Chit Chat

AWs, planning, and more

Had to force myself not to log in to TK last week so I could focus on finals. I'm back!

AW
-graduated with my Master's degree today! 
-FI and I got our marriage on Thursday so we are set for the wedding

Planning
-2 weeks out! 
-finally have our final headcount after making tons of calls (checking yes or no on a pre-stamped envelope is hard y'all)
-final payments are being made 

Rant
-my aunt keeps trying to invite people to the wedding/pre-wedding. She knows which of her siblings are/aren't coming so she said, "since a, b, and c aren't coming, I'll tell x, y, and z that they can come!" uhh, no you won't. "Oh, I need to call __ back and tell them info about the shower" no again. They weren't invited to the shower because they weren't invited to the wedding. "Well that's okay. They can come anyway" a thousand times noooo 

Now to sit back and think of anything that I may have forgotten. Last minute details that slipped your mind? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: AWs, planning, and more

• esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015

Had to force myself not to log in to TK last week so I could focus on finals. I'm back!

AW

Planning
    -2 weeks out! 
    -finally have our final headcount after making tons of calls (checking yes or no on a pre-stamped envelope is hard y'all)

Rant
    -my aunt keeps trying to invite people to the wedding/pre-wedding. She knows which of her siblings are/aren't coming so she said, "since a, b, and c aren't coming, I'll tell x, y, and z that they can come!" uhh, no you won't. "Oh, I need to call __ back and tell them info about the shower" no again. They weren't invited to the shower because they weren't invited to the wedding. "Well that's okay. They can come anyway" a thousand times noooo 

Now to sit back and think of anything that I may have forgotten. Last minute details that slipped your mind? 
    I assume you mean marriage license? I hope so, anyway! 

FI and I are driving from Pittsburgh to New Orleans to get married at the courthouse there. I'm 11 days out and just hoping to remember to pack the phone chargers and the folder with all our necessary paperwork. I need to get an oil change before we go, too. I'm guessing these are not the same concerns you have about forgotten things, haha. 
  • esstee33 said:

AW

Planning
    -2 weeks out! 

Rant

FI and I are driving from Pittsburgh to New Orleans to get married at the courthouse there. I'm 11 days out and just hoping to remember to pack the phone chargers and the folder with all our necessary paperwork. I need to get an oil change before we go, too. I'm guessing these are not the same concerns you have about forgotten things, haha. 
    yes, marriage license. My brain thought it, but I guess my fingers didn't type it. It's been a long day already. 

Congrats on getting married! Not quite the same last minute to dos (although I better not forget my license the day of). Goes to show it doesn't matter how big or how small of a wedding, we all worry about forgetting something! Go figure :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • anjemonanjemon member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

esstee33 said:

AW

Planning
    -2 weeks out! 

Rant

yes, marriage license. My brain thought it, but I guess my fingers didn't type it. It's been a long day already. 

Congrats on getting married! Not quite the same last minute to dos (although I better not forget my license the day of). Goes to show it doesn't matter how big or how small of a wedding, we all worry about forgetting something! Go figure :)
    This may depend on your officiant, but ours asked for us to bring all the paperwork to the rehearsal. And then she was responsible for bringing everything to the actual ceremony. I liked that plan because it was one less thing I had to worry about and she only really had a few important things to remember.
  • Congratulations!  It sounds like you two have had a lot on your plates recently.  I hope your planning continues to go well and everything goes smoothly on the big day.

Sorry about your aunt.  It seems like at least 50% of the community here have at least one family member like that.  Hopefully she'll lay off, and if not, you don't have much longer to put up with it for.  And honestly, who turns up to a wedding they were invited to two weeks out by the bride's aunt.  I'd personally count that as an unvirtation.  
  • anjemon said:

esstee33 said:

AW

Planning
    -2 weeks out! 

Rant

This may depend on your officiant, but ours asked for us to bring all the paperwork to the rehearsal. And then she was responsible for bringing everything to the actual ceremony. I liked that plan because it was one less thing I had to worry about and she only really had a few important things to remember.
    Good point. I'll make sure to ask him. You are probably right, especially since our officiant is super organized. Thanks!

Thanks to everyone else! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards