Chit Chat

you knotties are nofun

Re: you knotties are nofun

• emmaaa said:

MagicInk said:

lyndausvi said:

Ladies, gents and transgenders, stop getting your panties in a wade.

Flan's temporary jailing was my fault. I clicked on the wrong button by mistake.

Just chill okay.  People make mistakes.  

I am not wearing panties today. So they are not wadded. And address "transgender" as something other then a lady or gentleman is actually very rude boarding on transphobic. A trans person is a lady/gentleman as much as a cis gendered person is.

Are we not allowed to ask about why things happen or what things are?

Just chill okay? People ask questions.
    People are definitely allowed to ask questions. But before everyone stones a mod for doing something, it may help to tag a mod to ask what's going on. 

At the end of the day, we're users just like y'all and mistakes happen. It was corrected and easy to move on from so let's all put the rocks down,

Also, Lynda is not the one who "accidentally" deleted her own thread, that was someone else and that person also fessed up to the ordeal.
    Who the fuck "stoned" Lynda? We made jokes about jail cause Flan, fucking Flan who is pretty much a non-problem maker, got thrown in jail. 

Buy ya no go ahead and compare that to stoning. Which is an actual thing that actually happens is actually very terrible. No one said "Lynda is the fucking worst she is a horrible human being and can't mod!" we said "Oh that is bullshit, yo Flan want some smokes for when you're in the joint?" 

Also I didn't say shit about any accidental deletion. That was Ashley. Might want to tag or quote the right person you're talking to. Just a tip from a non-mod.

Jail jokes are now stoning of MODs. No jail jokes.
  • emmaaa said:

MagicInk said:

lyndausvi said:

Flan's temporary jailing was my fault. I clicked on the wrong button by mistake.

I am not wearing panties today. So they are not wadded. And address "transgender" as something other then a lady or gentleman is actually very rude boarding on transphobic. A trans person is a lady/gentleman as much as a cis gendered person is.

People are definitely allowed to ask questions. But before everyone stones a mod for doing something, it may help to tag a mod to ask what's going on. 

At the end of the day, we're users just like y'all and mistakes happen. It was corrected and easy to move on from so let's all put the rocks down,

Also, Lynda is not the one who "accidentally" deleted her own thread, that was someone else and that person also fessed up to the ordeal.
    Who the fuck "stoned" Lynda? We made jokes about jail cause Flan, fucking Flan who is pretty much a non-problem maker, got thrown in jail. 

Buy ya no go ahead and compare that to stoning. Which is an actual thing that actually happens is actually very terrible. No one said "Lynda is the fucking worst she is a horrible human being and can't mod!" we said "Oh that is bullshit, yo Flan want some smokes for when you're in the joint?" 

Also I didn't say shit about any accidental deletion. That was Ashley. Might want to tag or quote the right person you're talking to. Just a tip from a non-mod.

I am fully aware stoning is a real thing, I was simply using it as a figure of speech. Like I said, everyone should ask questions when they don't understand what is happening. I agree that Flan is a non-problem maker and I actually cringed when I saw her post because I knew it would result in a warning. 

I honestly don't want to bicker over all this because it is all very trivial at this point. 

And my response was to everyone, not just you which is why I included the bit about the accidental deletion. I'm sorry my style of posting isn't to your liking. I will improve my personal quality.

• ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    emmaaa said:

emmaaa said:

MagicInk said:

lyndausvi said:

I am fully aware stoning is a real thing, I was simply using it as a figure of speech. Like I said, everyone should ask questions when they don't understand what is happening. I agree that Flan is a non-problem maker and I actually cringed when I saw her post because I knew it would result in a warning. 

I honestly don't want to bicker over all this because it is all very trivial at this point. 

And my response was to everyone, not just you which is why I included the bit about the accidental deletion. I'm sorry my style of posting isn't to your liking. I will improve my personal quality.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I never said it was Lynda. I said someone. But thanks for the obnoxious PSA.

ETA- and I referred to the totally non-accidental accidental thread deletion because the situations were similar. 
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    emmaaa said:

emmaaa said:

MagicInk said:

lyndausvi said:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KahlylaKahlyla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    MagicInk said:

emmaaa said:

emmaaa said:

MagicInk said:

lyndausvi said:

You said we were "stoning" a mod. When we weren't. We said "WTF? That stupid" and made jokes. That's not even kind of stoning. Or attack, or being mean, or freaking out. I wasn't even aware it was a thing a mod did until Lynda came back, told us all to unbunch our panties, made a vaguely transphobic comment, and got upset we bothered to ever question anyone ever.

I thought it was just a stupid thing TK's software. You know, TK's known for being glitchy software that is stupid and glitches often. And when I saw Flan was free, I figured someone unglitched it. Until Lynda CHOOSE to tell us otherwise.

*BOX*

Yes, I was also referring to the software, or at least to the rules that (may or may not) govern modship here. I realize my post may have sounded like I was calling out Lynda specifically, but I was more questioning why the mods might be forced into a particular type of action by their superiors or by the limitations of the site. It wasn't my intention to blame her as a person.
  • I feel like we're one special snowflake away from a TB style exodus....

Helllllllz no. Y'all a'int gettin' rid of this problem child.

[insert shit-eating grin gif here]

• On a lighter note.. just googled my name and it mostly comes up with old ladies and obituaries.. hmmm.. and a couple college gymnastics pics that will never go away. I'm proud of the sport I did but you don't wear much so there's that...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • #freeflantastic

#impeachoversensitivemods
  • If I was stupid enough to post my full first and last name here, y'all could find a TON of stuff about me. And that would be totally my fault.
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015

If I was stupid enough to post my full first and last name here, y'all could find a TON of stuff about me. And that would be totally my fault.

way to blame the victim.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    lyndausvi said:

If I was stupid enough to post my full first and last name here, y'all could find a TON of stuff about me. And that would be totally my fault.

way to blame the victim.
    I hope you meant to put this in the sarcasm font
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015

lyndausvi said:

KatWAG said:

way to blame the victim.
    Lol except she wasn't a "victim" of anything. No one called her employer, no one got her fired, no showed up at her house. 

A for sass effort; F for execution. Try again, when you get your hateboner for me back up.

Someone could have....

I dunno, I think everyone jumped on the OP kind of, well, not nicely.  Yes her question was pretty lame.  But to take her name and go find her other personal info, and post it wasn't cool.  Sure the regs here may just be having fun, but some lurker could have read it and used it negatively.  It's like if you find a credit card on the street, does that mean you can go use it?  No, you should probably just turn it in or destroy it. 

Married 9.12.15
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    edited May 2015

lyndausvi said:

KatWAG said:

way to blame the victim.
    Lol except she wasn't a "victim" of anything. No one called her employer, no one got her fired, no showed up at her house. 

A for sass effort; F for execution. Try again, when you get your hateboner for me back up.

Someone could have....

I dunno, I think everyone jumped on the OP kind of, well, not nicely.  Yes her question was pretty lame.  But to take her name and go find her other personal info, and post it wasn't cool.  It's like if you find a credit card on the street, does that mean you can go use it?  No, you should probably just turn it in or destroy it. 

Your analogy doesn't work.

A credit card on the street would be lost and not there intentionally. The OP purposefully put all her info out there. Knotties tried to explain the risks and she didn't care.

Why should I "destroy" any information that is readily given to me?

ETA: you have been around long enough to not spew bullshit like the bolded.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • lyndausvi said:

lyndausvi said:

KatWAG said:

way to blame the victim.

A for sass effort; F for execution.

and you know that how?    It's certainly happen before.   You have no idea how many lurkers there are nor do you know what they are doing with the information.

And yes, you did just victim blame.  Maybe not specifically her, but your words said that if you are stupid enough to have your first and last names, then you deserve what happens.      That is BS and you know it.
    Girllllll, you need to get off my dick.

This chick posted her own info. That is her fault. Had someone used that info to harm her, it would be that someone's fault. That did not, to anyone's knowledge, happen. Had it, i'm certain you would do more scolding from your high horse.

Victim blaming: "Oh, you posted your info online and then someone found you and stabbed you? THAT'S WHAT YOU GET, BITCH."

Not victim-blaming (as no victimization has happened): "You posted your info online, and now people can find out more about you? SHOCKER"
  • Also, I don't think anyone here thinks anyone deserves to be doxxed and harrassed. . .hence why pPl we're trying to warn OP.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• WOW, a lot happened while I was at lunch...

I just Googled myself (I giggle at that phrase), and there are only two photos of me in the first page of results, a few of family members, and then a bunch of randos. And I don't have a common name by any stretch of the imagination, so now I have to wonder where the hell Google pulled all the randos from.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAGKatWAG member

KatWAG said:

lyndausvi said:

KatWAG said:

way to blame the victim.

Someone could have....

I dunno, I think everyone jumped on the OP kind of, well, not nicely.  Yes her question was pretty lame.  But to take her name and go find her other personal info, and post it wasn't cool.  It's like if you find a credit card on the street, does that mean you can go use it?  No, you should probably just turn it in or destroy it. 

A credit card on the street would be lost and not there intentionally. The OP purposefully put all her info out there. Knotties tried to explain the risks and she didn't care.

My point was, yes, she put the info out there.  She might not be the smartest person.  But that somehow gives everyone permission to take advantage of that and start posting her stuff they found by searching her name like where she works, etc?  Not really.  There's a reason it's against the TOS here.

And, to me at least, the analogy does work.  Someone could say "Oh well someone was dumb enough to lose their credit card, so I might as well take advantage of their stupidity". 

And yes, I have been here long enough to know that there's a group of regs that jumps on every post they might consider to be dumb, and goes nuts with it.  It's like that on any message board with "regs".  Doesn't mean I have to agree with it or keep quiet about my own opinion.

Loosing a credit card is an accident. The OP didn't accidently post her personal information. She wanted us to know her and her fi's name because she wanted help on a trivial topic.

And if you don't like us, why are you still hanging around?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:

KatWAG said:

lyndausvi said:

KatWAG said:

way to blame the victim.

Someone could have....

My point was, yes, she put the info out there.  She might not be the smartest person.  But that somehow gives everyone permission to take advantage of that and start posting her stuff they found by searching her name like where she works, etc?  Not really.  There's a reason it's against the TOS here.

And, to me at least, the analogy does work.  Someone could say "Oh well someone was dumb enough to lose their credit card, so I might as well take advantage of their stupidity". 

And yes, I have been here long enough to know that there's a group of regs that jumps on every post they might consider to be dumb, and goes nuts with it.  It's like that on any message board with "regs".  Doesn't mean I have to agree with it or keep quiet about my own opinion.

Loosing a credit card is an accident. The OP didn't accidently post her personal information. She wanted us to know her and her fi's name because she wanted help on a trivial topic.

And if you don't like us, why are you still hanging around?

Where did I say I didn't like the boards or most of the people on them?  I just said there's a group of folks here who do things I don't always agree with, and from time to time, I may express my opinions that don't agree with them.  There's also a lot of good information and good conversations here.  If you don't like me, well then, that's not my problem.
    Married 9.12.15

• lyndausvi said:

KatWAG said:

way to blame the victim.

Someone could have....

I dunno, I think everyone jumped on the OP kind of, well, not nicely.  Yes her question was pretty lame.  But to take her name and go find her other personal info, and post it wasn't cool.  Sure the regs here may just be having fun, but some lurker could have read it and used it negatively.  It's like if you find a credit card on the street, does that mean you can go use it?  No, you should probably just turn it in or destroy it. 

Girlfriend. We do that everytime someone has a shitty s/n that has too much of their real info in it. Someone goes "Change your s/n cause in like 5 seconds I found your linkedin, your FB, your IG, your whatever social media". But we don't nothing with that shit. 

And we google to verify. I could put my s/n as FionaSmyth. Sort of looks like a real name right? Not my real name. So if you type it into google and go "Yo I found some info on you using your s/n" I could be all "Weird cause not me". 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards