Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

I put on a wedding dress today ...

louxnoellelouxnoelle member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
I put on a ton of wedding dresses today, actually. It was my first time, and the process was - kind of a lot. It was a long afternoon and I came out of it a little overwhelmed, but overall it was a good start. I now know what I like and what I don't (in real-life, not just in magazines or Pinterest), so appointments will definitely be streamlined in the future.

Also? I've had a crush on a particular dress for MONTHS. And I tried it on. And I love it. And I want it.

The sample they had was 3 sizes too big, so it's clamped within an inch of its life, but there's still some excess fabric adding a bit of bulk; in my size, the bust will be higher and a little more structured/supportive, the waist can be pulled in another inch or so, and the bottom will also have a lot more structure (I'm too short for it, so it's kind of baggy and pooling towards the bottom.

Any thoughts? Thanks, ladies!

ETA: The picture would probably be helpful.

Re: I put on a wedding dress today ...

• Options
    Beautiful! I think it looks stunning on you.
  • Options
    Even with the poor fit, it's gorgeous on you. Time to try on a bunch of similar things and make sure it's the one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I love that on you.  
  • Options
    Gorgeous dress and it looks great on you!
  • Options
    I think  it looks great on you! And what's even better is that you seem confident in it.

• Options
    You look absolutely gorgeous in that dress!!
  • Options

Even with the poor fit, it's gorgeous on you. Time to try on a bunch of similar things and make sure it's the one.

This is exactly where I'm at. BFF and I are going to two more appointments this coming Monday, justtt so I can reassure myself that I've seen enough others to know it's the one.

Thank you all for your kind words! I've gained significant weight in the past year or so, and trying dresses on this "new body" was kind of emotionally daunting. Thank you for helping me feel beautiful!
  • Options
    You have a beautiful figure and that dress looks great on you! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    You look gorgeous! 
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    It's perfect and I want to motor boat you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    wow. Love the dress! Really flatters your figure, you look great!

Definitely try on a couple more in that style and if you keep comparing them to that one, then you know youve got a winner! (and if it looks that good when its that big on you, imagine how it will look in your size!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards