Wedding Woes
Options

Thusday. :D

My sister finds out Monday what she's having.  BUT she's doing her gender reveal at bunco on Thursday.  She invited me and my younger sister.  I'm more excited about bunco, because I'd be happy with a niece or a nephew.  :) 

I love when doctor's offices call you with test results, leave a message for you to call back, and then you have to leave a message for them to call you back.  And then it turns out the test results are normal.  And you checked the option to have them leave that info on VM...so yeah.  I liked my old doc's method better.  She had you fill out a postcard and mailed it to you if it was normal.

I went to bed at 9:30 last night, which is very early for me.  No DefConn visit either.  So why am I still tired? 

Re: Thusday. :D

• Options
    My doctor has a secure place on her website where you can review your normal results. Much more convient for sure.
  • Options
    I've got a crazy weekend ahead of me.

Tonight the girls have baseball pictures at 5:30 and Son has a game at 7:30.  (I think both will be rained out, in which case I will be doing tomorrow's errands tonight)

Tomorrow I have to go to Target, get groceries, and get all the food for the shower.  Son has a game at 5:30.

Saturday I have to pick up my sister's shower cake, spend the day at my aunt's making mints for the shower and Son has a game at 5:30.

Sunday is the shower.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

AAAAAnd we booked vacation.  Six nights in a cabin in Gatlinburg.  DH is worried it's too long so I'm out to prove him wrong.  The place has a pool table, air hockey, arcade game, on-site pool and mini golf.  I think we could spend two days just bumming around there.  We'll do a day in Dollywood, maybe Dixie Stampede, and the gondola ride up the mountain.  He's crazy if he doesn't think we can do this.  Granted this is the longest vacation we've taken since 6let was 9 months old and prior to that was our honeymoon.  He's the king of long weekends.

• Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Wow, Taw that makes me tired.  ;)

I'm thinking I may be in the clear with my female issues.  I finally called the dr. yesterday rather than staring at google topic threads of people saying "I bled for 5 months". 

She'll issue me a script tomorrow if I'm still having issues.  Ugh.  Good thing we aren't trying yet...because that would've been awkward.  H wouldn't even have considered it. 

H was asked by a coworker to be in uniform and cuff him and his newlywed wife at the end of their wedding ceremony on Saturday.  I'm not sure if I'm expected to attend that, but we did get an invite to the reception....so yeah.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    Goofy knot.  It missed the first part.  Today is M2's last day of preschool.  She's got a popsicle party and she's very excited to share a special song they learned.  I have my canning class tonight.  I never thought I'd be sooooo excited for a canning class.
  • Options
    DD1 had to take a baby picture and 3 clues about who it is to school today.  I looked through so many baby pictures last night and reminisced.  I can't believe she's almost done with kindergarten.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2015
    Ditto taw on the crazy schedule.  TBH, swim practice is sort of kicking my ass, and I totally brought it on myself.  It's just that having something every evening is kind of draining by the end of the week, more than I thought it would be.  I can handle it okay, I just don't want the kids to be drained.  (Not that DS minded playing in the pool yesterday, it's just that collectively, we don't have much downtime right now.  And I'm pro-downtime.) 

DH's schedule should be better again after this week, so we can tag team next week.  And next week should be the last soccer practice, so once that's done, that's one more day we get back.  And we only have four more weeks of Tu-Th evening practices, so it's not like this is going to be our whole summer.  I think it's manageable, but it's an adjustment.

Time trials start tonight, and Saturday is soccer picture day in addition to her second-to-last game.  So we'll be hauling everyone there early for photos.  I already told Wooz this a.m. that we are doing nothing on Sunday.  And by nothing, I mean lazy breakfast, sidewalk chalk, walk the nature trail, build with Legos, etc.      
  • Options
    I'm still worn out with all of the cleaning and trip prep. I wish we had more done, but we're getting there. I dyed and highlighted my hair last night, so i worked on cleaning out the master bath while the color was processing. Tonight will be laundry, finishing the upstairs rooms, and starting to pack. I have tomorrow off, so I'm getting a massage, a pedi (first one since i broke my ankle!), and doing a little shopping (I have $60 or 70 in Kohl's cash, a 30% off coupon, an extra coupon for $9 off for being an MVC for 9 years, and a $25 GC.)
  • Options
    pegasuskatpegasuskat member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited May 2015
    6 - spend at least a day driving across the mountain and stop at the lookouts.  The kids would probably like to hike up to Clingman's Dome.  Then there is a old settlement that's cool.  My kids and now grandkids like to go into Cheroke and see the Indian stuff, they have a lot of shops and Indian dances - stuff like that.  On that side of the mountain is also a cool old amusement park called Santa's Land that I went to as a kid, and now my grandkids went last summer.  Its kind of cool and hokey all in one, they loved it.  As you can tell I've spent a lot of time in the area, and I love it!!
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    Thanks Peg!  I'm making a list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards