Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Any Italian Food Lovers? (Rehearsal Dinner Menu Help!)

A little background info: My Uncle is marrying his long time girlfriend next month and I'm a bridesmaid in their wedding. The rehearsal dinner is at an Italian restaurant in the city and the bride emailed us the menu options we have to choose from but...I don't know what most of it is! I can figure out the wild baby arugula just fine and the salmon and tiramisu as well but I don't know the rest. I tried looking up the restaraunt to see if it went into more detail or had pictures or anything but it doesn't, this is exactly what is on their website as well. Thank you in advance for any help!

First 
 Zuppa del Giorno
Wild Baby Arugula shaved pair, pecorino, lemon vinaigrette

Second
ROLATINI arugula, fontina, muschroom
ZUCCA roasted butternut squash, light butter and sage
SALMON cherry tomato fregola, warm olive vinaigrette

Desert
Tiramisu
Sourcream Panna Cotta pistachio, fresh berries

Re: Any Italian Food Lovers? (Rehearsal Dinner Menu Help!)

• Hi!

- "Zuppa del Giorno" is Italian for "Soup of the Day."
    - "Rolatini" are the official way of saying "lasagna roll-ups."
    - "Zucca" is Italian for "squash" - not clear here if it'll be a pasta dish or what (I imagine it would be - with that combo it's usually a stuffed pasta, though not always).
    - "Panna cotta" is kind of like a set pudding (meaning it doesn't come up in a bowl usually but on a plate). A sour cream version sounds odd to me, but the pistachio and berries are pretty typical.
  • edited May 2015
    Do you want this moved from Snarky Brides to Food an Cakes? 

etf boards
    *********************************************************************************

• I'm moving this because there's no reason at all for it to be on Snark.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• QOTC2016QOTC2016 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    Oops, sorry @beethery, I had multiple windows open. I didn't look where I was posting! That's my fault. Thank you!

southernbelle0915 yes, beethery has it though! Thank you!

@allispain thank you for that clarification! That helps immensely!
  • Happy to help - and to put my semester abroad to work :-)
  • Serirouly, people, USE THE GOOGLE.
  • I actually tried to google it but there were so many different variations of each meal/menu item that poppped up that I just gave up. I need an "Italian food for Dummies" book. 
  • QOTC2016 said:

I actually tried to google it but there were so many different variations of each meal/menu item that poppped up that I just gave up. I need an "Italian food for Dummies" book. 

Call up the caterer and ask for a better description if Google got you nowhere... Or google the caterer's menu/images...
  • @MesmrEwe now that I know what lasagna rollups are, that's what I'll order so I'm not concerned with the rest of it anymore and I'm just going to let the rest go. I did originally look up the restaurant as well and their menu was word for word the same description as the above. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards