Honeymoon Discussions

Just booked Westin Maui Resort and Spa!

behsco90behsco90 member
5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
edited May 2015 in Honeymoon Discussions
We've stayed in Maui before, but not at this hotel.  For those who have stayed here - any recommendations or tips on making our honeymoon even better at this hotel?  Like requesting a specific room, or making sure we get to the pool by a certain time, booking excursions, etc.  We will be staying at the end of August for 8 days.

Thanks so much!!

Edit: typo
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just booked Westin Maui Resort and Spa!

• I didn't stay there, but my FIL and his friend have a Westin time share.  They stayed there for our wedding.  We went to visit them and it was beautiful.  The restaurant we ate at was really good.  I booked a spa package there and they were amazing!!!  My FIL really like it.
  • I recommend checking out TripAdvisor for that hotel.  I always read up on what people have to say about the hotel, the room tips, etc.....and then put in a request before we arrive.  Enjoy!  We stayed at the Sheraton last fall.....we never got around to walking past Whalers Village to see the Westin!
  • daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    We stayed there on our honeymoon. I wasn't the biggest fan, but I hope you have a better experience. Ask for a room as far away from the elevators. If you have a rental car, the parking lot is very tiny, so most of the time we had to use valet. There isn't a charge when the lot is full, but you end up shelling out a lot of money in tips.

There is a snorkel stand next to the Westin (if you are facing the ocean, it's to your right). You can rental snorkel gear for the week for about $25-totally worth it. The black rock at the north end of the beach, in front of the Sheraton, is some of the best snorkeling in the island, and you can reach it from shore. We went nearly every day.

The best part of the Westin is their spa-it really is incredible. They offer discounts on the first two appointments of the day, so if you want to save some money, and don't mind an early awakening, it's great. I highly recommend a scrub, their seven shower head thing is amazing.

The restaurants are just OK, they have a luau but I think it's better to go to Lahaina for the Old Lahaina Luau.
  • Thanks ladies!!!

@JoanE2012 - We did check TripAdvisor for all the hotels in Ka'anappali before we booked.  But I know some of the reviews (especially the bad ones) can be exaggerated if they didn't have a good experience so I just wanted to check in with you ladies!

@daria24 - thanks for the tips!  I did read about the tiny parking lot, but it seems most of the hotels I looked at had that problem.  I figured we had to compromise somewhere. $25 for snorkel is awesome!  Last time we stayed in Lahaina we snorkeled at Black Rock - we loved it!  And we will definitely check out the spa!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree....I usually try and ignore the really bad reviews and the really good reviews and read everything in between.  Have you seen their "room tip" feature?  I use that, then google until I find a resort map, and try and plan out where I want to stay on the resort.

When we stayed at the Sheraton, I did all my research and requested a particular wing.  They upgraded us upon arrival, but it was actually an awful upgrade to us....3 elevators to get to the pool/beach and just so far away from everything.  We went back to the desk and requested a change of room.  Point is, don't be afraid to ask for something different if you're not happy when you get there too!

If you haven't done it already....we really enjoyed the sunrise at Haleakala and did a self guided bike tour down.  There's only a couple of companies that allow you to bike down on your own and not with a group, and we enjoyed going at our own pace.  We stopped at a lodge for breakfast.  I think we had a 1am wakeup call, but well worth it....it was one of my favorite things we did on that trip!  Pack accordingly though.....it was very cold and windy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards