Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Bubbles

Past Brides: Do bubbles really stain your dress?  Our church will not allow us to throw anything and I've always thought bubbles would be fun, but I will be wearing my mom's veil and want to preserve it and the dress.  I've heard rumors that bubble stain, so now I am rethinking and possibly considering those ribbon steamers.

We Do - Since November 3, 2012

Re: Bubbles

• Options
    I mentioned it in passing during my dress fitting.  The poor woman who owns the shop got this panicked look on her face and I knew right away that my dress would stain if I used bubbles.  It might depend on your material, though.  Mine was taffetta (taffetta, baby), but other materials might do better.

I like ribbon steamers, expecially if you'll have a lot of little girls at your wedding (our wedding was rotten with little girls on both sides of our families, so this would have been mega cute).
  • Options
    Hmm, I planned on using bubbles for our wedding, and now you ladies have me wondering (my dress is lace). I would think people would have to be blowing a lot of bubbles directly on you for them to stain your dress... any women who used bubbles have any words of wisdom?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_bubbles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:86f9edcc-a4e0-4cf7-8bf5-db2e21886d5cPost:28a641fc-a77a-4be4-b36d-d1af1844e54a">Re: Bubbles</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmm, I planned on using bubbles for our wedding, and now you ladies have me wondering (my dress is lace). I would think people would have to be blowing a lot of bubbles directly on you for them to stain your dress... any women who used bubbles have any words of wisdom?
    Posted by mellimel19[/QUOTE]

Ask the bridal shop owner where you got your dress.  They should know the material - this was the case with me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards