Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invite Disaster

I recently approved my invite and rsvp layout. Long story short i won my invites as part of a package that i won at our local wedding show. The lady who is doing them has been an absolute nightmare to deal with. I think we went through 15 revisions . In the final stages of approving them i got so caught up in one thing she hadn't changed when i had asked numerous times for it to be changed that i must have missed the little hiccup with my phone number on the reply card being wrong  until today .  It is only off by one number but we are doing rsvp's by email/ phone. How do i go about correcting this situation?  I really don't want to spend extra money to have the reply cards reprinted and i doubt she would offer to reprint them and i wouldn't expect her to because it is my own fault i didn't catch the wrong number. Would it be tacky to add a little insert with the correct number or to just simply correct the one wrong number on the reply card itself? I still need to write in the number of seats that have been reserved for each invite that is going out, so maybe it wouldn't look so terrible to just write in the correct number ? 

Re: Invite Disaster

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

You can handwrite in the correction, but if you don't want to do that, can you email your guests with the correct phone number?  You might have to phone guests who can't or won't get that email though.

• Unfortunately, I think your options are to: 

1) pay to have them reprinted; or
    2) hand write the correction on the RSVP card.

If your wedding is super formal, I would go with option 1. If it's not, I would go with option 2.

I would not do an insert. Some people will miss it.
    *********************************************************************************

• KatWAGKatWAG member

Well, you get what you pay for.

I would handwrite the correct number

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    joelleamy said:

I recently approved my invite and rsvp layout. Long story short i won my invites as part of a package that i won at our local wedding show. The lady who is doing them has been an absolute nightmare to deal with. I think we went through 15 revisions . In the final stages of approving them i got so caught up in one thing she hadn't changed when i had asked numerous times for it to be changed that i must have missed the little hiccup with my phone number on the reply card being wrong  until today .  It is only off by one number but we are doing rsvp's by email/ phone. How do i go about correcting this situation?  I really don't want to spend extra money to have the reply cards reprinted and i doubt she would offer to reprint them and i wouldn't expect her to because it is my own fault i didn't catch the wrong number. Would it be tacky to add a little insert with the correct number or to just simply correct the one wrong number on the reply card itself? I still need to write in the number of seats that have been reserved for each invite that is going out, so maybe it wouldn't look so terrible to just write in the correct number ? 

jic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree.  Hand write the correction.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I'd bite the bullet and reprint the reply cards. Mostly because I'm too lazy to go through and correct each one by hand and I'd probably screw it up again (numbers and me are not friends).

You don't have to go through her and get new reply cards if you decide to go that route. You can order just reply cards and it probably won't be as big of a cost as your thinking.
  • Thanks everyone! I contacted her and she said it would be $50 to reprint them. Not a huge cost but just don't think its worth it to reprint them to change one number.

If i would have known it would be such a headache to use my winnings i would have gone with someone else! Just trying to save money where i could ! 

KatWAG ..... LOL agreed 
  • I would just get some card stock and reprint them at home. It's ok if your RSVP cards don't exactly match the invitation. 
  • I would just get some card stock and reprint them at home. It's ok if your RSVP cards don't exactly match the invitation. 
    This is what I was going to suggest.

And if you don't have a decent printer you can make them up on your computer and then email the file to a local Kinkos and have them print and cut them for you.  My friend did this for her programs and it only cost her like $20 for 150 copies.

• scribe95 said:
    Considering you saved money on the free invites I would pay to redo them.
    This is actually a great point.  In the end you will have spent $50 on your invites.  That is a pretty awesome price for custom wedding invitations.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards