Chinese restaurant.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I should be working and not online but I've been very distracted lately! I have so much work to catch up on.
    Saturday I'm going to get a massage so that will be nice. I had bought a groupon and it's expiring so this is the last weekend I can use it. Sunday I think I'm going to see my aunt and grandmother- they just want a little cook out at their house. I was hoping they'd want to go out so I could pay for them as my gift- no idea what to get them!

I sent my mom a card and will be seeing her the weekend after Mother's day when she comes out for my bachelorette. I want to make her a jewelery dish like this this weekend. If it comes out good I'm going to make them for my MOH and BM too as part of their gifts for the wedding. 

• This will be my first Mother's Day without my mom. I'll be taking flowers to her grave, but I won't be doing much celebrating.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• I'm sore today.  I had to go to the dentist because I had fillings that needed to be replaced.For some reason the bottom of my mouth didn't take the Novocaine, so I needed a double dose.  The numbness didn't wear off until 10:00pm last night. 

Tonight we're installing the flooring in the kitchen and dining room, possibly bathroom as well.  We also need to look at carpet and decide what to get.  We were originally thinking a beige carpet since we were doing mostly grey walls.  Since we painted the guest room beige, we're not so sure what color to get (we want to keep it neutral).  The carpet is going in the two bedrooms and on the stairs.  The master bedroom is grey and the guest bedroom is beige.

This weekend I am going to finally test out the enamel paint for the tub.  We're also going to stain the cabinets. Saturday evening we're going to see my old room mate and her husband.

Sunday I am taking my mom to our favorite spa for massages. My sisters, brother, and I are going to take her out for dinner on Tuesday. 

• @buddysmom80 - What kind of floors are you putting in?  If it's the click and snap-in ones, those are pretty quick to install.  Do you have them already?  I know most flooring wants you to have them in the house at house-temperature for like 24 hours before installing.  I can't wait to see the finished product!

@lavenderfields13 - I think you have every right to feel distracted!! The jewelry dishes are really cool!

@Beanbot2002 - <<HUGS>>

@speakeasy14 - I can't wait to see your flooring either!!

--I feel that everybody's fixing up their houses but me!!!  Maybe there's something I should be doing to my house!

Anniversary
  • All of our Mom's are going to be out of town this weekend so no Mother's Day celebrations for us. I bought gifts for them but I will just give it to them at a later time.

The Movers are coming this weekend so we will be pretty busy anyways with all of that.

Tonight we are going to a food festival in our city where all the local restaurants come out and give samples of their best dishes! We basically go every year because everything is so yummy! There is also live music, art, and a bunch of stuff. DH is in Savannah until tomorrow night so if I get back in time tonight, I'll do some more packing and transferring what I can to the new house.

• @buddysmom80 what kind of floors are you getting?
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @beanbot2002 - Biggest hugs on the planet! 

• @beanbot2002, hugs.

It rained! It finally rained! I think we got between 0.25 and 0.5" which is awesome. H will have to mow again when it dries out.
  • @beanbot2002 - Hugs and love for you. I hoe you have a beautiful day with your boys, and make it all about celebrating your amazing mother. I know she'll be smiling down on all of you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Beanbot2002 Sending all the hugs for you! I know it won't be an easy day but I hope that your boys give you all the love and show you how much they appreciate you being their mom!
  • @beanbot2002 Big hugs for you! Get lots of snuggles with No-Uh and Bean. 
  • @beanbot2002 sending lots of hugs to you

I am exhausted, I woke up several times throughout the night thank to H's snoring.  I'm excited I have a pedicure after work.  I also need to run to Target for a few things. 

Saturday my niece is making her communion, so after we are going out for an early dinner and celebrating Mother's Day then.  I have a gift I know she will absolutely love.  We ordered one for my mom and one for H's so he placed the order, just not sure when it will get here.  We aren't doing anything on Sunday.  We will celebrate with H's mom the following Saturday 16th. 

I want this work day to go by fast, or I just wish I could be outside.  It was so nice this morning. 

Anniversary

• @TwoDimes Probably not lol. We are going to be SOOO busy this weekend with the movers that he probably didn't even think about that. Which is ok...I mean I'm technically not a mother yet so it's no big deal. It would be super sweet though if he did.
  • @beanbot2002 sending you so many hugs!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @hummingbird125 My FI wants to get a cornhole set for the wedding too. He plans on setting up cigars outside on the patio and likes the idea of giving people something else to do out there. I plan on being inside dancing all night but hey, if it makes him happy!

• Happy Birthday @jenjen047 Enjoy your day with your family!!
  • Happy birthday @jenjen047! Enjoy the day!

Anniversary

• happy birthday @jenjen047!! Are you going to Alma Nova? Have you been there before?

• @jenjen047 - Happy birthday lady! I had even written myself a note to wish you happy birthday today, but you ended up reminding us anyway! Haha........... I get here too late :( Damn PST.

@TwoDimes - Indy should do fine in that class if she's picking up on her training as well as you've made it sound. My dog was a psycho at all of his training classes, but when it came to practicing he did great, and honestly, he wasn't the worst one there.

-------------------------------

The house we went to see last night was a bust, damnit. It was EVERYTHING I could have ever asked for in a home. But, unfortunately, there was nowhere reasonable for my BF to do his wood working and homebrewing. They had converted the garage into an apartment with carpet. So we looked at more house listings last night and none of them even came close to measuring up. The bar is set high now, ladies. I might not own a house for a while, haha.

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    @jenjen047 - Happy birthday! 

@GoldenPenguin - Just some chick that I'm best friends with! 

@AlPacina - Be picky and take your time! 

• @jenjen047 - Happy Birthday!

@AlPacina - I'm sorry the house didn't work out for you :(

@GoldenPenguin - I can't believe your wedding is so close!!

Today I woke up feeling extremely anxious and stressed. No idea why which kind of makes it worse because then there's nothing I can do to make it go away. I have nothing interesting going on today other than work. I have to make one last trip to my old apartment to get the last bit of stuff that is still there, then I never have to go back to that horrible place ever again! BF and I tried to move everything out yesterday but there was a bit more than we anticipated left so it wouldn't all fit in the car.

My mom doesn't live near me and BF's mom is out of town at his sister's graduation so we have no plans for mothers day other than making a couple of phone calls.

• labrolabro member

@beanbot2002 Hugs! I know Sunday will be so hard, but I hope No-UH and Bean do a ton to make you feel loved and appreciated!

@Hummingbird125 Thanks for reminding me about ordering flowers! I just ordered flowers for my MIL so now we're all set! Yay!

@everyone doing house stuff - good luck!

I've been stuck in stupid meetings all morning and I have more this afternoon. Ugh. Luckily today is my Friday because I'm going to be "sick" tomorrow and Monday while I drive with my parents for a short beach getaway. I can't wait!

Tonight I'm going to the same festival as @southernpeach89. Luckily my office is basically right next to it so I don't have to worry about finding a parking spot. Once I'm done with meetings for the afternoon, H, my mom, and I are going to walk down there together. Yay food!

• labro said:

@beanbot2002 Hugs! I know Sunday will be so hard, but I hope No-UH and Bean do a ton to make you feel loved and appreciated!

@Hummingbird125 Thanks for reminding me about ordering flowers! I just ordered flowers for my MIL so now we're all set! Yay!

@everyone doing house stuff - good luck!

I've been stuck in stupid meetings all morning and I have more this afternoon. Ugh. Luckily today is my Friday because I'm going to be "sick" tomorrow and Monday while I drive with my parents for a short beach getaway. I can't wait!

Tonight I'm going to the same festival as @southernpeach89. Luckily my office is basically right next to it so I don't have to worry about finding a parking spot. Once I'm done with meetings for the afternoon, H, my mom, and I are going to walk down there together. Yay food!

AM I NOT ALLOWED TO WALK WITH YOU?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards