Flowers

Corsage question @Maggie0829

Maggie, I have zero to little corsage experience.
I have a wrist corsage, navy blue ribbons on a silvery bracelet, and that part is working.
White roses seem the obvious choice, for longevity. 

Can you suggest anything better? The girl's dress is deep navy, amost black. 
I would love fragrance, but gardenias are out, because expensive and temperamental. I don't want want to fuck up a gardenia, and don't know what will survive well outside of water. 

I'm limited to grocery store flowers, because I'm too lazy to drive 25 miles to the warehouse and don't need to buy in bulk. Have wire, tape, all that. 

Re: Corsage question @Maggie0829

• I don't know where Maggie's been - I thought about her the other day.

I definitely don't know as much as she does, but I wonder if a little calla lily or an orchid would look nice with some spray roses. Also wax flower would look nice as an accent. All those last pretty well in corsages.
    *********************************************************************************

• Thank you!  There is just so much stuff out there on Google that I don't know what to trust. 
  • Thank you!  There is just so much stuff out there on Google that I don't know what to trust. 

I feel you. I thought back to my high school bouts and corsages..... plus we had wax flowers in our wedding flowers and they held up well. I don't know any names for the greenery stuff, so I'm sorry I cannot help there!
    *********************************************************************************

• I don't know where Maggie's been - I thought about her the other day.

I definitely don't know as much as she does, but I wonder if a little calla lily or an orchid would look nice with some spray roses. Also wax flower would look nice as an accent. All those last pretty well in corsages.
    Our mom's wrist corsages were orchids and maybe one or two spray roses.  They held up like no one's business.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Fragrance problem solved by magic!
    Actually, we've had a very early spring. I went outside yesterday and my white rose bush is blooming early. John Paul II, which is the most amazingly fragrant white rose I've ever smelled.  The kind of rose you can smell from feet away. And there were three perfect buds, as if I'd ordered them. 

I love them. Most florist roses are just disappointing, but now I'll have the sweetest smelling corsage and boutonnière in the world. So hurrah! Now I just need to find my wire, which I think I packed away with the Christmas stuff after I was finished wiring the lights and ornaments into position on the tree. 

Thanks for the help!
  • @ohannabelle - Glad to hear that you found a great solution and that you were able to get the fragrance you wanted!

When it comes to wanting fragrant flowers it is always difficult because, to my nose at least, there aren't that many flowers that are super fragrant that can be purchased at a florist or grocer.  And like you said gardenias are super temperamental.  They can turn brown at the slightest touch or bump.

@southernbelle0915 - I took a slight break from TK.  Just needed some time away from the crazy :)

• @Maggie0829 - well, you came back just in time... :) check out CC.

• @southernbelle0915 - I heard rumblings of shit going down but not super surprised by any type of purge/mass exodus that may have happened.  Seems like it is normal thing to have happen every year or two.  I find it a lot like the scene from Jerry Maguire when Jerry quits/gets fired and then has some crazy outgoing speech where he takes the fish and then as soon as he is gone it is just business as usual.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards