Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

For the married ladies: registry regrets and wishes

With my upcoming nuptials I have been talking to a lot of my married friends about their weddings. One of their favorite topics is their registries, especially stories about the gifts that they never asked for, but got anyway. So I was wondering...

What do you regret registering for?
What do you wish you had registered for?
Did you get anything not on your registry that was really strange?

Re: For the married ladies: registry regrets and wishes

• Options
    I really wished I had registered for a digital picture frame.  I'm kicking myself for that one.

Nothing strange and no regrets, although I wish I had researched the luggage we registered for better.  It's very heavy and on the day we were leaving for the HM, we had to scramble to divide up stuff into more suitcases because they were over the weight limit while our car was outside waiting.
  • Options
    Oh no! the amazon thing sucks?

I started using some RADA cutlery last year, and I loved it so much. I really wanted to register for it, but they have no site in which you can do it...so I thought the amazon thing would be PERFECT!

oh no.
  • Options

My regret is registering for way too many things. We got very few of the practical items (knives, towels, sheets, steam mop) and lots of the unpractical items (fondue pot, cheese slab, popcorn maker). We exchanged some things for the more practical items but it would have been easier to just register for less stuff in the beginning.

We loved our Honeymoon Registry through www.honeyfund.com! We were surprised by how many people used it!

Hope this helps!

• Options
    I have no complaints about Amazon.  We used Amazon because the knives we started buying are only available there.  What we found though was that only two people used that registry.  More people bought in store at BBB and Crate and Barrel instead.

We had one family go off registry and buy us sheets for a bed size we don't have from a seriously inexpensive discount store.  They also gave us a few other odd ball items.

My H's friends all got together and bought us "AMAZING" gifts.  One even still had the Goodwill tag attached.  I will add... all came with a cash/check/giftcard as the real gift.  Here's one of the award winners:
    TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • Options

I have a running Amazon Wishlist that has come in pretty handy around Christmas.  The normal Amazon Wishlist does alert a buyer if something has been purchased. 

The UNIVERSAL wishlist reroutes you to the seller's website and you essentially order what you want through them, so Amazon really isn't part of the transaction.

So if you have an Amazon registry, you will be fine, just use the universal option sparingly.

murrayed
  • Options
    I highly recommend looking up some of the kitchen electrics, pots pans etc on america's test kitchen before registering.  They do a bunch of tests etc, to see which items work the best.  You can sign up for a trial period for a couple weeks I think,  I'm really glad I did, as I didn't have to worry about things that didn't work well (and everything was in one place!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards