Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thurs(Fri)day

Good morning! It's my Friday! 

Last night, I picked up my bridesmaid dress from the tailor and it's perfect! H and I finally bought curtains for the dining room and a curtain rod for the hallway window and then we went out to dinner for margs and guac! We got home kind of late and watched hockey and then it was too late to hang the curtains :( I can't wait to see how they look though! 

Tonight I'm going to Nitro Circus which is BMX/skateboarders doing cool stunts and tricks. When I get home I need to pack for the weekend. I leave early tomorrow morning to meet @GoldenPenguin for day-before-her-wedding things! We have manis/pedis and a little shopping on the agenda. The rehearsal (+dinner) is tomorrow night and then we're having a sleepover. I can't believe the wedding is in TWO DAYS! I get choked up every time I think about it. 

Happy Thursday, ladies!

Re: Thurs(Fri)day

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin - SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!

@Swazzle - Sounds like you guys are going to have so much fun!

It's my Friday too!  I'm here at work for 1/2 a day.  I have SO much to do before we leave for our vacation.  I need to get laundry done, mow the grass, vacuum, clean the bathroom, clean the dogs, get the cats all ready for their house sitter, pack and the list goes on and on and on!  I just like coming back from vaca and only having vaca laundry to do.  It's ok if it doesn't all get done.

I decided to go off my diet today until I get back from vaca.  I'm hoping H and I get enough done around the house we can go out for a nice dinner.  I know BIL wanted me to fix his bike up for him so he'd have it for the weekend, so we might do that too (depending on time).

Anniversary
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @Dignity100 - Why isn't your H helping?! Where are you going on your vacation?

• Options

That's fun! I have heard of Nitro Circus the tv show but didn't know they actually performed live shows. And have a blast at the wedding, I'm SURE you will and everything will be amazing!

My brother & SIL had their 3rd baby at midnight last night so I'm probably going to visit today after work.

And seriously FUCK house hunting. We have seen so many, and nothing we like (and we're not picky I swear). Yesterday at 6am one came on the market that we were so excited about. By the time the realtor called at 4pm to make our appointment it was under agreement. How the fuck does that happen?!?! How did someone get there like during the work day within hours?! I don't understand and it's so frustrating.

• Options
    @swazzle - margs and guac sounds amazing right now. even at 9:15am.

@goldenpenguin - two days!!!!!!

@dignity100 - i forget...where are you going on vaca? good luck getting all those things done before your trip!

@southernpeach89 - glad the pediatrician visit went well!! how long do you get for maternity leave? does H get any paternity leave?

@twodimes - i refuse to make any ST pasta because i have ZERO self control with pasta so i will eat ALL of it and therefore defeat the purpose of making a healthy meal. :( BF and i also started binge watching Friends (though we both had seen it) in January....i think we finished in like 2-3 weeks though. what does that say about our level of couch-potatoness? have fun at your first fitting!! how exciting!!

i didnt run last night but i walked 2 miles at lunch and just over 2 miles home from work last night so i feel good. other than that nothing much going on.
    BF is working tonight so i will def go for a run. he has barely worked this month....i think maybe 4 days in all of may? its not his fault, i made him take off last weekend for family stuff and the weekdays have been slow because the red sox havent been home in awhile. but i think he is stressed because if he doesnt work he doenst make money. but hes working today through sun so hopefully he has some awesome days to balance it out. he also gets super bored when hes not working. i dont blame him. its frustrating that he doesnt get his work schedule until literally 2-3 days ahead of time so he cant really pick up another job. something like uber would be perfect for him but he has an irish drivers license so i dont think they will accept that. but at the end of the day, hes only 24 and hes in a  better place financially than i was at 24 so hes obviously doing something right.

ok end rant.
  • Options
    @Swazzle Nitro Circus?! That's awesome!! BF would love that! Also have so much fun at @GoldenPeguins WEDDING IN TWO DAYS!!! 

@Dignity100 Have fun on vacation!

@Southernpeach89 I feel you on the tired. BF invited Tessie to sleep with us last night, and by sleep with us I mean on my legs so that I can't move and don't get any covers because they get stuck under her big furry ass!!

I'm going out tonight for a retirement dinner for a woman I used to work with. I'm excited to see all the ladies I used to work with and catch up! I also want to eat and drink all the things!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @goldenpenguin, eeeee!

@all who currently are having Friday, damn you. I so want Friday. I am the Swiss ski jumper with work this week going "I'm there!"

Nothing much doing up here. It's rainy, which is good. So far. I think. The crops seem happy; as long as they seem happy, rain is good. I have a couple reviews to do today, which is good - fills the day. H and I are starting to get control of the house again - if it stays rainy, we have a much better chance of just plain finishing that up.
  • Options
    Dignity100Dignity100 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2015
    @Swazzle - H is helping - he just goes off my list though (so if I have like 'vacuum' written down on my 'to do list' he will see it and help me out, not sure if that makes sense.  We're going
    back to Disney, just for an extended weekend (it will be Star Wars
    Weekends @ Disney though).  I'm looking forward to getting away, but I
    kind of wish we were going somewhere else.

@jenna8984 - Keep
    looking!  I know with my first house it took me FOREVER to find one that
    I liked.  I had a couple that failed inspection too.

@jenjen047 - That's gotta be frustrating for your BF.  Is he looking for something a little more stable?

Anniversary
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    @southernpeach89 - It's so crazy how much stuff you have to take care of before Baby Velociraptornotachicken even arrives! You're going to be such an amazing mama <3

@TwoDimes - Ohhhh I haven't made that recipe yet! It's delish? Pics or it didn't happen on Saturday!

@jenna8984 - Girllll, I hear ya. House hunting can be a real pain in the ass! H and I were ONE DAY before closing on a house back in October and the whole deal fell through. It was awful (at the time and for a few months after), however, I am SO SO SO glad we didn't buy that house and I'm now a firm believer in everything happens for a reason. We started looking again in December and closed/moved into our home in January. It's tough, but try to be patient and don't settle. YOUR house will come along! 

• Options
    @jenna8984 - are you in new england? (guessing from your "clam bakes & patriots" location ;)) i agree thats super frustrating that someone was able to snatch a house so quickly!! BF and i arent actually looking but we like to browse and have basically accepted that we will be at least 30 min outside Boston when we do buy just based on our budget and what we like. if it were up to me id buy something sooner, but BF isnt comfortable with that and wants to wait until we are married. oh well.

also i forgot to add above that my morning started by seeing a GIANT COCKROACH on the floor of my bedroom. seriously the body was probably 3/4 of a inch long, maybe even an inch. i started screaming for BF and he came in and killed the fucker. i generally dont like to kill bugs but when it comes to roaches FUCK THAT NOISE i will do whatever i have to. one time i didnt have Raid so i just poured ammonia and bleach on it and put a glass over it so it basically created a gas chamber. i dont even feel bad.
  • Options
    I'm jealous of everyone's Thur(Fri)days! 
    I'm back at work today, but I'm not doing any better at all. In fact I feel worse, but 2 other coworkers are out with sinus infections and our boss is out for her daughter's wedding this weekend. I felt bad leaving them hanging, so I came in. I don't know how much help I can be though. But I'm here...a body in a chair, at least.

@swazzle make sure you hug and kiss @goldenpenguin for me! I'm so so so happy for her to become an OMH this weekend!!!! 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    @dignity100 - have fun in disney! are you and H big star wars fans?

BF isnt looking for a new job yet because with the visa he has there arent many options for him. and i dont meant to sound super pessimistic. hes been at this job since oct and overall has done very well. he might have a slow week but then a few really great weeks, so it all evens out in the end. he also just got a promotion last week so he will start getting a small commission off sales from people below him, in addition to his own commission, which will be nice. once we are married and visas are a thing of the past he will defintely get a new job.

ETF spelling
  • Options
    Swazzle said:

@southernpeach89 - It's so crazy how much stuff you have to take care of before Baby Velociraptornotachicken even arrives! You're going to be such an amazing mama <3

@jenna8984 - Girllll, I hear ya. House hunting can be a real pain in the ass! H and I were ONE DAY before closing on a house back in October and the whole deal fell through. It was awful (at the time and for a few months after), however, I am SO SO SO glad we didn't buy that house and I'm now a firm believer in everything happens for a reason. We started looking again in December and closed/moved into our home in January. It's tough, but try to be patient and don't settle. YOUR house will come along! 

I don't know whatever inside joke that came from but it's fucking hilarious!!

OMG! We had an offer on one and pulled out last week because of sketchy stuff at inspection. I could never imagine getting all the way through to the day before close! That must have been heartbreaking, but I am so happy that you found something better! I know we will find something better too but it sucks being patient when stuff gets snatched up before your eyes.

@jenjen047 Hey! Yea good old Massachusetts. We are actually just south of Worcester. Neither of us work anywhere near Boston. So prices are definitely cheaper than Boston metro but they are still pretty ridiculous just being an hour away. gaaaaahh cockroaches are nasty!!!

• Options
    @dignity100 Thanks!! Have an awesome time at Disney! I don't even know/ watch Star Wars but that sounds fun to see people all dressed up.

• Options
    @jenna8984 - good old worcester! i grew up in northboro :) i love central MA but my parents live on the south shore now so i think we will probably be looking in that area when we do buy. prices in all of new england are crazypants. in NC i bought a 3 year old 1400 sq ft 3 bed condo for $150k. meanwhile my 400 sq ft slanty-floored, 125 year old condo in the fenway was $225k. gross. sending you positive vibes for finding the perfect house and patience vibes!!

there are at least 3-4 new england gals on this board @phira @lavenderfields13....im feeling a summer GTG needs to happen
  • Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    @Jenna8984 I'm a Masshole too! We bought our house on the south shore. When we were looking the house that we finally ended up with was more then our budget. One day the price dropped so we called our realtor right away and she contacted the selling realtor. There was already another couple that had contacted her so we went right after work at like 4pm. We had her bring the paperwork and put in the offer on the spot. Apparently so did the other couple but the family selling went with ours because we had no stipulation and we actually offered a little over because we wanted it so bad.

But for bad stories, we found a house we loved in pictures and scheduled to go see it. We were at the house scheduled before it, which was a total DUMP and got a call from the selling realtor that they were canceling our appt because the house just went under agreement. We were so discouraged because we were really looking forward to it, so our realtor took us anyways and we put in a back-up offer. The selling realtor thought the first might fall through so he was all for it, but the two/three weeks between we didn't know if we should keep looking or wait. It was miserable and BF really LOVED that house, but we never heard about it until after we were already in contract for our house and it did end up falling through. 

So I know it's hard but it will work out!!! We are so happy with our house now, location and everything! Fingers crossed you find something soon!!

ETA: @Dignity100 HAVE SO MUCH FUN!! I'm jealous!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @jenjen047 ME TOO!! I would love to do a GTG!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    I only have a half day tomorrow so it's almost a Thurs(Fri)day for me. I'm going to a good friend's wedding tomorrow and I'm so excited!! I'm annoyed that I have to work on Saturday though. The wedding is about an hour drive away so we'll probably get home pretty late. We were just going to get a hotel but since I have to be at work at 8:30 we decided just to make the drive back tomorrow night.

• Options
    ugh @bethsmiles im sorry you have to work the day after a wedding :( do you work at a bank? for some reason i think you do but not sure if i just made that up in my head
  • Options
    @jenjen047 - Yup, well a credit union but it's basically the same really.

• Options

@jenjen047 Oh no shit! My aunt lives in Northboro. She's always like you should look here and I'm like dude I'd love to but it's double my budget! We're more in the 395 south area where it's considerably cheaper. And I totally hear you on the cost of living...my parents moved to SC and bought a massive house for 160k- some days I wish I could just move down there.

@caseface5 That's awesome, I'm glad your realtor was awesome and you beat out the other people! It's helpful to hear that everyone had as much of a pain in the ass time and I'm having LOL

I'd also love a meetup :)

• Options

@swazzle have a great time this weekend.

@Goldenpenguin have a great wedding!

My allergies are miserable, it is not fun.   My nose is so stuffy.  I'm so excited the Rangers won last night!  I'm ready for it to be Friday and the weekend.  It's been cold the past few morning this morning I had some tea I was so cold.  We don't have too much going on tonight or Friday, but I need to get in a lot of studying and we need to do some cleaning.  Saturday my IL's are coming up for a late mother's day dinner.  That will be a lot of fun.  I'm looking forward to it.  Sunday my niece's is getting baptised and then it's her party.  That should be fun.  It wil be a busy weekend but a fun one.  I'm just ready to get it started now.

Anniversary

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin AHHHH TWO DAYS! I CAN'T EVEN! OMG!

@Swazzle As always, you have a stellar weekend planned. :) BEST WEEKEND EVER!

@Dignity100 Have fun in WDW! So jealous! A friend of mine posted their magic bands on FB yesterday, and FI and I were like :(:(:( lol

@southernpeach89 Awww I'm so glad the pediatrician visit went well for Baby Velociraptornotachicken! And OMG, I just looked at your ticker and realized you've already reached the halfway point in your pregnancy. YAY! He/She will be here before you know it!

@TwoDimes First wedding dress fitting!!!!! 

@jenna8984 Ugh, that sucks so much about the house! I've heard stories of houses in my area being on the market for all of 10 minutes. Obviously the economy has recovered, geez. I really hope you guys find something soon!

@bethsmiles Have fun at the wedding!

@Peaseblossom55 I hope you feel better soon! Allergy problems are the worst :(
    -----------
    I had a bit of a meltdown last night, and I'm feeling a little guilty about it. I'm always the one handling all of the complicated things like negotiating our lease renewal, planning our wedding, planning our honeymoon, handling our various insurance policies, etc. I'm normally OK with handling these things, but lately it's just been one thing after another. Last night I started getting really bummed because it looks like my FitBit may be defective (or just REALLY REALLY inaccurate), so I started the process of contacting customer service to get a replacement/troubleshoot. I'd already been dealing with AA yesterday trying to figure out some issues with some bonus miles that weren't showing up in my account, and I was just annoyed in general that things are never simple and straight forward. Last night as I was picking up around the apartment, I found a piece of mail from the surgery center where I had my sinus surgery last December, and it was a friggin bill for $1800 even though I'd been told back in December that I didn't owe the surgery center anything. Add to that FI was still complaining about his job while doing absolutely nothing to change his situation, and I kind of lost it. I got a little hysterical and basically told him that I'm really overwhelmed and stressed out with all of these little, complicated, annoying issues that keep popping up. While I'm normally fine with being the one who handles ALL the things, there's just a lot of stuff to handle right now. I try not to bother him with stuff because he works long hours and is so stressed about work, but to see him not even being proactive about his career and just wallowing while I'm trying to balance all of these things on my plate is too much. He apologized and immediately applied for two jobs that he'd had sitting open on his computer for DAYS now, and he helped calm me down. I felt really guilty for just losing it like that, but UGH. I'll still be the one handling all of these issues, but at least he's finally being proactive about his job search. 

Sorry I'm a downer today! Yesterday really was great up until the late afternoon. I'm hoping today will be very productive. I made a very long to-do list of things that absolutely must get done today, and I'm looking forward to crossing everything off that list.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

@swazzle - I could watch Beyonce gifs all day. That one is particularly mesmerizing.

@jenjen047 - I have never been strong enough to kill a cockroach. They always seem to survive my stomping/smashing. Maybe I've only fought huge ones or something.

----------------------------

So, I never wanted kids. I spent enough time babysitting my billions of nieces/nephews and working in a nursery that I just knew it wasn't for me..... Then I met BF, and he wants kids. And I saw how cute he was with his nephews, and my heart just kind of went "Awwww, okay, I'll give him kids."....... And then yesterday we went to Carter's and Babies R Us to shop for my friend's baby shower this weekend, and I saw all the adorable pregnant couples, and I touched the soft tiny baby clothes, and now I'm pretty fucking sure I want kids. Haha! Not now, though. Later.

• Options
    @eilis1228 it's typical this time of year, but my neti pot help.  Thanks!

Anniversary

• Options
    @eilis1228 - *hugs* I hope today goes better for you!

• Options
    labrolabro member
    edited May 2015
    @Swazzle I hope you have a super duper fun time this weekend with @GoldenPenguin!! I wish I could be there!

@jenna8984 Don't get discouraged. I know the market is crazy and tough, but I'm the same as Swazzle, I think the right house will come long at the right time. Sometimes it's ok to take a step back from the house buying process for a bit.

@southernpeach89 You are NOT a monster! You are an adorable pregnant lady with the cutest baby bump ever!!!!

@GoldenPenguin 2 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@TwoDimes Please AW photos from your fitting!!!

Tonight we have friends coming in to town to stay at our house while they attend a wedding. I went to the grocery store and picked up ingredients to make the following:

For sides I'm going to roast some butternut squash and we'll also have a mixed salad. I can't wait to see them! The last time we got to hang out was at our wedding and that doesn't really count since you only get to talk to people for a few minutes anyway.

Last night H and I did some yard work. We mowed our new sod for the first time ever and I moved a bunch of my seedlings from their starter pots in to the garden. I may or may not have killed most of the brussel sprouts seedlings, but I guess we'll see what happens. I still have more veggies to plant but either the seeds haven't sprouted yet or they aren't mature enough to go out in the garden yet.

Last night was also really sad. Our neighbor's little white Maltese Petey got hit by a car somewhere. H and I had no idea until I heard one of their little boys crying and whimpering in the backyard. I thought he had hurt himself so I rushed back there and saw them burying the dog. I'm planning to bring them a sympathy card and maybe some flowers later today. It was so sad. Petey was kind of annoying (he liked to bark at Cinders) but he was just so sweet and funny and loveable. I really feel for them.

• Options
    @jenjen047 I get 13 weeks for Maternity Leave and DH gets probably a week plus how ever many sick days he has built up.

@Swazzle Thank you! I'm trying!! There are so many things!

@eillis1228 EEK!!! I know! It's crazy!!!

• Options
    @labro - im so sorry for your neighbors. that is so sad im crying. at my desk. :( i have a little white maltipoo and i would be devastated if she got hit by a car. even just thinking about something happening to her (shes only 5) makes me cry. i think it would be really sweet of you to bring them a card and some flowers.

@southernpeach89 - wow thats really good! im not sure about the company im at now but my old job didnt give anything....most women just uesd FMLA. when BF and i have a baby i am mildly considering moving to ireland where 1. health care is free and 2. you get 26 weeks at 80% salary plus another 16 unpaid if you want. plus you must take off the last 2 weeks before your due date.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @jenjen047 It almost brought me to tears last night. It's so hard losing a dog (even when they are ill and you know it's time for them to go) but I can't imagine the pain and the loss you'd feel after your dog got hit by a car. Petey was pretty young, only 3 I think, so it just feels absolutely terrible. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards